Most cliche things done in movies

Serial killers often kill their victims just after they've had sex.

Dr. Fate said:
Serial killers often kill their victims just after they've had sex.
Oh yeah, if a young couple is in a car about to have sex, some monster or serial killer with an axe will show up... I think it´s the kind of movie that gestated the mentality of MPAA...

In a high speed chase car scene, when the cars reach a busy crossroad with trafficlights and such, one of the cars always manages to get through without crashing in another car.

William15 said:
In a high speed chase car scene, when the cars reach a busy crossroad with trafficlights and such, one of the cars always manages to get through without crashing in another car.
Among other impossible feats the car is probably not designed for.

the main thing that pisses me off in any movie when a computer is involved....when someone is hacking into a computer they use keys that would/should have no relevance, i'm not computer hacker but seriously what would the numlock key do??

gvcool2 said:
the main thing that pisses me off in any movie when a computer is involved....when someone is hacking into a computer they use keys that would/should have no relevance, i'm not computer hacker but seriously what would the numlock key do??
Yeah, that is somewhat annoying.

If you're gay and you're in love,someone's gonna die.

In action movies, things tend to blow up and get crushed :mad:

...People die as well.

When the good guy is in disguise to blow an evil operation by bad guys, due to some technicality they're taken off the case, but due to them having a good spirit they stay on the case cuz the bad guys need to be stopped and they end up with a happy ending by defeating the bad guys.

The black cat scare. "Oh, the killer is after me! Let me look in the cabinet! AH! KITTY CAT!"

Majik1387 said:
When the good guy is in disguise to blow an evil operation by bad guys, due to some technicality they're taken off the case, but due to them having a good spirit they stay on the case cuz the bad guys need to be stopped and they end up with a happy ending by defeating the bad guys.
Yeah, that sucks.

A women can not be the lead role in an action movie without her gender being criticised in the movie by a character who will be later proved 'wrong'.

I hate it when you have the main hero in the movie tell either a child or inexperienced moron to stay behind because it's going to be dangerous and they would get in the way. So of course, they go anyways and end up getting in the way and almost screwing up the entire plan or whatever. That drives me nuts.

Wow Glad this one is back...

- Nowadays, the person from a minority is usually a scientist or very tech-savvy.

- Creepy ghostly-looking little girls with wet hair who appear in bizarre surreal ways. Seriously, enough is enough.

RedIsNotBlue said:
Teh love interest.

Words cannot express my hatred for the obligatory love interest.Especially when a romance between two characters isn't even hinted at until the last few minutes,just because the hero always has to get a girl.

The Hero said:
Words cannot express my hatred for the obligatory love interest.Especially when a romance between two characters isn't even hinted at until the last few minutes,just because the hero always has to get a girl.
It´s annoying as hell when the characters barely talked for five minutes in the whole movie and suddenly, they´re in love.

That pisses me off too.If you're going to have a romantic subplot but don't have alot of screen time to develop it,then establish that the characters have already spent some time together before the events of the movie.DO NOT have two people meet each other for the first time and then fall in love five scenes later.

ultimatefan said:
It´s annoying as hell when the characters barely talked for five minutes in the whole movie and suddenly, they´re in love.
Yeah, that sucks. Wish I could think of at least one film where they did it right or at least it served some kind of purpose to the overall story...

Dr. Fate said:
Yeah, that sucks. Wish I could think of at least one film where they did it right or at least it served some kind of purpose to the overall story...
Superman: The Movie did it very well I think.

In some movies, there's always a character who's silent throughout the whole movie until that last couple of minutes; and they usually say something that's intelligent.

JayKay said:
Superman: The Movie did it very well I think.
Ah. I was actually thinking more along the line of the first Terminator because of the whole predestination paradox thing.

Dr. Fate said:
Ah. I was actually thinking more along the line of the first Terminator because of the whole predestination paradox thing.
That too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"