Mortal Kombat X

I only blame myself for still getting hyped over boons tweets, I told myself I wouldnt anymore, then he got me again! he is the ultimate troll

Well that's big news if you are part of the e-sports community. I wish I had the ability to win a 500k pool MK tourney.

Mortal Kombat XL’s New Fighters Bring Back the Mortal Kombat I Love. April 2, 2016 . 2:00pm

Mortal Kombat XL’s 4 new fighters are notable not only in that they add a whole bunch of new movesets to the game’s set of fighting styles, but also because they bring back some of the endearing ridiculousness I love about Mortal Kombat.
22 Thoughts Read >

For almost as long as I’ve loved playing video games, I’ve loved Mortal Kombat. But the reasons I love Mortal Kombat never really had much to do with how the games played. So while it made a lot of headway in becoming a fighting game I legitimately enjoyed playing, I couldn’t help but be a little disappointed by Mortal Kombat X. Despite a fairly lengthy movie-like story mode with a lot of new characters and dialogue, I found the mode lacking in what I really enjoyed: the goofy lore and creativity. Gone were the days of Kamidogu and Mokaps, instead there was a bunch of weirdly realistic and kinda boring character designs, military stuff, and every character had something witty to say to everyone else. It felt like Mortal Kombat was getting real writers and starting to take itself seriously, and that’s just no good.

Mortal Kombat XL‘s 4 new fighters are notable not only in that they add a whole bunch of new movesets to the game’s set of fighting styles, but also because they bring back some of the endearing ridiculousness I love about Mortal Kombat. Like the last Kombat Pack, there’s a mix of 2 guest fighters and 2 returning veterans from previous games. Unlike the last Kombat Pack’s characters, all of these characters are distinctly drenched in the Mortal Kombat world and feel like they have some purpose in being there.

Anyone familiar with guest and DLC characters knows how it usually is: there might be some thrown together backstory about a character magically transporting into the game world and the story ends there, or there might not be an explanation at all. XL’s new characters go the extra mile by integrating their stories directly into how they play and how they fit into the universe.

Take the Alien, for example. At a glance, it’s the classic movie monster that people love and Predators hate. Actually playing the Alien, however, reveals the full story. I quickly noticed that in a lot his moves, this particular Xenomorph has blades extending out of its hands. It turns out, this incarnation of the Alien grew out of a Tarkatan’s (Baraka’s race, for the uninitiated) belly, and so it has adapted both the traits of a classic movie Alien as well as classic Mortal Kombat character.

Alien ends up being a character all about pleasing both fans of the Alien and fans of Mortal Kombat in an extremely interesting blend. Two of its variations focus on classic movie aspects of the creature like acid spitting or summoning face huggers, and those are definitely cool. The real highlight for me was the Tarkatan style, though, which emphasizes the Baraka blades and gives you some of Baraka’s old special moves. While having a wholly unique playstyle, Alien still gives a taste of what it could have been like to play Baraka in Mortal Kombat X.

Speaking of playing classic characters, there’s Triborg. Triborg follows a story thread laid out in the story mode, in which Sub-Zero apparently took out the entire population of cyborg Lin-Kuei by himself. That was by far the coolest bit of lore in the entirety of Mortal Kombat X, but it wasn’t touched upon at all beyond a passing mention. Thanfully, Triborg is the living embodiment of that story, being an AI conglomerate of the backed up cybernetic Lin-Kuei out for revenge against all organic life.

This character is pure fan-service, from looks to backstory to reactions from other characters. I couldn’t help but geek out that in his ending, the Triborg starts the Tekunin, a clan of cyborg ninjas and also the same clan that Sektor starts in his ending of Mortal Kombat: Tournament Edition on Gameboy Advance. I’m not sure how or why I would remember that, but this is the kind of thing that excites me.

But of course the real fan service is Triborg’s wide variety of variations. Despite being called Triborg, he’s actually a Quadborg and houses the playstyles of Smoke, Sektor, Cyrax, and Cyber Sub-Zero. Variations are the defining trait of Mortal Kombat X, and the goal was to make the character feel completely different to suit multiple playstyles. I think Triborg accomplishes this better than just about every other character, so no matter which cyborg you want to play as, Triborg feels like a perfect balance of the old and new styles of Mortal Kombat.

