Michael Douglas is Hank Pym

Discussion in 'Ant-Man' started by Rorschach2012, Jan 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LostSon88 Registered

Just make it one of those "Obe-shot" movies they like to attach on the BluRay releases...

2. SuperSanchez I'm Not Mexican

There was also a scene where Hank has the stealth suit.

3. Hunter Rider Ronin

Guys, remember to spoiler tag things that are from other MCU films yet to be released.

4. Webfoot Hero West Coaster

I sure hope they put that opening scene on the Blu-Ray. Sounds like something that many would actually enjoy seeing.

5. Spiderdevil Registered

Well done Michael Douglas, perfect casting

Next up in casting talented veterans, Al Pacino :D Make it happen Marvel

6. Drz Real Hero

Michael Douglas was easily the best thing about this movie.

7. DaddlerTheDalek Starship Captain

Douglas was just awesome as Pym.

8. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

‘Ant-Man': Michael Douglas Not Signed For More Marvel Films Yet

http://screenrant.com/ant-man-sequel-michael-douglas-marvel-movies/

9. ElectroFlare Mightiest Mortal

I hope they find a way to get Pym another appearance that doesn't feel shoehorned. Douglas was great and I really enjoyed him in that role. He played the temper just right, and the smart-aleck parts were perfect ("how's your face?"). He should return.

And though I highly doubt they would ever be on the same set in a marvel movie...I really want Pym and Odin to have a conversation.

10. AVEITWITHJAMON Darksider

Yeah we need more Douglas as Pym, he was great, I would even be happy to watch a prequel with him as the star, but I guess it would be expensive to have to make him young throughout.

11. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

If they made a Romancing the Stone-styled prequel adventure with Janet somehow getting caught up in a plot after Hank invents the Pym particles, we could see the two of them playing off each other. There's a whole other movie in there that could've been made before we even got to Scott Lang.

12. Raiden Wakanda Forever

I would love to see an one-shot movie with Douglas as Pym, using the same technology that de-age him in the prologue, and an actress playing Janet (CZJ would be great). It sounds like Douglas really want to reprise his role as Dr. Pym, and I hope Marvel will fulfill his wish.

13. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

If Douglas could put on a bit of weight and have a healthier look so he doesn't look so thin, he could still do an action movie. After all, Harrison Ford is still doing action films even now and he's 73.

14. scatterax Presented in Technicolor

I posted this as a thread in the sequel section

15. Endeavor Que bolá con el timbeque?

I hope Ant-Man 2 is announced soon.
    Nov 2019 :)

16. darkangel Registered

Michael Douglas was incredible!

17. AVEITWITHJAMON Darksider

Don't we all, with Reed directing hopefully.

18. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

I like the Godfather Part II idea, but I don't think Hank needs to be too dark at all.

Also, for the present, Taskmaster is a superb villain, and a common villain to both Hank and Scott. They (along with Wasp) were the first two to ever encounter him.

For the past, they could make Egghead the villain, as he would fit in more with that kind of silver age vibe. He could also be a kind of cross between Armin Zola from CA: TFA and Dr Faustus from Agent Carter. In fact, had Toby Jones not played Zola, he could've played Egghead.

19. scatterax Presented in Technicolor

I just think the quantum realm should play a big part in the present time line and that they would need a scientist type villain to follow Lang in there for a fight. And I don't think pym should be joker dark. Just that he should basically be treated like a good guy on an HBO show. Show him saving the day in public, but also show him losing his temper and his abusive side with his daughter and girlfriend in the past. Basically this would give marvel a chance to showcase a hero's dark side without having a full on DC tone.

20. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

Hank wasn't anymore an abuser than Reed Richards though. When are people ever going to get that? Reed Richards deliberately hit his wife. Pym lashed out ONCE in a moment of extreme stress when he was actually trying to push her away. It was not a pattern of behaviour.

And Marvel/Disney will never go there with that.

21. chamber-music Infinity Ammo

I'm not really interested in seeing Pym go 'dark'. I think they they should stick with the tone they have already set with the movies.

22. TalismanRing Cyclone Cookie Tosser

He's fantastic in this and as much as I liked Rudd in this I'd be all for a Douglass lead Hank Pym movie with Michael Pena playing his new assistant. :woot:

I'm disappointed he's not in Civil War because I'd love to see him going head to head against RDJ's Stark. Hopefully they'll use him in Infinity Wars or maybe even Spider-Man or Dr. Strange.

23. chamber-music Infinity Ammo

You would think he would at least make a cameo appearance
    at Peggy's funeral

24. Mondragon My other Avi is Gaucho Mickey

It pretty much was, besides the Flashback Diego(Hopkins) is for the most part retired, his days as Zorro is in his past when he lost his wife. He is focused on protecting and not losing his daughter, and training the young new bandit, who has fallen to the wrong side of the law, and can't pull himself out from that path even to save his family. Who only needs to be shown how to hone his skills for a greater purpose, rather than for himself.
    His first outing in "costume" is even to steel.
    Enter Hopkins/Douglass.
    Who even has the villain trying to sway the apparent lost/estranged daughter to his side, who he thinks he needs to gain back. He is finally satisfied when he sees he's actually passed the mantle to both his daughter and the new "bandit". And through them both, his name/legacy will live on.
    It's pretty much the same movie.

#999 Mondragon, Aug 31, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2015
  25. fixxxer ...goes to 11

After all the dust settled...

I thought the movie itself was quite good. A solid, fun flick that was engaging and heartfelt while being a little flawed, lacking teeth to a degree and a tad muddled in terms of plotting.

Amidst all of this though, I thought Michael Douglas brought the acting chops in a big way. This could easily have been one of those "sleepwalk through the performance and collect a paycheck" roles for Douglas, who really doesn't have to prove himself at this point, but he really sunk his teeth into the character. Among all the characters, Hank Pym was the most fully fleshed-out and the one that resonated the most with me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.