Microsoft & Marvel's MMORPG Update/News

Advanced Dark

Avenger
Reaction score
Peter Moore's Pre-E3 Chat
By: César A. Berardini - "Cesar"
Apr. 25th, 2006 6:59 pm
Peter Moore had a quick chat with Xbox.com to talk about next month’s E3 expo, the Xbox 360 and the Xbox Live service. Regarding E3 2006, Moore revealed in this interview that Microsoft plans to deliver special content to Xbox Live users during the expo:

"It is our goal to bring E3 home to Xbox Live members as best we can, all the videos and the news as quickly as possible," vowed Peter. "We will give you the flavor of what's going on, on the show floor and some of the stuff that we are showing and debuting here."

Xbox.com then goes onto state that, "Xbox Live members should be able to play many of the demos that even the celebrities will be testing out at E3."

Moore also confessed to Xbox.com that Steven Spielberg has E3 already marked on his calendar. We know Spielberg is developing a game with EA, but he’s also the executive producer for the upcoming TRANSFORMERS motion picture, whose game adaptation will be published by Activision.

Peter showed his excitement for the MMO genre, highlighting that these games break down geographic and language barriers. Last year, Microsoft signed an agreement with Marvel to develop a MMO based on the Marvel universe superheroes. Will Microsoft show the Marvel MMO at E3 2006 for the first time? Maybe that’s the reason for Peter’s enthusiasm:

"Somebody's going to develop that game that becomes the classic metaverse that you read about in Snow Crash and I think that day is going to come sooner rather than later." said Peter. "Somebody's going to crack it; I don't know who it's going to be. I'd like to think it could be us."

Whatever Microsoft has in store, it is sure to be pretty cool. The best thing is that all Xbox owners with an Internet broadband connection will be able to check E3 firsthand, via their Xbox 360, as Verizon will sponsor a week of Free Xbox Live Gold during the expo.

It’s a great time to be a gamer!

Can't wait till 2008

Sounds great with what they are doing with E3 & XBOX Live this Year. Now we really wont feel left out :up:

homg... I luff XBL even more now.

XwolverineX said:
I would love this. But I cannot pay 15 dollars a month.

I agree dude. Hell the only reason I am on XBOX Live now is because its a Free 12 Month Trial. By the time that ends PS3 & Revolution will be out & they are having FREE Online Play. So I will be making the Switch in terms of playing Online.

Dnsk said:
I agree dude. Hell the only reason I am on XBOX Live now is because its a Free 12 Month Trial. By the time that ends PS3 & Revolution will be out & they are having FREE Online Play. So I will be making the Switch in terms of playing Online.

I don't mind Payin' for Live at all. I meant for an MMORPG..

Yet, I am still Liveless

I wont pay for an mmorpg either. Paying it once to own the Game & Play it is enough for me

XwolverineX said:
I would love this. But I cannot pay 15 dollars a month.

A lot of people say this... yet they go to the movies and blockbuster and pay $15 a month for four hours entertainment ALL the time...

Edit: If you're ACTUALLY poor, and you get on the internet in the public library and only get to buy stuff like once a month, then my apologies, I've been there... it's not fun...

I too would like to know some mroe specifics.

Far too many rumors and not near enough substance.

I think a Marvel MMORPG would be easier, but at the same time harder, to make than a DC MMORPG.

*leaves thread

GL1 said:
A lot of people say this... yet they go to the movies and blockbuster and pay $15 a month for four hours entertainment ALL the time...

Edit: If you're ACTUALLY poor, and you get on the internet in the public library and only get to buy stuff like once a month, then my apologies, I've been there... it's not fun...

Not, it's just I spend like 60 dollars a month on comics. :( I might get it though, if It only comes out in 08, I'll be in college ( Maybe ) and hopefully have a real job. Or I might become a thief, I haven't decided. :confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"