Leatherhead is the closest to a “went into a magic portal and now he’s in Mortal Kombat” kind of character. In fact, that’s literally his backstory in the game. But the way he’s implemented in XL is very interesting. I’ve never seen any of the sequels or remakes of Texas Chainsaw Massacre, but in the original movie one of the things that always stood out to me is that very little of the gore is actually shown to you. Mortal Kombat has no such restraints, and so actually getting to the chainsaw connect in all kinds of painful ways makes the character feels different enough that he does in fact belong in this universe.

Perhaps another point attributed to being in Mortal Kombat, Leatherface gets very creative with his chainsaw. Creative enough to fill three variations, in fact. One of his variations makes Leatherface into a bit of zoning character, chucking chainsaws at his opponents, which doesn’t seem that practical but that’s why I like it. Interestingly, his Killer variation turns him into a stance character which makes him great for mixing up the opponent. He does bring in a mallet for one the variations, but no matter what style you pick there’s plenty of chainsaw to go around. All in all, Leatherface is a lot craftier and more creative then you’d think a guy with a chainsaw would be.

And then there’s Bo Rai Cho. Bo Rai Cho farts and burps and basically embodies the most silly and juvenile parts of the series . . . and he’s exactly what I think Mortal Kombat X needed. While his current design definitely feels like they tried to make him more serious, everything he does just looks ridiculous. He drinks alcohol, he farts gas clouds, and lights said gas clouds on fire in order to cause explosions. He’s a character that’s impossible to take seriously in nearly any context. If he wasn’t supposedly the teacher of some of Mortal Kombat’s most important characters, he would be a full on joke character.

Bo Rai Cho’s variations take full advantage of his concept. For the most part he feels like a character based on set ups. One variation revolves around getting knock downs so that Bo Rai Cho can drink some booze and buff himself up, while another revolves using fire to make deadly fart gas traps. There’s even a fun nod to the PS2-era games’ weapon system, with Bo Rai Cho having an entire variation dedicated to his staff. Bo Rai Cho feels like a perfect mix of goofy and fan-service, and I’m glad he came back, if only to balance out how straight-faced some of the other characters come across.

What I really appreciate about XL’s new characters are all the dorky details. Not only do they add a lot of interesting styles of play, but they bring back some of the tone and details that make love the series. I’m not sure exactly what direction Mortal Kombat will be going in the future, but the new XL characters give me some hope that things will stay wacky no matter how

Read more stories about PlayStation 4 & Xbox One & Mortal Kombat X on Siliconera.
source:Siliconera

hqdefault.jpg

Mortal Kombat 11 Leaked? - The Rundown - Electric Playground

4.4K views 4 days ago Published on 11/21/2018
#MortalKombat #HarleyQuinn #PlayForever Today in the Rundown, we have the first rumours about the next Mortal Kombat game! We also discuss the lengthy new title for
DC's Birds of Prey movie, take a look at the next update for No Man's Sky, talk about the growing library of Switch games and why this might be a bad thing, and finally, have another, more game appropriate look at the big screen Monster Hunter movie!

Confimiming the video above

11/15/2018
MORTAL KOMBAT XI Is In The Works, According To A Mexican Voice Actor
The official reveal of Mortal Kombat XI might be upon us, as Spanish dubbing artist Lalo Garza, who also voiced Kung Lao and Reptile, has announced that he won't reprise the roles in the eleventh entry...Read more

source: The Electric Playground Network | EPN & GameFragger.com: Video Game News, Reviews, Trailers and more!

2 days ago
MORTAL KOMBAT's NetherRealm Studios Are Working On A First-Person Game, According To This Job Listing
A new job listing seems to reveal that, Mortal Kombat and Injustice developer, NetherRealm Studios are working on a first-person action game. Hit the jump to find out more...Read more

Also with

2 days ago
RUMOR: MORTAL KOMBAT XI To Be Revealed During The Game Awards On Dec. 6t
A supposed QA tester has revealed that The Game Awards 2018 will see the official unveiling of Mortal Kombat XI, as well as a ton of info about the game itself. Check it out...Read more

source: GameFragger.com: Video Game News, Reviews, Trailers and more!

