Most anticipated 2020 comic book film!

Agree that on paper that 2020 is currently looking to be one of the weaker years recently for comic book movies. And before anyone loses it that's not a knock on the movies just a showing of how strong previous yeas have been, just doesn't feel like the same big hitters of the last 2 or 3 years

2017: Logan, Ragnarok, GOTG 2 & Justice League (even though it was a let down the hype it had initially was massive)
2018: Infinity War, Black Panther, Aquaman
2019: Endgame, Captain Marvel, Shazam

Out of the current list though Wonder Woman 1984 is first choice for me in the most anticipated films of 2020. Trailing very far behind in second place would be Kingsman as I loved the first one and the second. And a very close third would be Venom 2.

Wonder Woman 84 easily. The others are far below that.

If we had something like an MCU Fantastic Four or X-Men film, those would be of interest. Or even if we had Shang Chi. But only WW stands out from that rather bland list.

Wonder Woman is the only one that list that remotely interests me.

I think it'll be better, but I don't think I'll enjoy it
I'm sure it'll be better, but I don't expect it to be infinitely better. I have zero interest as of now

Wonder Woman 1984 at the moment, though my interest in The Eternals is steadily increasing. I'm not even remotely interested in Birds of Prey, and I'm still on the fence about Black Widow.

Looks like a dull slate. Wonder Woman is easily number one. Then I guess Birds of Prey until we start getting reviews. Maybe Black Widow. Good reviews or bad reviews will definitely impact my interest next year. Not excited otherwise.

WW84 at the moment. I'm excited for Black Widow & The Eternals but mostly just to see what phase 4 Marvel looks like.

If you really accent and pronounce Morbius and Jared with heavy rolling R’s sounds then you will learn to anticipate thr Morbius property the most. Didn’t you see the latest set pics of Jared Hunka flying on a wire? So fresh and inventive! Wow his commitment!

Pretty weak lineup. WW84 is the only one that peaks my interest.

If GOTG Vol. 3 wasn't delayed by the fall and rise of James Gunn, that would have easily been my most anticipated. But as it is, I guess my most anticipated would be a toss up between Wonder Woman 1984 and Black Widow, which would be mild excitement. I'd also be lying if I said I wasn't curious to see what Woody does as Carnage in Venom 2.

But 2020 looks like the least interesting year for comic book movies in a decade (since 2010). On paper, at least.

But from Harley/Robbie, a very inexperienced director (this is her first feature), and the costume teaser that looked like it was continuing the Hot Topic: The Movie aestehtic that Suicide Squad had going on...no thank you to BoP at this moment
Its actually her second movie. Her first movie was a comedy-drama called ‘Dead Pigs’ which got some critical praise. Though this is definitely her first Hollywood blockbuster feature but we’ve seen directors jump from smaller indie projects to big tentpole stuff before. Patty Jenkins literally had only made one film(Monster) that was mid-budget before she was given hundreds of millions to do Wonder Woman and that wasn’t pretty successful and got a few butts in seats, didn’t it?

It’s always more intriguing to me that they hire more fresh talent who’s filmography or prior work doesn’t automatically scream to you, “they should be doing superhero movies!” but they turn out to be the right fit.

Last edited:
1) Bloodshot
Valiant_Character-Poster_web-ready.jpg

2) Kingsman prequel
3) Spawn
5) Venom 2
6) WW '84
7) Morbius
8) BoP
9) Black Widow
10) The Eternals

But 2020 looks like the least interesting year for comic book movies in a decade (since 2010). On paper, at least.
It's bound to be more interesting than 2015.

Whoa, wait a second....they're making a Bloodshot movie? I loved Bloodshot back in the day. I'll have to look into that.

As for that list, the only ones that interest me are WW84 and Black Widow, and of course, I'll look into Bloodshot.

