Michael Rosenbaum has 1 season left!

smallville can survive without lex, the comics have a catalogue of villains to use and personally i think brainiac could have held series 5 alone.

LOL! You seriously crack me up with the stuff that you find. :woot:

:up:
nails.gif

LOL!!! ;)

I'll leave that up to the writers. People were asking that question when Clark was a junior in high school and he had one more year to go before graduating. That was... drum roll please... the THIRD season.

Yeah, but he had college which I THOUGHT would be used to advance Clark's career as a journalist. Thats why I always thought 8 seasons would be good. But, since they're all college drop outs and Clark seems to have no interest in Journalism what-so-ever they may as well end at the end of season 7.

They could show Clark traveling the world

It wouldn't be called Smallville anymore.

But, since they're all college drop outs and Clark seems to have no interest in Journalism what-so-ever they may as well end at the end of season 7.

I dont really see that as being the case. Every week, he's following leads, tracking down information/clues, etc. That's a big part of practical journalism. The writing part is really secondary to that.

Yeah, but he had college which I THOUGHT would be used to advance Clark's career as a journalist. Thats why I always thought 8 seasons would be good. But, since they're all college drop outs and Clark seems to have no interest in Journalism what-so-ever they may as well end at the end of season 7.
Not the college gripefest again?

They're not all college drop outs. Clark dropped out after Jonathan's death in order to work on the farm and keep it out of debt. Nothing changed with the other characters. After the events of Dark Thursday however, nobody could attend college even if they wanted to.

The college argument is LAME. Of all the things that have happened this season, I can't believe people are still moaning about this. C'mon! I assume the other contingent that wants Clark to be proactive "like GA" so he can be out there saving the world will be chiming-in soon too.

Folks, let the writers tell the story. It's pointless making assumptions about what will happen based on what HAS happened when the end is already written in pulp fiction stone. Unlike most TV shows, this series' story DOES have a definitive ending, and Clark's destiny is not going to change just because he doesn't seem to have an interest in journalism or isn't attending college right NOW. Aren't you people interested in seeing how that develops? Isn't that the whole POINT of the show? Why not just sit back and watch the blinkin' lights? Or not. It's up to you.

And yeah, what Hulk said. LOL

i hate to see michael go (if he does...), he is an extremely talented actor that is one of the leaders of the show, but i agree that there are numerous plots still out there without lex that are excellent

and besides, its not like they can't still talk about him, he can even become a deus ex machina that is pulling all the strings behind the scenes if he is that necessary to the show

like moriarty...he was always there

yes, good example

also as others have mentioned, i wouldnt mind seeing season 7 being the final straw between clark and lex, ending with lex leaving smallville (the town) because he would have no one there worth staying for and clark finally accepting his fate beginning his training in the FOS that would carry through season 8, which would not need a on-screen lex

I dont really see that as being the case. Every week, he's following leads, tracking down information/clues, etc. That's a big part of practical journalism.

Chloe does most of the work. If not, ALL of it. It is true that you can just say, "Hey Lois also did most of the work as well." Yeah, that is SORT OF true. It depends on the interpretation. Like, in the Chris Reeve films there wasn't much focus on Clark's journalistic side, but look at the animated series from the `90s. There was an episode that I LOVE. It was called, "the Late Mr. Kent." In the episode Clark spends sleepless nights trying to prove that some guy was gonna get the chair for a muder he didn't commit. Look at the Lois & Clark show. They did an amazing job showing Clark's reporting skills. Sometimes even doing a better job than Lois. In Smallville, so far, they've done a horrible job showing Clark's journalistic side. Its kinda sad, but in the Superboy show, Clark was a better reporter than in Smallville.

Well, that's not so bad!!! I mean Micheal's a amazinf Lex, and his portrayl of the character has gotten so much stronger over the years!! But I think next season should the last!!! 7 years is good number to go out on and smaville has been a great series up to this point, it needs to go strong!! Now weak like most series (Charmed for example!!:o )

Chloe does most of the work. If not, ALL of it. It is true that you can just say, "Hey Lois also did most of the work as well." Yeah, that is SORT OF true. It depends on the interpretation. Like, in the Chris Reeve films there wasn't much focus on Clark's journalistic side, but look at the animated series from the `90s. There was an episode that I LOVE. It was called, "the Late Mr. Kent." In the episode Clark spends sleepless nights trying to prove that some guy was gonna get the chair for a muder he didn't commit. Look at the Lois & Clark show. They did an amazing job showing Clark's reporting skills. Sometimes even doing a better job than Lois. In Smallville, so far, they've done a horrible job showing Clark's journalistic side. Its kinda sad, but in the Superboy show, Clark was a better reporter than in Smallville.

