Modern Warfare 3 reveal in 5 days

Status
Not open for further replies.
A big reason why the OG IW gets so much praise has a lot to do with their artist for the models and environments. The skyboxes in MW2 are incredible.

screenshot0185.jpg

Just compare the polish on the gloves versus the one from MW3. MW2 looks better IMO but it's whatever seeing as this game looks incredibly fun.

Not only that but it has filled out skyboxes that don't cheat like Blops did in a lot of maps by surrounding vague unpolished buildings around mist and fog. MW2 had a a couple maps like that but for the most part most of the maps were incredibly beautiful.

On this map specifically it was gun to go into ghost mode and go visit Jesus.

HaHa... I did the same. I love that they put Cristo Redentor in the map.

I just realized I am not prepared at all for this game. I've been playing way to much Gears. The concept of not being able to takecover seems so strange to me now.

A big reason why the OG IW gets so much praise has a lot to do with their artist for the models and environments. The skyboxes in MW2 are incredible.

I don't agree with that, compared to other games technically and asthetically it tends to look really bad. At least to me anyway, generally when I play a fairly generic looking militery shooter, I want it to make up with a lack of uniqe visuals by just have super awsome graphics. I can't remember the name of the map but there was one in Black Ops that takes place with lots of wooden fences and cardboard cut-outs and it is serously the worst looking muliplayer map I have ever played. I think I posted a few screenshots a while back, I will try find them to show you. I'm sure you will agree.

aktmbp.png

EDIT:

There we go.

http://img535.imageshack.us/img535/337/blackopsmp2010111015240.jpg
http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/6260/blackopsmp2010111015241.jpg

Horrible DOF as well. He looks like a scary ghosty.

http://i56.tinypic.com/2rdalh1.jpg

Last edited:
I don't agree with that, compared to other games technically and asthetically it tends to look really bad. At least to me anyway, generally when I play a fairly generic looking militery shooter, I want it to make up with a lack of uniqe visuals by just have super awsome graphics. I can't remember the name of the map but there was one in Black Ops that takes place with lots of wooden fences and cardboard cut-outs and it is serously the worst looking muliplayer map I have ever played. I think I posted a few screenshots a while back, I will try find them to show you. I'm sure you will agree.
IMG]http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/3769/aktmbp.png[/IMG]

I can't remember the name of the map but there was one in Black Ops that takes place with lots of wooden fences and cardboard cut-outs and it is serously the worst looking muliplayer map I have ever played.

Black Ops was made by Treyarch, I was praising the artist from the original Infinity Ward team (none left in current IW or at Sledgehammer) that worked on the multiplayer maps. Thats why I used a screenshot of Favela.

So I'm not sure with what you're exactly disagreeing with me here. The artist that worked on the maps for MW2 multiplayer maps were far, far better than the guys at Treyarch, nuInfinityWard and Sledgehammer. For skyboxes, textures, models etc.

You posted a picture from the single player of MW2 without showing the in game auto anti aliasing which makes it look better. But I guess point taken not all portions of all the maps included will look 100% amazing.

Plus I'm specifically referring to the multiplayer maps from MW2. Those are the only one's being referred to by me.

Are you seriously telling me you find Favela skybox ugly? You're free to believe whatever you like but I disagree with the notion that all the COD games are basically the same in terms of artistry when it comes to skyboxes and the like.

Artiste that worked on MW2 were better than the other teams mentioned. Like I said almost every (if not every single one) skybox in Black Ops multiplayer is hazed/fogged out for a lack of solid artistry. This was not an issue for the guys working on MW2 multiplayer maps is all I'm getting at.

We should make a group on COD Elite when this game comes out. There's a BF3 SHH group if anyone has that game & wants to join too.

Clans are limited to just Elite right? If so then that's a no-go for me since I won't be getting it....for now. But If you guys make a group or team or whatever the free version is called I'll gladly join.

Can you only join a clan if you yourself have Elite? If so.. I probably won't pick up the game based on that. I'm not the worlds biggest CoD fan... I only really buy them to play with friends... but if I can't join their Clan then it will be pointless.

Can you only join a clan if you yourself have Elite? If so.. I probably won't pick up the game based on that. I'm not the worlds biggest CoD fan... I only really buy them to play with friends... but if I can't join their Clan then it will be pointless.
:huh: You can still play with your friends even if you're not in a clan with them.
There are 10 Prestige Levels
Yeah, and 80 levels per prestige, but that's been known for a while now.

I thought you can make clans/groups in the free version of Elite? I'm not paying for it, f*** that.

I thought you can make clans/groups in the free version of Elite? I'm not paying for it, f*** that.
Just found out that in the free version you can make public groups and private clans, So as soon as somebody from the hype gets the game go ahead and make the clan so we can reserve a clan tag. I imagine it'd be SHH! or HYPE, maybe something along those lines?

:huh: You can still play with your friends even if you're not in a clan with them.

Yeah, and 80 levels per prestige, but that's been known for a while now.
80 levels? what.the.****. that's horrible. I would of just like 50 like first MW.

does anyone have deals for this game?

i found one for 44.99

btw as i was going to purchase the game they must have changed the pricing...sucks. Ill just reserve at gamestop or see if there is a weekend deal somewhere

do you guys know if there are any reviews?

If he's a Youtube commentator then its worth it but if he isn't he probably should have just waited until it's released.

His money though so he can do whatever he wants with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"