Mission: Impossible - Dead Reckoning

Whether it's something she or McQuarrie wanted, it felt extremely forced and cliched with how it was handled. She was probably my favourite character and I hope her arc does not end in such a horrible way.

Last edited:
Whether it's something she or McQuarrie wanted, it felt extremely forced and cliched with how it was handled. She was probably my favourite character and I hope her arc does not end in such a horrible way.
FINGERS CROSSED!

Trying to recover from the DR box office

By wasting $7 million on a Super Bowl ad when there isn't even a new movie out this year?

T2r1od6.gif

They literally spent $7 million on an ad promoting seven movies that are already out on a streaming service that Paramount owns?

#Why?

I can understand if they already had the money allocated or some such and reversing that decision would've been hard. It still seems silly to me to spend that much money on promoting older films on your streaming service, when streamers are losing so much money and trying to cut costs.

Finally got around to watching Dead Reckoning this weekend - fantastic movie :up:

I think my roommate hit the nail on the head in turns of the film's box office. She agreed with me that it's fantastic but she said that ALL the Mission Impossible films since Ghost Protocol have been fantastic - this was just another fantastic one...

Audiences might have perceived this as just another great Ethan Hunt film, while Barbenheimer offered something comparably 'fresh' to moviegoers...

Just my two cents :halo:

Finally got around to watching Dead Reckoning this weekend - fantastic movie :up:

I think my roommate hit the nail on the head in turns of the film's box office. She agreed with me that it's fantastic but she said that ALL the Mission Impossible films since Ghost Protocol have been fantastic - this was just another fantastic one...

Audiences might have perceived this as just another great Ethan Hunt film, while Barbenheimer offered something comparably 'fresh' to moviegoers...

There’s something to this. People obviously want great films, but at some point that will for variety or new things also kicks in.

There’s something to this. People obviously want great films, but at some point that will for variety or new things also kicks in.
Hopefully, if 8 just as good,its FANTASTIC Nature will be an advantage. After all, Tom's not going to be able to do this forever, THE CLOCK IS TICKING!

Perhaps we need a different perspective on this Super Bowl Spot business.
The other day, the spot played while I was watching Ghost Protocol.
Maybe it is bad business.
But a spot celebrating the entire franchise EVERY SINGLE TIME that I watch a MI movie on, TV? I don't know about you. But, I COULD GET USED TO THAT!

I'd even say since Mission: Impossible III if only for Philip Seymour Hoffman. Easily the best villain of the franchise by a country mile.

Ghost Protocol really was the turning point/shift for the franchise, where Cruise abandoned the idea of each movie having a different directorial feel and style and made it the Christopher McQuarrie show, by bringing him on as a script doctor, and that lead to McQ directing the last three movies and the next one.

Ghost Protocol really was the turning point/shift for the franchise, where Cruise abandoned the idea of each movie having a different directorial feel and style and made it the Christopher McQuarrie show, by bringing him on as a script doctor, and that lead to McQ directing the last three movies and the next one.
It's funny. There's an obvious upswing in quality (though I think the first movie is probably the best in the series, at least par with Fallout) but I also lowkey wish it still had a completely, utterly different tone in each movie. I love that the first four all barely feel related to one another.

It's funny. There's an obvious upswing in quality (though I think the first movie is probably the best in the series, at least par with Fallout) but I also lowkey wish it still had a completely, utterly different tone in each movie. I love that the first four all barely feel related to one another.
I miss that too. Specially after Dead Reckoning that felt like a much weaker version of Fallout. I'm not ready to dismiss McQ just yet, but M:I-8 should have to be considerably better than DR.

I miss that too. Specially after Dead Reckoning that felt like a much weaker version of Fallout. I'm not ready to dismiss McQ just yet, but M:I-8 should have to be considerably better than DR.
Yeah, I was pretty lukewarm on DR and it for sure felt like the novelty of the McQuarrie take (and his whole janky, find the movie in post shtick that I’ve always thought made his movies super messy, a habit clearly worsened by the pandemic) was completely gone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"