The Official Daily Panet/ Location Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bizbaz20

Civilian
Reaction score
Okay this isn't the most important topic but this is where you can discuss the locations in the Superman reboot and especially the Daily Planet.

What should the Daily Planet globe look like? Normally the globe is seen as spinning although sometimes it's not. Here are some variations.

1249.jpg

DailyPlanetExt.png

Smallville

Daily-planet-globe.jpg

Superman Returns.

Which raises a good point, do you want a more high tech looking Daily Planet like we've seen in Superman: The Animated Series or an old-time classic planet. To me I thought the way the Daily Planet was done in SR really worked.

When they cut to the globe you get a feeling of it's age as you hear it creak and groan as it's turns which adds to authenticity.

Whereas with Smallville it's a more high tech globe that spins quickly and looks to be made out of shiny steel.

Should we have a huge exterior like we did in SR, I really like the look of this grand outisde, we don't normally get this.

daily-planet-stairs.jpg

I liked the look of the Daily Planet in Superman Returns what about you?

dailyplanet.jpg

Plus where should the scenes in Metropolis be shot? I believe they were shot in New York in the Superman films, and in Chicago in Lois and Clark and they use sets in Vancover for Smallville, which I don't think they should do.

It looks more authentic if they use a real city to shoot in.

Plus should they use the Kent farm, Lexcorp and the Fortress of Solitude and what should they all look like? Be upgraded to look modern or have a classic old-time feel?

Last edited:
Have Metropolis be in New York, Toronto and Chicago. The Kent farm should be in Kansas, to make it realistic, and I like the Smallville building the best.

I say that they should combine STAS Daily Planet with SR's but try to modernize it a lot more.

I like retro stuff, but I think this Superman film should be contemporary

Metropolis should be the City of Tomorrow, but the Daily Planet and a few other buildings should remain the old design. Combining multiple eras helps to create the illusion of timelessness. Also, the Daily Planet is an institution that has been around forever and the building should reflect this. Have all the modern tech you want inside, but the building should definitely be art deco.
Also, this gives you the nice contrast of the classic Planet building against the ultra-modern Lexcorp Tower.

Yeah I think it should look retro and art deco inside but still retain the classiness and timelessness but I think outside it should look old and classic since it was built in the 1700's y'know.

Lexcorp should look super modernized however.

The only opinion I have on the Daily Planet building is that it shouldn't be the tallest building in Metropolis, as it is sometimes depicted.

The only opinion I have on the Daily Planet building is that it shouldn't be the tallest building in Metropolis, as it is sometimes depicted.
i agree with this. i think the Chrysler Building is a good example/basis for the Daily Planet. even though it's surrounded by other tall buildings it's still distinguishable not only because of it's design but because (i believe) it's the 2nd tallest building in NYC.

Last edited:

LexCorp should be the tallest building :cwink:

if it is contemporary, since print media is struggling, so should the planet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"