Most Cinematic Sequence

byte19

200... It WILL Happen...
Reaction score
have you ever seen a film and suddenly, you see a sequnce in that film that makes you go, " my god! that was a beautifully shot part right there!!"

tell us that moment.
mine is with miller's crossing! albert finney kicked so much backside in that sequence it was scary! and the way it was shot! 'oh danny boy' playing in the background, the way the camera moved, and not one word was uttered!

i could think of more (Batman Begins) but i'll hear yours first!:brucebat:

Indiana Jones looking at the stones being lighten with the diamonds while taking them from the Kali statue in TOD, that shot was great

In V for Vendetta, V killing Creedy's goons with slo-mo...in the same categorie, the famous Neo dodging bullets in The Matrix, now that is some iconic cinematography!

the bit in the first Spider-Man when the criminal is in the warehouse and the silohuete of spidey hanging upside down, slides behind him.

X-MEN 3: Wolverine approaching Phoenix in the final fight was really a beautifully composed shot.

KING KONG: When Carl Denham stated his intentions after capturing Kong for the first time.

SPIDER-MAN 3: Dolly in to see Spider-Man and Mary Jane kneeling over a dead Harry and overlooking the city.

All of these shots were beautifully composed with everything lining up PERFECTLY.

Alien3
the alien closing in on Ripleys body... with her bald head and all, and the slime... iconic!

i'm surprised noone said it yet.....
batman begins! the flyby shot of him ontop of one of my buildings!!
yeah... i cried.

i'm surprised noone said it yet.....
batman begins! the flyby shot of him ontop of one of my buildings!!
yeah... i cried.

it was amazing, true. i thought of it, but i thought it was kind of obvious... im sure TDK will one up it though! :grin:

The helicopter descending by the waterfall in Jurassic park. Awesome.

Optimus Prime's reveal in TF (his first transformation)

i know i'll take crap for this one...
but the first transformation of Johnny Blaze to Ghost Rider.

mediocre movie, great scene.

Tom Hanks looking eye to eye at a whale at night in Cast Away.

Gandalf rescuing the riders of Gondor from the Nazgul
Dumbledore vs. Voldemort, especially in 3-d.:woot:

Alien3
the alien closing in on Ripleys body... with her bald head and all, and the slime... iconic!

Oh yes .... Love that moment.

The effects work on the Aliens head in that shot is simply stunning.

i know i'll take crap for this one...
but the first transformation of Johnny Blaze to Ghost Rider.

mediocre movie, great scene.
I think Ghost Rider was great in the visual/music aspects. Loved that scene, as well as Blackheart entrance, with the fire raining

Gandalf rescuing the riders of Gondor from the Nazgul
Dumbledore vs. Voldemort, especially in 3-d.:woot:

*gasps* :wow: oh my god!!! i thought it was magic in 2d!! yep...cried at that one.

and TDK's rooftop shot is on the sears tower!! *faints*:brucebat:

Music
Special FX
Eva Mendes

The only good things in Ghost Rider lol... and the only good scene in AVP deserves a spot on here... Predator impaled on Alien's tail and brought up close: and Alien and Predator meet eye to eye. Iconicness in a crappy movie.

lol. good point on ghost rider

The Terminator: Sarah is holding Reese, they are both badly hurt after being chased by the T-800, but they managed to destroy it by exploding the truck... and then, in the back, the Terminator rises again, just the endoskeleton, to finish the job!

Man, I was just like 10 years old when I watched that for the first time, I fell in love with that scene!

Liquid T-1000 in T2 rising from the checkerboard floor and killing the guard. Amazing FX even for todays audiences...

Blade Runner tears in the rain scene, great image, music, lines, the rain falling, and setting the dove free....one of the most emotional scenes without it trying to be

Optimus Prime's reveal in TF (his first transformation)

i thought the second one at the end was ridiculosly awsome the music, and at the end of it... Megatron!!:grin:
of course when he said the line one shall stand, i just about had an orgasam:wow:

Blade Runner tears in the rain scene, great image, music, lines, the rain falling, and setting the dove free....one of the most emotional scenes without it trying to be

Hell with the one scene, EVERY scene in Blade Runner!

The final standoff in The Good, The Bad and The Ugly is excellent.

Then I saw Once Upon a Time in The West, and the final duel in that is just damn good.

And of course, earlier in the film, when the family is killed and the camera moves around to the front and reveals the villain to be...Henry Fonda.

Back to the Future: The first time-travel experiment with Einstein. Doc's all excited, then there's the flames going right through them, and he screams, "What did I tell you?!?!?! Eighty-eight miles per hour!!!" I still love that scene, and the original Johnny B. Goode sequence still makes me smile.

Edward Scissorhands: The final shots of Edward still alive, alone in his mansion, carving ice sculptures; the "snow" raining down on the town is an epic shot.

Spider-Man 3: The opening shot of the final battle, when Spidey swings toward the construction site, and the citizens start clapping. Adding the American flag was a nice touch, too. I also enjoyed the shot of Harry's arrival for the fight, and Sandman's "dust cloud" exit after telling Peter the truth about Uncle Ben's death.

Pirates of the Caribbean - Curse of the Black Pearl: Jack's grand, sinking entrance into Port Royal makes me laugh every time, and the reveal of Barbossa's crew as skeletons was excellently done.

Hulk: Bruce Banner's first two transformations are excellent. I hope the upcoming "reboot" with Edward Norton retains some of the visual styles from that film.

The Passion of the Christ: Just about every scene was marvelously shot. I still applaud Mel Gibson for being as faithful to Scripture as he was.

The Chronicles of Narnia - the Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe: Lucy's first entrance into a snow-covered Narnia, the final battle against Jadis, and the coronation ceremony were all incredible. Aslan was so real at times, I forgot he was entirely digital.

"The Lord of the Rings" Trilogy: Too many to name, but a few of my faves are the prologue, Bilbo's birthday party, Gandalf's fight with Saruman, Gollum's entrance in "The Two Towers", the fortress of Minas Tirith, the battle for Helm's Deep, and of course Mount Doom. Aragorn's coronation was great, too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"