Kandyse McClure

tumblr_mlzny23R8q1qmm8t3o1_500.png

tumblr_mlzny23R8q1qmm8t3o2_500.png

tumblr_o0wdqanOCW1qeswyho7_r1_250.gif

tumblr_mloarqOzQb1r81r2fo1_500.jpg

tumblr_mloarqOzQb1r81r2fo4_500.jpg

tumblr_nioz1msDRv1ql4n3ko2_500.gif

Last edited:
I like Tika Sumpter as a dark skin Monica Lynne. She is some sexy hot chocolate.:hmr: I would go with Gugu Mbatha-Raw or Alicia Keys as a light skin Monica Lynne. I hope Lupita Nyong'o is Shuri or a Dora Milaje. If Gugu Mbatha-Raw isn't cast as Monica I hope she is cast as Monica Rambeau in Captain Marvel.

^ I like her better for Jessica Drew.

18306-gugu-mbatha-raw-attends-the-2016-naacp-i-768x0-1.jpg

She's got an in with Disney; she'll be in Rogue one and the new Beauty and the beast film.

afa9.png

Come on Disney/Marvel...make it happen!

She's not in Rogue One.

Kandyse McClure most definitely

If Lupita is the love interest isn't this likely who she's playing?

Could be. Most of us are hoping she's playing a more active character since Lynne sounds too much like the typical "damsel in distress" sort.

I guess they could change the character up a bit, though.

If Lupita is the love interest isn't this likely who she's playing?

It certainly would be against type, not that that would be a bad thing. I have a feeling though that the female love interest for BP will be significantly different than Monica Lynne was in the original comics. If she's still called Monica Lynne (ala Alexander Pierce, Helmut Zemo) is up in the air.

Also consider if they might go the way of a Storm-lite.

Another candidate that can sing and act is Boardwalk Empire's Margot Bingham.

The+Rise+Of+Congo+Fundraiser+dqc3Ae4VoObl.jpg

ae843727a2041642ce44e07aac1ec616.jpg

cover_MArgo_LC2_final_web-1-650x829.jpg

margot-bingham-sean-diddy-combs-hosts-hbos_3853586.jpg

Margot+Bingham+Cinema+Society+Screening+Marvel+0V2S9YA3P5bl.jpg

ScreenShot2013-12-13at5.47.56PM.png

Margot+Bingham+L3MrLVtvsS3m.jpg

mb-jpg.jpg

Margot+Bingham+HBO+Boardwalk+Empire+Backroom+TEZQ8WRqIQBl.jpg

Last edited:
Nicole Beharie is of course a other excellent choice. Just saw this clip of her goofing around singing hotline bling, using a country sounding accent

jq6idj.jpg

It certainly would be against type, not that that would be a bad thing. I have a feeling though that the female love interest for BP will be significantly different than Monica Lynne was in the original comics. If she's still called Monica Lynne (ala Alexander Pierce, Helmut Zemo) is up in the air.

Also consider if they might go the way of a Storm-lite.

That would be much better than Monica Lynne. I fear that Lynne could be nothing more than a boring Pepper Potts/Jane Foster type girlfriend who stands around looking worried while her man is fighting.

Monica Lynne has probably been rewritten in this movie if that is who Lupita is playing her. I want Lupita to be Shuri, but if she's the love interest then that's great. I'm tired of biracial light skinned love interests.

lupita-nyongo-vogue-cover-october-2015-01.jpg

Lupita-Nyongo-for-Vogue-October-2015-BellaNaija-September-2015008.jpg

lupita-nyongo-vogue-cover-october-2015-08.jpg

lupita-nyongo-vogue-cover-october-2015-06.jpg
Save</span>

I wanted Lupita to play Shuri too. That would have been perfect casting.

That would be much better than Monica Lynne. I fear that Lynne could be nothing more than a boring Pepper Potts/Jane Foster type girlfriend who stands around looking worried while her man is fighting.

Except Monica is way above Pepper and Jane and far from a damsel. This is the woman T'Challa wanted to marry before the Dora Milage via Priest came into play nearly 20 years ago

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"