The Official Michael Rosenbaum Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

triplet

KryptonSite Reviewer
Reaction score
Okay, I looked and couldn't believe Rosie didn't have his own thread before Erica Durance got hers, so here it is.

I just found this interview today on People.com:

Smallville's Michael Rosenbaum
Sexy Lexy talks about playing evil, his ideal woman and more

Thursday Dec 08, 2005 6:00am EST
By Emily Fromm

mrosenbaum.jpg

Lex Luthor: heartthrob?

Michael Rosenbaum, who plays Superman's future nemesis on the WB's Smallville, has made the supervillain-to-be so appealing that fans dubbed him "Sexy Lexy." But on the Dec. 8 episode, Lex reaches a major crossroads. "A lot of people I bump into say, 'We don't want you to turn evil!' " Rosenbaum says. "But they know he's been fighting this for a long time." The actor, 33, talked to PEOPLE.com about his latest test of character and got personal – about his eccentric family, the perfect date and more.

It's Smallville's fifth season. Are you looking forward to finally playing an evil Lex?
This has been a whole journey of Lex becoming the ultimate villain in comic-book history: His mother dies, his brother Julian dies and he's got this evil dad. To watch him grow up trying to do the right thing all the time, it's like, "He deserves to kick some ass right now!" There's nothing like telling someone off or having someone killed. On the show, of course.

What else is in store for Lex?
The Lex and Lana relationship is going to really heat up. They're both kind of lonely, dark creatures, and I think there's some attraction there. And obviously the relationship between Clark and Lex is probably going to get worse. It's sad, because I think Lex really likes Clark. He's a nice kid, but he doesn't trust me. Why wouldn’t you trust Lex Luthor?

What's it like maintaining a bald head?
I get a straight razor to my head every day, and I've been doing it for five years. I once figured out I'd shaved my head like 600 times. I'm butt-cheek soft, usually, and thank the Lord almighty, it's still growing.

What's the secret to staying butt-cheek smooth?
Kiehl's cream on the head, and Kiehl's Blue Astringent after shaving. You've gotta sprinkle that on, close the pores, kill the bacteria. You've gotta spring-clean.

Tell me about Welcome to Paradise, the show based on your adolescence that you're writing for FOX.
I was such a little nerd. I was the smallest kid in my entire high school. We moved (from Long Island, N.Y.) to Newburgh, Ind., in 1980, and I had this wacky, crazy family. What's funny is the situations that this (character) is put through.

For example?
My mom once wrote me a check for 85 cents, for lunch. Do you know how embarrassing that is?

So is there a Mrs. Lex Luthor these days?
You know, there's not. It's just not easy, going back and forth between L.A. and Vancouver (where Smallville is filmed"). It'd be nice, I'd like to meet someone. I'm getting the heat from my grandparents. They're like, "Mike, come on, when do we get great-grandkids?" Every time I meet somebody: "She sounds great!" To them, if she's breathing, she sounds great.

What do you look for in a girl?
Someone who can put up with me. I'm not easy. I admit it though. Don't think you're dating Mr. Cool, 'cause I'm anything but Mr. Cool.

How so?
I mean, I've got action figures hanging up in my house. Behind me is an autographed Napoleon Dynamite poster. I have a karaoke machine downstairs, I have a conversion van – I'm a 33-year-old, some people would call it loser, but I have fun.

What's your idea of a perfect date?
The perfect date would probably be going to Disney World and riding Space Mountain and the Aerosmith ride and the Twilight Zone ride until you're about to hurl. Then you'd probably go to Epcot, where you can go to, like, 10 different cities in the world! How many girls can say, "I went to Italy, Spain, Mexico, London – all on one date!"

Poor Rosenbaum, that's the second interview where he mentions he can't get a girl cuz he's not as cool as Lex Luthor

He was on Regis and Kelly this morning.
Has the video made it online yet?

Forget Lex Luthor.

This man is THE FLASH.

