Lackey

Avenger
Reaction score
Has anyone seen Morg around lately? Is he okay? :csad:

Hearing Impaired Man Tased by Police

Posted: Dec 3, 2007 08:35 PM MST

Updated: Dec 4, 2007 08:16 AM MST

by Michael Schwanke

Donnell Williams had just gotten out of the bath tub, wearing only a towel around his waist, when he turned the corner to see guns pointing right at him.

"I ain't never been so scared," says Williams.

Police forced entry into Williams home while responding to a shooting, but it turned out to be a false call. They had no idea at the time the call wasn't real and that Williams is hearing impaired. Without his hearing aid he is basically deaf.

"I kept going to my ear yelling that I was scared. I can't hear! I can't hear!"

Officers were worried about their own safety because at the time it appeared Williams was refusing to obey their commands to show his hands. That's when they shot him with a Taser.

Deputy Chief Robert Lee of the Wichita Police Department says, "This one occurred on the worst of calls, that being a shooting. The first few minutes getting control of the scene are very, very important."

Once the facts were all sorted out, officers repeatedly apologized to Williams. Police wish it never happened, but with the information they had at the time, their choices were limited.

"Do I wish there would have been some way they were notified in advance this gentleman was hearing impaired? I certainly do. No one is happy with the way it worked out," says Lee.

Williams was not hurt in the incident. Police say the shooting call came from a cell phone but they still don't know who made it or why.

The case is being reviewed by the department.

http://www.kwch.com/Global/story.asp?s=7446220

Someone's gonna get banned for this. Morg has to vent somehow. :csad:

At least they didn't tase him while he was standing IN the bathtub. :o

The cop was probably a newbie who was ticked that Morg closed his thread.

seriously, though, what's up with all this taser abuse going on? Everyday there's a new story about some officer going nuts and tasering somebody that didn't deserve it. Police brutality. It ****ing pisses me off. **** da police.

Pregnant women with small child gets tasered

[YT]w0wVC3HQNCY[/YT]

does the above news item ACTUALLY refer to morg? if not he is going to be p.o.ed at this thread

how can the cops claim that their choices were limited when the man was clearly unarmed?

Pregnant women with small child gets tasered

That was really disturbing to watch. They can tase Morg all they want, but tazing pregnant women who really aren't even resisting arrest? That's f**ked up. Especially since that PD's policy ALLOWS officers to taze pregnant women. This is definitely an example of police brutality to me. Yes, she was slow to comply but she wasn't threatening them or acting out of line or trying to get away from them. There was no reason to use force like that.

jag

The police are getting out of control..seems that since they aren't using a gun that they can tase whenever and whoever they want...I can see some law suits coming from these 2 stories.

if it was Morg, I do feel bad, but karma has a funny way of balancing things out

does the above news item ACTUALLY refer to morg? if not he is going to be p.o.ed at this thread

why should I be? My name not Donnell and I don't live in Kansas :oldrazz:

i wasn't sure if the rferense to you were a gag or not i'm glad yoursafe now maybe we can close this thread

The police are getting out of control..seems that since they aren't using a gun that they can tase whenever and whoever they want...I can see some law suits coming from these 2 stories.

I really wish some lawsuits start happening because of this stuff. I haven't heard of any lawsuits yet.

Here's another, tased in 45 seconds

I really wish some lawsuits start happening because of this stuff. I haven't heard of any lawsuits yet.

Here's another, tased in 45 seconds

Wow. That was messed up. The cop told him to get his license and registration. The guy asked why he was stopped. The cop went ballistic on him and told him to give him his license and registration. The driver said he would get it and the cop told him "NO!" and then basically dragged him out of the vehicle, slammed the car door on him and then tazed him. WTF? I hope that officer got reamed good and hard in court over that one.

jag

Getting tasered isn't all that bad. I've been tasered twice.:o

Police forced entry into Williams home while responding to a shooting, but it turned out to be a false call. They had no idea at the time the call wasn't real and that Williams is hearing impaired. Without his hearing aid he is basically deaf.

"I kept going to my ear yelling that I was scared. I can't hear! I can't hear!"

chappelle-4.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"