They better! That's the reason I'll be watching the Game Awards.

I'm so ready to see where they are taking the characters next.

This may be an unpopular opinion, but I'd like for them to bring back more post Trilogy characters rather than nearly the whole roster being characters from MK1-UMK3. I'm not one of those to buy or not buy a game for 1 or 2 characters, but when most of the post Trilogy characters keep getting shafted in favor for the same Trilogy characters, it gets boring and stale. The initial roster for MKX just ended up being MK9 + 8 new characters & Shinnok. The only post Trilogy characters added that weren't in MK9 were Bo Rai Cho and Tanya. Personally instead of always relying on nostalgia, I think NRS should include more characters that debuted in MK4-MKD and see which ones can be improved upon. Kenshi, Tanya and Shinnok have shown what success a redesign and solid moveset can do for a post trilogy character.

I'm not saying get rid of MK1-MK3 characters completely. Obviously characters like Scorpion, Sub-Zero, and Raiden are staples. Just make the roster more than basically a rehash of the previous games' roster and have more variety in it.

So I'm not sure if this should get thread of it's own but I do remember reporting some time ago that tthe next MKwas gonna be onthe switch and it's been confirmed now

PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC, Switch
Mortal Kombat 11 announced for PS4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC
Published 2 days ago. 76 comments.

Global launch on April 23, 2019.
MK11-Announce_12-06-18.jpg

Publisher Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and developer NetherRealm Studios announced Mortal Kombat 11 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC at The Game Awards 2018. It will launch worldwide on April 23, 2019. A community reveal event will be held on January 17, 2019. Pre-orders will include Shao Kahn as a playable character and beta access.

Here is an overview of the game, via Warner Bros.:

Mortal Kombat 11 is developed by award-winning NetherRealm Studios and is scheduled for release beginning April 23, 2019 for PlayStation 4 computer entertainment system, PlayStation 4 Pro computer entertainment system, the Xbox One family of devices including the Xbox One X, Nintendo Switch system, and PC.

The song by 21 Savage featured in the trailer is titled “Immortal” and overlays scenes of an epic battle between two iconic characters, Dark Raiden and Scorpion, with a tease of a new character who is at the center of Mortal Kombat 11’s story.

Mortal Kombat 11 will make its first gameplay debut at Mortal Kombat 11: The Reveal, a highly experiential, community celebration of Mortal Kombat, taking place at 11:00 a.m. PST on Jan. 17, 2019 in Los Angeles and 7:00 p.m. UTC in London. Mortal Kombat 11: The Reveal will be live streamed globally on Twitch and will feature a keynote presented by NetherRealm Studios. The event will also include the first opportunity for hands-on with Mortal Kombat 11 gameplay, tournaments and other Mortal Kombat themed activities.

Mortal Kombat 11 deepens and personalizes the experience unlike ever before with an all new Custom Character Variation System that gives players the creative control of building customized versions of the character roster. In addition, the game will introduce a new cinematic story that continues the epic saga that is more than 25 years in the making.

“By giving players more creative control, Mortal Kombat 11 is a testament to why this iconic franchise is so strong and increasingly relevant after more than 25 years,” said David Haddad, President, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. “This game showcases NetherRealm Studios’ extensive talent to innovate and create epic experiences for the Mortal Kombat fans and new players alike.”

“It’s exciting to finally announce Mortal Kombat 11 and showcase what the team has been working on,” said Ed Boon, Creative Director, NetherRealm Studios. “Our Custom Character Variation System opens up an infinite amount of options for players to personalize their favorite fighters. We can’t wait until January when we’ll be showing more of the game.”

Available for pre-order beginning Deember. 7 is the Mortal Kombat 11standard edition for $59.99 SRP. The Mortal Kombat 11 Premium Edition is also available for pre-order at $99.99 which includes the base game and the Kombat Pack. All pre-orders will receive the in-game, playable character, Shao Kahn. Those who pre-order on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, at select retailers, will also receive access to the beta, which will be available in March for those platforms.

