Michael Douglas is Hank Pym

Status
Not open for further replies.
Loved him in this. He has a great voice too, made the voice-over shots very appealing.

I've been a fan of Michael Douglas for years. I loved him in this. Perfect casting for Pym.

Michael Douglas was an A+ choice for casting. Terrific performance in this movie. I'd like to see him as Pym in the same room as Stark/Banner giving them a science lesson.

I actually think Pym may be smarter than Stark and Banner. In a comparison between a mechanized suit versus a suit that allows the user to shrink and grow on command, I'd say Pym's suit is a more groundbreaking tech in the MCU than Stark's suits. Plus, throw in his tech that allows him to communicate with ants, Pym is one smart dude.

I actually think Pym may be smarter than Stark and Banner. In a comparison between a mechanized suit versus a suit that allows the user to shrink and grow on command, I'd say Pym's suit is a more groundbreaking tech in the MCU than Stark's suits. Plus, throw in his tech that allows him to communicate with ants, Pym is one smart dude.
The only man who could rival Pym, IMO, is Reed Richards.

Even Howard Stark knew Pym was not someone to mess with
“I have known Hank a long time he is no security risk unless we make him one.” — Howard Stark

I think his feelings on Tony was made clear with his comments on the Iron Man tech by calling it, "cute".

The de-aging special effect for Douglas was incredible.

I think his feelings on Tony was made clear with his comments on the Iron Man tech by calling it, "cute".
I thought that perfectly showed how much more highly Pym thought of his tech than Stark's. His suit may not have the flashiness or obvious weaponry of Stark's, but to me, discovering and harnessing the ability to shrink and grow should be looked as a greater scientific achievement. I just doubt many people will see it that way though.

I thought that perfectly showed how much more highly Pym thought of his tech than Stark's. His suit may not have the flashiness or obvious weaponry of Stark's, but to me, discovering and harnessing the ability to shrink and grow should be looked as a greater scientific achievement. I just doubt many people will see it that way though.

Just the idea that he finds his tech so brilliant that he felt it had to be hidden from the world says it all...

Just the idea that he finds his tech so brilliant that he felt it had to be hidden from the world says it all...
I think the stuff in the opening flashback in 1989 provided a clear reason why he didn't feel his tech was safe in anyone else's hands but his own.

Are we allowed to post spoilers in these threads? It seems that everyone else here is posting them.

Anyway, I'm glad that Hank Pym survived the movie. I thought he'd bite the bullet somehow.

I would have to assume spoilers are allowed at this point. It's one thing to not want spoilers before a movie's released, but you have to expect it now. Are there any countries it hasn't come out in yet? I suppose that's the only possible concern.

I would have to assume spoilers are allowed at this point. It's one thing to not want spoilers before a movie's released, but you have to expect it now. Are there any countries it hasn't come out in yet? I suppose that's the only possible concern.

Well I don't know. I got an infraction on 3rd May for untagged spoilers for Age of Ultron in an AOU Quicksilver thread when the movie had already come out, especially in the US (which came out on 1st May), and when everyone else was doing that as well. I don't see how that was remotely fair.

When he was arguing with Hope then he just screams NO! alluva sudden. The whole theater was quiet, and I was really feeling his frustration. Then it made sense a few minutes later, I have to say again, Michael Douglas was EASILY leagues above the rest in terms of acting. *and that's not to say they sucked too, ... cos they didnt*

I really got the sense from this movie that in universe Pym is really the most brilliant scientific mind out there. Howard Stark shows deference to him and Hank certainly looks down on Tony. I would love to see an exchange between Douglas and RDJ.

I'm glad Pym didn't turn out to be a villain as was speculated early on. That would've really ruined his character and I would've hated that aspect about the movie.

Yes, I was afraid throughout either Hank or Hope was going to be the villain.

I've already had one hero ruined by being turned into a villain (Jim Phelps). I don't need another one.

I've already had one hero ruined by being turned into a villain (Jim Phelps). I don't need another one.

I absolutely hated that. It took me right out of the movie. It was hard to root for Tom Cruise's character and I kept hoping it would be all a big misunderstanding somehow. I didn't like what was done to the Mandarin in IM3 either. I'm glad nothing like that happened in Ant-Man.

I would've preferred to see Hank die a hero than for him to turn into a villain. I was even prepared to see that happening and was sure he would. I'm glad neither happened and that he made it through to the end of the movie. Plus if he died, we wouldn't have ever had that cool tank scene.

Hank being a villain never really made sense. Not sure why people were so adamant it would happen.

Edgar Wright even flat out said Hank Pym isn't the villain but people still insisted he was was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"