Eternals excites me the most out of all the 2020 CBM movies. It looks like it could make for a really unique film with really imaginative and creative production designs. Marvel can pull off what they did with Guardians and make an obscure property into a unique, cool film. Plus, it might be the first MCU film to reference the formerly Fox-licensed Marvel characters. The Eternals are linked to the X-gene in the comics. So that immediately piques my interest more.

Its actually her second movie. Her first movie was a comedy-drama called ‘Dead Pigs’ which got some critical praise. Though this is definitely her first Hollywood blockbuster feature but we’ve seen directors jump from smaller indie projects to big tentpole stuff before. Patty Jenkins literally had only made one film(Monster) that was mid-budget before she was given hundreds of millions to do Wonder Woman and that wasn’t pretty successful and got a few butts in seats, didn’t it?

It’s always more intriguing to me that they hire more fresh talent who’s filmography or prior work doesn’t automatically scream to you, “they should be doing superhero movies!” but they turn out to be the right fit.
Ah I must've missed that one. I redact that point. But I still think the movie will be trash

I agree I'm not against new talent at all. I encourage it, but when I thought she hadn't done a feature film before I was worried. Making someone's first feature a major (even if it's not a $100 million blockbuster) action film is not a good idea. Especially an action film based on some beloved characters

I forgot about Venom 2, Obviously I will watch it but eh, it feels like a commitment as someone who watches every Marvel movie.

I have no idea what Bloodshot is.

Bloodshot is supposed to kickstart Sony's
I forgot about Venom 2, Obviously I will watch it but eh, it feels like a commitment as someone who watches every Marvel movie.

I have no idea what Bloodshot is.

Bloodshot is supposed to kickstart the Valiant cinematic universe by Sony. I only wish that it was Universal who was doing the films because then they would have been able to reintegrate the Golden Key characters (Turok, Solar, Magnus) back into the universe. Valiant hasn't felt whole since they lost those characters.

Edit: I voted for WW84

WW84 would be at the top of that list for me. Followed by Black Widow & Eternals (I don't know anything about this property, so this is purely based on being MCU). But I don't have a huge level of interest in any of them. Not really interested in any of the others at all.

Probably the first year in about a decade where a CBM won't crack the top 5 films I'm looking forward to in a given year. For me next year is all Edgar Wright, Taylor Sheridan, Chris Nolan, Villeneuve, Faxon/Rash (They directed "The Way, Way Back" in 2013 and are finally getting back to directing).

I dunno guys, I thought people would've been pumped about a Black Widow movie. I feel like that has the chance to be as grounded and have action like Winter Soldier, and hence be very good. If you ask me I wanted that as the first female-led MCU movie before Captain Marvel.

Not to single you out, but I've seen a lot of folks say this, and I think it might be putting unfair expectations on whatever BW turns out to be, because it isn't being written/directed by Markus/McFeely/Russos, it's not going to be TWS.

Last edited:
Bloodshot is supposed to kickstart the Valiant cinematic universe by Sony. I only wish that it was Universal who was doing the films because then they would have been able to reintegrate the Golden Key characters (Turok, Solar, Magnus) back into the universe. Valiant hasn't felt whole since they lost those characters.
I got into the publication more recently whenever it is they relaunched. Thought it was the best I've read as far as how things branch into one another.

On paper, the lineup makes it seem like the genre is starting to scrape the bottom of the barrel, but in the end, at least one of those movies will surprise everyone and end up being highly praised.
I think that could be Eternals or maybe Birds of Prey (Probably not)

On paper, the lineup makes it seem like the genre is starting to scrape the bottom of the barrel, but in the end, at least one of those movies will surprise everyone and end up being highly praised.

Yeah Wonder Woman is the only A-lister in the bunch.

I have no idea what to expect with a Black Widow movie or an Eternals movie. On the one hand I'm excited to see what they're going to do when they aren't planning ahead for 5 years, but on the other hand I was never dying for an Eternals or Black Widow movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"