Smallville Michael Rosenbaum - Lex Luthor : The Villain of the Story

Rosenbaum's Lex officially became a true villian for me because of my own reaction to the first Lex/Lana strip down scene in S6, where they're standing by the fireplace getting ready to do the deed. Ughhh...it was kindof gross.
I know right there and then that Rosenbaum was the best.

Lex getting his leg over cemented him as the greatest villain of all time!!!

I do wish that the bulk of Lex's turn against Clark hadn't revolved around an ill-concieved love triangle between Lex, Lana and Clark. Otherwise, love him. Just about neck and neck with Clancy Brown for me.

Gene Hackman, as great of an actor as he may be, comes fairly close to the bottom of the list.

You know one of my fav scenes with lex had to be the one with impluse in justice with the hair joke. That was totally priceless.

My favourite moment was in season 7 when he yelled at the failed Julian clone, "you're not my brother, you're a mistake" then shoots him.

My favourite part with Lex, definitely has to be where he pushes Lionel out the window.

"I was raised in your shadow. Now you're going to die in mine"
******* EPIC!!! :D

Say what you want about SV, I do, but we gotta admit, they gave us an amazing Lex. Rosenbaum is a legend :up:

Last edited:
And most fans would agree sv lex was one of the best takes.

Lex lost my respect when he was murdered by Oliver Queen.

And how does that lose your respect for a character.

LOL

I like to think Lex died when the fortress collapsed. I try to pretend Lex in season 8 and the finale didnt happen. Seeing the actor in the finale was great, but wiping his memory and the process combining parts from clones to come back to life is silly.

God its no different then what has happen to lex in the comics many times over.

The only thing close to it that happened was Lex getting cancer from Kryptonite exposure in the 1990s.

He created a clone (Lex Luthor II) and had his brain transferred into that body.

Lex-Luthor-II.jpg

Smallville's Lex actually died in the truck explosion.

The new Lex from the finale is a combination of the best parts of the Lex clones. Franken-Lex.

I would have preferred Lex to have stayed alive till Season 9 at least, and have Zod kill him off. The Oliver murder thing went nowhere.

It's actually possible the Lex that appeared in Requiem was a clone. Because when the real Lex is having his memory wiped, he has no memory of the encounter in Season 8.

Lex's disappearance almost had to be written the way it was, Rosenbaum just didn't want to come back.

That's probably because the cloned Lex Luthor from the finale was created from DNA from BEFORE "Requiem."

It wouldn't make sense for him to have memories of those events.

It's just like how Zod and his cloned army's last memories are from when their DNA was taken.

It also wouldn't make sense for the Lex from Requiem to have been a clone. They confirmed onscreen that his injuries were from the Fortress collapse and he was after the suit as his lifeline to recovery.

6a00d83452d71369e201116848bc0a970c-800wi

Why couldn't they just have him disappear after the fortress collapse. He is missing, then eventually declared dead. Then returns for the finale.

And back then many of us where going with theory that lex could have been a clone. Hell we know in tenth he had a lot of clones. So it could have if they wanted it to be a not fully forrmed clone we saw then. Plus that could have been an cool angle to go with since we had clones going far back to emily dinsmore.

I remember.

And all your theories turned out wrong.

and I was just saying an idea/theory most had. Didn't mean of that was what happened.

And so what if he was killed like that look at how other characters where killed in the show. I don't see just cause of that you loose respect forr the character.

Happy 40th Birthday to Rosey....

If you don't follow him on Twitter, you should.
@mrosenbaum711

Boy didn't know he was 40 and happy birthday to him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"