Morrison's Multiversity

Watchman

Adios, Cowboy
Reaction score
Got this off Newsarama,

The new Wizard (in shops Wednesday) has an interview with Grant Morrison and he reveals that his Multiverse project is called Multiversity

It is a seven issue series (more like seven one-shots, since all the issues will be #1) that will showcase the major superhero group of 7 Earths. Each issue will focus on 1 group and also have a series "bible", that provides the back story to that particular Earth. The issues will tie together to tell a single story "that reimagines the relationship between the DCU and the Multiverse"

He talked about the Charlton Universe specifically saying that he is writing it as if Alan Moore and Dave Gibbons had pitched Watchmen today, using the contemporary political climate but with the actual Charlton characters.

He also hinted at a "Marvel Family" from Earth 5 issue intended as an all-ages book.

He said that he wants this to be his best story ever so he is going to take all the time he needs to write the seven issues.

Sounds great. I hope he covers the pulp heroes earth and the "Halloween" earth.

Not too interested in the Multiverse, to be honest, but this sounds fun.

Wow. This sounds.... hmm. What's the relationship between Moore and Morrison? Can grant really pitch his own Watchmen without alienation Moore even more?

DC owns Watchmen, I believe, so anyone at DC could do anything with Watchmen that they wanted. Besides, the issue Morrison describes sounds more like an homage than anything else.

Stuff I want to see,

docfate.jpg

superdemon.jpg

I'm guessing we'll also see the Kirbyverse along with the Charlton and Captain Marvel universes.

http://robot6.comicbookresources.com/2009/04/morrison-shares-details-on-the-multiversity/
Morrison shares details on The Multiversity
Posted on April 30, 2009 - 12:32 PM by JK Parkin

The latest issue of Wizard Magazine has an interview with Grant Morrison, where the Final Crisis writer discusses his next project for DC, tentatively titled The Multiversity. Kirk Warren at The Weekly Crisis read Wizard (so you don’t have to!) and shares some of the details on the project, as well as a great image that references a bad Michael Keaton movie.

Morrison says, “I’m working on books for seven different parallel universes. Each one is a first issue with a complete story and series bible. Each one spotlights the major superhero group of a different alternate reality. And they all link together together as a seven-issue story that reimagines the relationship between the DCU and the Multiverse.”

Two of the Earths that will be featured are Earth-5, home of the Captain Marvel Family, which Morrison envisions as “a line of books with the Marvel Family done in a more traditional, all-ages, All-Star Superman style,” and Earth-4, home of the “original Watchmen,” the Charlton Comics characters who inspired Alan Moore and Dave Gibbons’ masterpiece. Morrison says he wants to “do the Charlton characters in a story I’d construct as an update on that ludic Watchmen style - if Alan Moore and Dave Gibbons had pitched the Watchmen now, rooted in a contemporary political landscape but with the actual Charlton characters instead of analogues!”

Lots more at the link, and I daresay if there’s any issue of Wizard Magazine you don’t want to miss, it would be the latest one. And I have to agree with Kirk; attach Frank Quitely to that All-Star Captain Marvel book, stat!
I know how some of you feel about ol' Grant these days, but I'm intrigued.

I'm also in.. when is this going to be released ?

A Grant Morrison project, and everyone's excited about it? April Fool's was a month ago, I thought.

It was good enough for you to rush here and create an account :D

[A];16864023 said:
It was good enough for you to rush here and create an account :D
You misunderstand me. I think Grant Morrison is the best writer in the history of superhero comics, maybe in comics, period. I'm just unaccustomed to a lot of people being excited about a project of his. They all buy him, but they act like they hate him.

Final Crisis is the only thing I'm aware of a lot of people buying and hating from Morrison.

Final Crisis is the only thing I'm aware of a lot of people buying and hating from Morrison.
Well I don't know. Clearly, the man sells a lot of books, but every time he announces a project, and every time he does a project, people are tripping over themselves to denounce him for his "Silver Age fetish" or his writing being too hard to read, or any number of other ******ed ****-concepts.

Oh, right, RIP. I didn't read that because it didn't seem interesting to me. I'm gonna get the trade of Final Crisis and see how I like that. But I've liked most of the other stuff I've read from Morrison.

New X-Men? Critically acclaimed. #1 chart-topper for months upon months. And frakzillions of people -- I'd say around 50% of the fanbase, easy -- hated it. Hell, off the top of my head I can't really think of anyone other than myself who really loved it.

New X-Men? Critically acclaimed. #1 chart-topper for months upon months. And frakzillions of people -- I'd say around 50% of the fanbase, easy -- hated it. Hell, off the top of my head I can't really think of anyone other than myself who really loved it.
Sure you can. You can think of me.

I liked it. There were elements I didn't like, like the Weapon Plus stuff, but that was more because I was already tired of seeing Wolverine's backstory rehashed with a few tweaks by that point. Oh, and virtually everything involving Jean and the Phoenix Force because, frankly, I'm tired of seeing that retconned to hell, too. The rest of it was cool.

I think it's one of Morrison's best, and probably the best X-Men run period. Only things I didn't like were Quitely's art and Morrison's characterization of Scott ("But Jean, they were just thoughts!" was so awful a line, it made me embarrassed to be a man).

Scott's had so much bad characterization over the years that that basically is his proper characterization at this point. :csad:

But...they were just thoughts...If thinking about having sex with another woman makes you unfaithful, then dammit, I don't want to be faithful.

I've never read his New X-Men, and I'm a big Morrison fanboy.

I'll have to give it a go.

Scott's had so much bad characterization over the years that that basically is his proper characterization at this point. :csad:

Cyclops becoming an actual character for once is a bad thing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"