I don't know if that's true, but I don't think anything I would say could convince you.

Clark has done investigating, it's not all Chloe... She does serve as the handy computer hacker, something that Clark can't do, but he's done some investigating on his own.

I thought they were doing a better job showing him doing that this season...

*shrug*

I don't know if that's true, but I don't think anything I would say could convince you.

Clark has done investigating, it's not all Chloe... She does serve as the handy computer hacker, something that Clark can't do, but he's done some investigating on his own.

I thought they were doing a better job showing him doing that this season...

*shrug*

If you compare what Clark is doing in Smallville to the `90s animated series, Lois & Clark show, and HECK even the Superboy series you'll realize he's a really weak journalist. I think the problem is that Gough & Millar sometimes copy the Chris Reeve films too much. In the Reeve films they didn't really focus on Clark's journalistic side that much either, so I guess they feel they can get away with it here as well.

If you compare what Clark is doing in Smallville to the `90s animated series, Lois & Clark show, and HECK even the Superboy series you'll realize he's a really weak journalist. I think the problem is that Gough & Millar sometimes copy the Chris Reeve films too much. In the Reeve films they didn't really focus on Clark's journalistic side that much either, so I guess they feel they can get away with it here as well.

Well considering he's NOT ACTUALLY a journalist, it could be the reason why they dont show him being one.

He's a farmer and a crime fighter who uses his investigative skills along with his trusty sidekick, to get the job done.

Well considering he's NOT ACTUALLY a journalist, it could be the reason why they dont show him being one.

He's a farmer and a crime fighter who uses his investigative skills along with his trusty sidekick, to get the job done.
This actually brings up a good point. In modern continuity, just how interested is Clark in actual JOURNALISM? He's a good writer, and he endeavors to get to the bottom of the story, but just how much does his motivation for uncovering the truth have to do with the story itself? Isn't he more of a hero and savior than a newspaper reporter? I mean, that's his DISGUISE. Hello? LOL Lois is the ace reporter with Pulitzer aspirations, not Clark.

Just something to think about. :D

This actually brings up a good point. In modern continuity, just how interested is Clark in actual JOURNALISM? He's a good writer, and he endeavors to get to the bottom of the story, but just how much does his motivation for uncovering the truth have to do with the story itself? Isn't he more of a hero and savior than a newspaper reporter? I mean, that's his DISGUISE. Hello? LOL Lois is the ace reporter with Pulitzer aspirations, not Clark.

Just something to think about. :D

I always thought him working at the Planet was a means to having him discover where Superman's help was needed. Chloe said something to that effect in Vengeance. Whilst I'm sure he enjoys being a reporter and he is good at it, he doesnt live and breathe it the way Lois does.

Clark Kent has won many journalist awards himself, and has written 3 or 4 novels, so I'd say it's a pretty big part of his life.

^^but at this point in his life is it....?

im with pat, he enjoys it, but it MAINLY is a cover up identity that gives his superhero persona a heads up on breaking news

i dont see it being critical until he wears the suit and starts looking for a cover up persona

Well Pat said modern continuity, I took that to mean comics, not the show, so yes I believe journalism is a big part of Clark Kent's life.

And, who's fault is that? If Chloe, Lois, and Jimmy are already working in the field why isn't Clark? Why doesn't Clark get some job at a local Smallville newspaper or something? Like I said before, Gough & Millar just figured that since Donner/Lester/Salkinds got away with not focusing too much on Clark's life as a reporter they could just get away with it here as well.

Clark Kent has won many journalist awards himself, and has written 3 or 4 novels, so I'd say it's a pretty big part of his life.

Well Pat said modern continuity, I took that to mean comics, not the show, so yes I believe journalism is a big part of Clark Kent's life.

Thank You! I don't know why some can't accept that Clark loves being a reporter. Thats why I love the "Late Mr. Kent" episode from the `90s animated series. Instead of Superman going to the court to prove that a man is innocent from committing murder he wants it to be a victory for Clark Kent. Thats why journalism is important to Clark. He doesn't want Superman to be the hero all the time. He also wants Clark Kent to have a victory as well. And, he does that through his award-winning investigative reporting.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that next season we'll see more of the reporter in Clark. They have a big arc for Lois planned for next year, so hopefully they'll have Clark fall more into his future Metropolis self as well. The Lex/Lana story arc this season may have muddied things up a bit.

Sigh, what about the "big Clark story arc?" You know, becoming Superman!!

I'd like to know when we're going to get that...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"