Watch the announcement trailer below.

View the first screenshots at the gallery.

visit gallery »

source: Gematsu - Japanese Video Game News

Last edited:
Well, since we unfortunately can't post the video due to violence, go and look up Arcomade on Youtube. He removed the entire Music track from the Trailer. The fight is so intense, that even without Music it's a delight to watch. And of course other people use the video to use their own favorite music choices. Which are all great,

I'd like if this game was a sort of conclusion to the whole story that started with MK1. No more time travels alternating reality after everything is done or anything like that. A proper conclusion. The final kombat to decide it all.

Then they can bring different games based on the franchise, like a sequel to Shaolin Monks or a game similar to that, following the events of the current trilogy from another point of view like SM did with MK1 and 2.

If they want to go back to a fighter someday without changing the end of the story once again, they could do Mortal Kombat 0. There's enough material in the lore to make an interesting prequel and they'll have a chance to make tons of original characters.

PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC, Switch
Mortal Kombat 11 has customizable variants, eSports-focused multiplayer mode, and more
Published 2 days ago. 59 comments.
Plus a first look at pre-order bonus character Shao Kahn.

The Mortal Kombat 11 product page on GameStop Italy has provided a few new details about the recently announced fighting game, as well as a first look at pre-order bonus character Shao Kahn (pictured).

Here are the details:

Description

Mortal Kombat is back and better than ever in this new and fantastic evolution of the iconic title. Now you can customize the variants of your fighters down to the smallest detail, gaining unprecedented control over the aesthetics of the characters. The new graphics engine meticulously renders every crushed skull and torn heart, completely immersing the player in the action of the bloodiest scenes. In addition, the new list of fighters includes previously unseen characters, the Klassics of the series, and the protagonists of the amazing movies in the Story Mode of the epic saga that has continued for more than 25 years.

• A new game engine with even bloodier scenes.
  • A new personalization system with clothes, accessories, and move sets never before seen.
  • New Fatalities and a new GoreTech system make the performances even more brutal.
  • Strong multiplayer component, entirely oriented towards eSports, including personalization systems, daily news, constantly updated rewards, and improved matchmaking
Limited Edition Contents

• Steel case
  • Kombat Pass: Six characters and six “Battlepass” (Editor’s Note: We’re not sure what this is).
Mortal Kombat 11 is due out for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC on April 23, 2019.

Thanks, Test Your Might and ResetEra.

source: Gematsu - Japanese Video Game News

I know there's practically zero chance of it happening, but when we consider Neatherealm are behind both the MK and Injustice games, if one (or two?) DC characters were to be added into MK11 to utilize x-rays and fatalities, which two characters would everyone here like to see? What kinda' bloody chaos could you envious seeing?

Well, since we unfortunately can't post the video due to violence, go and look up Arcomade on Youtube. He removed the entire Music track from the Trailer. The fight is so intense, that even without Music it's a delight to watch. And of course other people use the video to use their own favorite music choices. Which are all great,
Earlier today I watched the MK11 trailer with the original MK music with it. Was so much better.

I'm pretty sure Ed Boon debunked Spawn appearing in his game a couple of weeks ago. I'm a bit hazy on the time of the tweet, but the debunk is one of his tweets.

Anyway, I finally finished with Tremor, and I find it funny that a part of a product Ed Boon would rather forgot happened made it as dlc in one of their more recent releases. Brutalities are really fun to perform with him.

Well, I hope Spawn will finally make an appearance. The fan demand is high, and MacFarlane gave his ok. So there's really nothing in the way of Spawn being able to join the MK11 roster. Unless Boon personally just doesn't want the character in the game.

Spawn is the only guest character I actually want to see. I got my Alien and Predator fix with X so Spawn is the only one left, for me.

Anyway, I finally finished with Tremor, and I find it funny that a part of a product Ed Boon would rather forgot happened made it as dlc in one of their more recent releases. Brutalities are really fun to perform with him.
I asked for Tremor before X was even revealed and was delighted when he was finally announced. From the design to his powers, he was better than I thought he'd be.
He became one of my favorites in this game. He was also in the comic prelude so he is canon, even though he didn't show up for the main story in the game.

