BvS Michael Wilkinson Is The Costume Designer For Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice

What I mean by lower quality suit is this.
Smallville.jpg

superman-dawn-of-justice-set-batman-vs-superman-new-superman-suit-revealed-how-does-it-compare-to-man-of-steel-jpeg-120412.jpg

The man of steel suit looks fitted, everything is more proportionate, there are no folds in the suit. The muscles don't look air brushed onto the suit.

I prefer the enhanced muscular look (airbrushed as some call) because a) the muscularity of the MOS suit looked anitomically incorrect (the suit was still great, mind you) and b) because I think it will look more natural depending on the angles and lighting that Snyder utilizes in BVS.

From what I've seen, not one in-film shot of the BVS Superman suit looks as bad as what is posted from the behind the scenes image above.

These costumes are made to look the best when all elements of shooting are in order. At least IMO.

How is this anatomically incorrect?
Smallville.jpg

There are a few shots where the suit doesn't looks as great as it should in the trailers, for me.

What I mean by lower quality suit is this.
Smallville.jpg

superman-dawn-of-justice-set-batman-vs-superman-new-superman-suit-revealed-how-does-it-compare-to-man-of-steel-jpeg-120412.jpg

The man of steel suit looks fitted, everything is more proportionate, there are no folds in the suit. The muscles don't look air brushed onto the suit.

To be fair the examples you have used – MoS shot from the actual film, and BvS shot off somebody's mobile phone from distance. Hardly comparable.

To be fair the examples you have used – MoS shot from the actual film, and BvS shot off somebody's mobile phone from distance. Hardly comparable.

Top one isn't. It's a set pic just like the BvS one. That's why I chose it.

Top one isn't. It's a set pic just like the BvS one. That's why I chose it.

Looks like a set shot of actual filming to me –*it definitely has a colour filter and the lighting and the way his cape are flowing are favourable – then in comparison you have a shot from BvS where Henry has a cape covering most of the suit and the lighting etc. aren't flattering.

Looks much better when you look at a proper photo...

CcAKKZNUYAAZ-v6.jpg

Compare that to the on-set shot above... looks completely different!

Last edited:
Agree with every point you've made, Matt. I like the BvS suit, but I feel like it's a step-down from the MOS suit in every way. I hope they bring back the MOS for JL.

Looks like a set shot of actual filming to me –*it definitely has a colour filter and the lighting and the way his cape are flowing are favourable – then in comparison you have a shot from BvS where Henry has a cape covering most of the suit and the lighting etc. aren't flattering.

Looks much better when you look at a proper photo...

CcAKKZNUYAAZ-v6.jpg

Compare that to the on-set shot above... looks completely different!
Agreed, while it looks decent to good in set photos. It looks extremely better in actual photos and movie shots.

Agree with every point you've made, Matt. I like the BvS suit, but I feel like it's a step-down from the MOS suit in every way. I hope they bring back the MOS for JL.

Honestly for JL, While i do wish some elements from the MOS suit comes back and update some elements(like every superhero movie does), I wouldn't mind or wouldn't be mad if they just used the BvS suit going forward.

It looks gorgeous in all the footage, promo pics and on display. That's the only thing that matters to me. Same goes for the batsuit.

The gold in the 'S' symbol looks a million times better on the BvS suit than what they used on the MoS suit.

How is this anatomically incorrect?
Smallville.jpg

There are a few shots where the suit doesn't looks as great as it should in the trailers, for me.

Perhaps I was a bit to broad in my analysis. I'm mainly referring to the abs area. Most of the time, that area looks unlike natural abdominal muscles.

The gold in the 'S' symbol looks a million times better on the BvS suit than what they used on the MoS suit.
I heartily agree. To me, the gold backing of the shield in MoS always looked more like a yellow eggshell in terms of color and shine. I was very happy to see they changed that for BvS.

Eh, I think both suits are fantastic. I think I like the MOS one slightly better because I think the belt looks cooler but they're both a billion times better than anything we've ever gotten before in a Superman suit (dodges rocks from insecure Donner obsessives who think that a cheap plastic belt and a leotard is the only thing Superman should ever wear).

Eh, I think both suits are fantastic. I think I like the MOS one slightly better because I think the belt looks cooler but they're both a billion times better than anything we've ever gotten before in a Superman suit (dodges rocks from insecure Donner obsessives who think that a cheap plastic belt and a leotard is the only thing Superman should ever wear).

The Donner suit looks fine for that period of time, but people are fooling themselves if they believe it holds up.

Yeah, in its time it was fine. But whenever I see some fan post on the internet that the MOS or BvS costume sucks and they shouldn't have messed with something classic like the Donner suit, I just roll my eyes. Imagine if Chris Evans was running around in the 1970s Captain America II suit.

This. :up: :up:

Yeah, in its time it was fine. But whenever I see some fan post on the internet that the MOS or BvS costume sucks and they shouldn't have messed with something classic like the Donner suit, I just roll my eyes. Imagine if Chris Evans was running around in the 1970s Captain America II suit.

Thank god they ditched red panties.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"