Hes so hilarious. :up:

I think he has the most talent of the entire cast, next to John Glover of course.

RakuMon said:

His appearance was cancelled. Damn it. George Clooney was on instead.

He's so funny on talk shows. Always entertaining.

I'm sorry his appearance got scrubbed.

Glover out shines them all, i've missed him this season.

The Red X said:
Glover out shines them all, i've missed him this season.

True, but I find Rosenbaum a close second. The rest are forgetable but Rosenbaum has a really cool acting range (though hes actually better playing a clown like Wally West).

And I missed Glover all of last season too, they really screwed up his character.

sorority-boys01.jpg

My god, just look at him. Even as a girl he's totally hot. :)

RakuMon said:

he wasnt on. my cable guide said he was, but the only people on were George Clooney and the old gadget guy from Tech TV

LadyVader said:
My god, just look at him. Even as a girl he's totally hot. :)

:down No. Thats totally disturbing.

Lets pretend that awful movie never happened.

You wanna talk awful comedies, Van Wilder takes the cake.

... only to have it killed by sperm eclairs. :)

triplet said:
Okay, I looked and couldn't believe Rosie didn't have his own thread before Erica Durance got hers, so here it is.

I just found this interview today on People.com:

mrosenbaum.jpg

Nice pic. MR's really smokin' in that pic. :)

What's your idea of a perfect date?
The perfect date would probably be going to Disney World and riding Space Mountain and the Aerosmith ride and the Twilight Zone ride until you're about to hurl. Then you'd probably go to Epcot, where you can go to, like, 10 different cities in the world! How many girls can say, "I went to Italy, Spain, Mexico, London – all on one date!"

Oh, man... I'm MR's perfect date! :eek: :)
I love all that.

Serene said:
Nice pic. MR's really smokin' in that pic. :)

Oh, man... I'm MR's perfect date! :eek: :)
I love all that.

Yeah, me too! I would love to have a date like that, but you know... one of the first places me and my hubby had gone to when we first started dating was Disneyland so I did kinda have a date like that with him....

:D :up:

It was awesome, btw. ;)

triplet said:
Yeah, me too! I would love to have a date like that, but you know... one of the first places me and my hubby had gone to when we first started dating was Disneyland so I did kinda have a date like that with him....

:D :up:

It was awesome, btw. ;)

On the first day of my wife and I's honeymoon, we went to disneyland too. The day after we jumped a plane to Hawii. I was great!:up:

MR did amazing tonight. He was the man and for the record i feel acting goes like this:
1.Glover
2.Rosenbaum
3.Welling

^^^ Is that right??? yeah i think so. What do you guys and gals think?

Well if you want to be really detailed

Glover
Rosenbaum
Schneider
Kreuk
O Toole
Mack
Welling
Durance

Tom deffinatly needs to be hight than Kreuk and Mack, I don't know what your thinkin.:O

Well, Im biased towards Kreuk
And I don't know, Mack seems a little better as an actor

To me at least

Im so much like Rosenbaum in real life its not funny. Kinda a cross between him and Adam Brody personality wise, even though I look like a mini Randy Orton physically.

I think it's hard and really subjective to try and rank the actors. In this ep, we saw a lot more of MR and KK, and even Glover, than anyone else. I thought they all did a fine job. I hate to say it, but I thought Tom was kind of stiff in his first scene with Chloe at the Planet. AM is consistently good, IMO.

Serene said:
I think it's hard and really subjective to try and rank the actors. In this ep, we saw a lot more of MR and KK, and even Glover, than anyone else. I thought they all did a fine job. I hate to say it, but I thought Tom was kind of stiff in his first scene with Chloe at the Planet. AM is consistently good, IMO.

You all know I won't argue against Allison Mack.:up: :D

Serene said:
Tom was kind of stiff in his first scene with Chloe at the Planet.

I think he was acting like he didnt want to be there. Which he didnt at first, he wanted to be at home with Lana.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunStorm333
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"