He was also in Mortal Kombat 9 actually, but just for PS Vita and only in the Challenge Tower.

I asked for Tremor before X was even revealed and was delighted when he was finally announced. From the design to his powers, he was better than I thought he'd be.
He became one of my favorites in this game. He was also in the comic prelude so he is canon, even though he didn't show up for the main story in the game.

He was also in Mortal Kombat 9 actually, but just for PS Vita and only in the Challenge Tower.
I'm glad you got your wish cause he's fun to play as. And being a fan of Johnny Cage movies adds up to it.

I'm pretty sure Ed Boon debunked Spawn appearing in his game a couple of weeks ago. I'm a bit hazy on the time of the tweet, but the debunk is one of his tweets.
Well, I hope Spawn will finally make an appearance. The fan demand is high, and MacFarlane gave his ok.
Spawn is the only guest character I actually want to see.
I honestly can't see MK11 not having Spawn in it, despite what Boon may have said; pretty sure he's debunked DLC characters before that have later been added to the game.

Truth be told, they only typically add x4 guest characters per game, be that Injustice or Mortal Kombat, and they're going to run out of characters before long. We've had Freddy Kruger, Jason, Kratos, TMNT, an Alien, a Predator, Leatherface, Hellboy,

Who, besides Spawn, is left? Ash Williams (Evil Dead)? A Terminator? Blade (or a generic Vampire from other media)? Pennywise might be a good shout this time around actually... As mentioned above, I wouldn't mind a couple of DC characters from the Injustice games - especially seeing as Injustice 2 gave us Raiden and Sub Zero. Perhaps they could throw Batman and the Reverse Flash into MK11? Perhaps they could spice it up a bit and add in other properties? The Comedian, Rorschach or Dr Manhatten from the Watchmen comics? Maybe even Lucifer or Sandman from their comics?

In retrospect, turns out that actually, there are ample guest characters left to choose and include, though Spawn must be a contender; he's obviously much more suited to a MK game compared to an Injustice game.

So much better with the MK soundtrack

Last edited:
^ That's the best and most synched up version I saw of that trailer, so far.

I honestly can't see MK11 not having Spawn in it, despite what Boon may have said; pretty sure he's debunked DLC characters before that have later been added to the game.

Truth be told, they only typically add x4 guest characters per game, be that Injustice or Mortal Kombat, and they're going to run out of characters before long. We've had Freddy Kruger, Jason, Kratos, TMNT, an Alien, a Predator, Leatherface, Hellboy,

Who, besides Spawn, is left? Ash Williams (Evil Dead)? A Terminator? Blade (or a generic Vampire from other media)? Pennywise might be a good shout this time around actually... As mentioned above, I wouldn't mind a couple of DC characters from the Injustice games - especially seeing as Injustice 2 gave us Raiden and Sub Zero. Perhaps they could throw Batman and the Reverse Flash into MK11? Perhaps they could spice it up a bit and add in other properties? The Comedian, Rorschach or Dr Manhatten from the Watchmen comics? Maybe even Lucifer or Sandman from their comics?

In retrospect, turns out that actually, there are ample guest characters left to choose and include, though Spawn must be a contender; he's obviously much more suited to a MK game compared to an Injustice game.

I'd definitely want to see Ash. Also, with the TMNT added to Injustice 2, I'd love to see Shredder in Mortal Kombat.

teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-concept-art-shredder-01.jpg

I don't see any DC characters being guests. Because DC/WB doesn't want them being killed in a gory fashion. This is why MKvsDC had toned down fatalities. Plus the DC heroes had heroic brutalities which didn't kill their opponent.

As for guests I'd be interested in, I'd like maybe Judge Dredd, Buffy The Vampire Slayer, the Terminator perhaps(which would make sense since there's a new movie in the works). I'm not a huge Spawn fan and the main reason I'd like for him to be added is because maybe people will finally shut up about him(no offense to anyone here).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"