The Dark Knight More from Ledger

The Villain86 over at the BOF boards found another small bit from Ledger. It should put to rest the worries about the mask comments.

Ledger is also slated to co-star in "The Dark Knight," the upcoming sequel to "Batman Returns," as the Joker, a character played by Jack Nicholson in the 1989 film "Batman." "I love wearing masks. I like falling behind and into a character and I know this will be a beautiful mask to wear," Ledger said.

"And obviously we’re not going to head down the same path that Jack Nicholson took. We’re going to make it more sinister. Its very new to me right now and I’ve got a lot of thinking to do about it. It’s going to require a lot of energy and preparation. But I feel like it’s going to be a lot of fun. I’ve never been a fan of comic book movies. But I saw (‘Batman Returns,’ directed by Christopher Nolan) and I thought it was good. He’s a good director." Christian Bale who plays Batman is awesome. And for some reason Joker is the one character that has intrigued me. I feel like there’s a joker within us all."

He found it here: www.jsonline.com/blog/?id=109

Is it so hard to get the title of the film right...

Seeing as that bit about Returns was in parentheses, that was likely the author of the article said that, not Ledger. Just wanted to head off the almost inevitable complaints that Ledger doesn't know the name of Nolan's movie.

Yeah, Ledger knows the name of the movie (I hope, LOL.) but see, see? no mask in TDK.....I feel great, I feel like The Joker inside of me is resurfacing....

I hope we get more info from Ledger soon. I'm very interested in what he has in mind for The Joker's portrayal. Will he read any comics? I hope he does.

Im curious of his accent too. Bale was so convincing as an American.

If that was just promoting of TDK (not Ledger's personal opinion), then he would also say that he likes comic books.

But he didn't say this. Hew was honest.

He said he hates superhero movies (and as I think because of their usual predictable script), but he liked BB just like every another comic book fan.

And he liked it, because of unusual look (not only vissual style). It wasn't another superhero movie. It was more like something new.

Boom said:
The Villain86 over at the BOF boards found another small bit from Ledger. It should put to rest the worries about the mask comments.
Ledger is also slated to co-star in "The Dark Knight," the upcoming sequel to "Batman Returns," as the Joker, a character played by Jack Nicholson in the 1989 film "Batman." "I love wearing masks. I like falling behind and into a character and I know this will be a beautiful mask to wear," Ledger said.

He found it here: www.jsonline.com/blog/?id=109
Thank you god...

It was the author that said "Batman Returns" . . . what a fkn IDIOT!!! What makes it all the worse is that the moron who wrote this, and this publication is that of MY hometown :( Gottam am I ashamed . . . .

^^man . . . are you serious? that was the most blatant statement to evidence that the Joker will NOT wear a mask . . . .

DV8 said:
^^man . . . are you serious? that was the most blatant statement to evidence that the Joker will NOT wear a mask . . . .

Oh, sorry, sorry me. I've just read the whole article and now I can understand what he is trying to say.

No worries :D :up:

Every word I hear from Ledger gets me more and more excited for his performance.

Cinemaman said:
Oh, sorry, sorry me. I've just read the whole article and now I can understand what he is trying to say.

No worries :D :up:

heh . . . glad we could clear that up . . . .

btw; I sent an email to Duane Dumdick . . . the shythead who mistook Batman Returns for the only REAL Batman movie to date . . . .

Mask in acting means make-up too. I mean, a make-up complex enough that changes your face.

DV8 said:
It was the author that said "Batman Returns" . . . what a fkn IDIOT!!! What makes it all the worse is that the moron who wrote this, and this publication is that of MY hometown :( Gottam am I ashamed . . . .
Thats' nothing. A local TV program which previews and reviews movies when Begins was released said one of the stars was Michael Keaton ...
That's just plain sloppy writing.

Still doesn't compare to the usual synopsis Star Wars gets in romanian magazines:
"The story of Luke Skywalker, a farm boy living on a farm in America who discovers a great conspiracy surounding his uncle's robot"

:rolleyes:

I s*it you not.

El Payaso said:
Mask in acting means make-up too. I mean, a make-up complex enough that changes your face.

i dont think he is talking about the make up:o didnt you see the mask? People wear masks and stuff. Wearing "masks" is more or less what acting is all about. in this case more i think.

I don't know. He (Ledger) is giving me the "Oscar Nominee" snobbishness vibe.

I hope he's not going into this thinking he's above the material. That would be a mistake.

And I do think he means "mask" in a literal sense. As in he will be wearing some sort of mask.

I still say they should have gotten someone who actually loves the characters and is a fan - like Brody.

I bet he (Ledger) will suck.

Hopefully this latest tidpit will put a stop to those "will he wear a mask" posts. He has definatley made it clear he's just using a metaphor.

I hope he's not going into this thinking he's above the material. That would be a mistake.

What would give you that idea? If he thought he was above the material, then why would he even be doing it? So what if he doesn't like most comic book movies, maybe he just has different taste in films than you? What matters is that he liked Begins, and likes the character of the Joker. Also, if he was so high and mighty, would he have done Brothers Grimm?

Katsuro said:
Hopefully this latest tidpit will put a stop to those "will he wear a mask" posts. He has definatley made it clear he's just using a metaphor.

What would give you that idea? If he thought he was above the material, then why would he even be doing it? So what if he doesn't like most comic book movies, maybe he just has different taste in films than you? What matters is that he liked Begins, and likes the character of the Joker. Also, if he was so high and mighty, would he have done Brothers Grimm?

It definately looks to me like one oscar nomination has made him think he's some kind of bigshot, like someone already said he's leaning pretty hard on this "mask" metaphor, so maybe he thinks by saying that (in every single interview for some reason) he'll seem more like a serious actor, sounds pretty hokey to me

kenellard said:
It definately looks to me like one oscar nomination has made him think he's some kind of bigshot, like someone already said he's leaning pretty hard on this "mask" metaphor, so maybe he thinks by saying that (in every single interview for some reason) he'll seem more like a serious actor, sounds pretty hokey to me

If you watch his other movies like Candy, then you will change your mind.

But again, The Brokeback Mountain shows at this moment his best perfomances.

Who said Joker will be very serious? Nolan has already told us that he was going with darker, more sinister and frightning Joker. But he didn't say anything about serious Joker.

And if you read new Ledger's interview, you will realize that his "mask" has only figurative meaning.

Cinemaman said:
If you watch his other movies like Candy, then you will change your mind.

But again, The Brokeback Mountain shows at this moment his best perfomances.

Who said Joker will be very serious? Nolan has already told us that he was going with darker, more sinister and frightning Joker. But he didn't say anything about serious Joker.

And if you read new Ledger's interview, you will realize that his "mask" has only figurative meaning.

I've never seen him be anything more than a sevicable actor, he's not terrible, but he hasn't done anything truly impressive just yet.

also, I didn't say anything about the joker, I also said the mask thing was a metaphor, read posts properly dude.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"