Monsters: The Lyle and Erik Menendez Story | Netflix/Ryan Murphy

Pennywise

Avenger
Reaction score
‘Monster: The Jeffrey Dahmer Story’ From Ryan Murphy & Ian Brennan Set At Netflix – Deadline

EXCLUSIVE: Monster: The Jeffrey Dahmer Story,a limited series co-created by longtime collaborators Ryan Murphy and Ian Brennan, has been greenlighted by Netflix, with Richard Jenkinsco-starring, Carl Franklin (Mindhunter, The Leftovers) directing and Janet Mock (Pose, Hollywood) writing and directing. Production is slated to begin in January.

The order comes on the heels of the strong launch of Murphy’s Netflix series Ratched, which has ranked No. 1 on the streamer in multiple territories around the world.

Monster chronicles the story of one of America’s most notorious serial killers, largely told from the point of view of Dahmer’s victims, and dives deeply into the police incompetence and apathy that allowed the Wisconsin native to go on a multiyear killing spree. The series dramatizes at least 10 instances where Dahmer was almost apprehended but ultimately let go. The series also is expected to touch on white privilege, as Dahmer, a clean-cut, good-looking white guy, was repeatedly given a free pass by cops as well as by judges who were lenient when he had been charged with petty crimes.

Oscar nominee and Emmy winner Jenkins (The Shape Of Water) will play Dahmer’s father Lionel, a chemist, who showed him how to safely bleach and preserve animal bones when he was a child, a technique Jeffrey later gave a sinister twist with his victims. Unlike Murphy’s The Assassination of Gianni Versace, in which he had only one choice for the role of murderer Andrew Cunanan (Darren Criss), Murphy and the rest of the producers are casting a wide net to cast Dahmer, with a nationwide search underway for an actor to play the role. The producers also are meeting actresses for the lead female role of Glenda Cleveland, a neighbor of Dahmer’s who repeatedly tried to warn law enforcement of his erratic behavior, to no avail.

Franklin will direct the pilot episode. Mock will direct and write several episodes. The two executive produce with Murphy and Brennan.

Rounding out the writers room with Brennan and Mock will be David McMillan, who will serve as supervising producer for the 10-episode limited series that spans the 1960s, ’70s and ’80s and ends with Dahmer’s arrest in the early ’90s.

Last edited:
4bs8re.png

I'm ready. :D They had me at Evan Peters.

American Crime Story got a makeover. :o

Peters gave me chills just watching that trailer!

I love Evan but I lol'ed at the first post saying a wide net was being cast for Dahmer and then bang! It's Murphy alumini Evan Peters. :D

It’s weird how Netflix only revealed a trailer/release date only five days before it’s released.

That title has new Pennyworth vibes. :o

I haven’t watched a Ryan Murphy series in a while, but this one has me interested

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"