Randomly Quoting Movies in Conversation

"They mostly come at night... mostly"
No so much in a convo as i just blurt it out when and where i feel like :p

It's not from a movie, but whenever a friend has a good idea about where to go, taking a vacation or what to do, a common answer is to quote the very knowledgable Homer J. Simpson
"You're idea intrigues me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter."

Some more me and my friends frequently use :

"[Immortality] ! Take it ! It's yours !" from Troy. The word 'Immortality' can be anything, like "Salad ! Take it ! It's yours !"

One of my friends often does that Penguin-moan from Batman Returns when he sees a hot chick, sometimes followed by "I'd like to fill HER void.", also from said film.

"Bats are nocturnal !" from Batman Begins, to indicate you're not fully awake yet.

"I'd buy that for a dollar !" from RoboCop, to indicate approval.

"[Sonic Youth] is in my cooler !", Peter Frampton on The Simpsons. 'Sonic Youth' can be replaced by anyone. There's no real circumstance it's usually used in and it doesn't have to make any sense.

"What is this, some kind of tube ?", Bob Dole on The Simpsons, though somehow we always say it in Bill Clinton's voice. Can be used in many circumstances, especially circumstances involving some kind of tube.

When writing something down, "Dear Josh, we came by to f*** you. You are not home, therefor you are gay. Signed, Tiffany and Amber.", from Ghost World.

Strange enough, the line most quoted in daily conversation by me and a friend of mine isn't from a movie or TV-series at all, but from these very boards. :D

"TGhat's barely a earfuuil !!!", written by a poster who couldn't type for the life of him, replying to the statement that breasts shouldn't be bigger than a handful. We usually shout it out upon hearing bad news.

Earlier in that same thread (it was about Hilary Duff looking anorexic), the same poster wrote this masterpiece :
"NO HER BNOONS are gone@ All fgone!", which gave us two extremely quotable lines, namely "BNOONS!" to indicate big boobs, and "All @ fgone !" to indicate something is over or missing.

I saved part of that thread to my hard drive because it just cracked me up every time. :up:

That-Guy said:
I was having this discussion with a group of my friends the other day about how periodically we'll just start quoting things from movies when something reminds us of one or if the subject of a particular movie comes up in conversation that we are all familiar with and like, we'll most likely start spouting off dialogue from it. But the important conclusion that we came up with was that this is more of a "guy" thing to do than a "girl" thing. What I mean is, 9 times out of 10, guys tend to start reciting lines from movies more often than girls do, for whatever reason.

There does, however, seem to be ONE exception to this rule. Can someone explain to me why women all over the country recite lines from the movie ANCHORMAN, of all things? I mean, I saw the film, and even though I'm not a fan of Will Ferrell's, I enjoyed it for the most part. But its wasn't anything special. Most movies of its calibre would have been forgotton in 6 months, but for some reason, I hear girls say "I'm kind of a big deal" or "I love lamp" on a goddamned daily basis. Hell, they even make T-SHIRTS that say these two stupid lines. Can somebody please explain to me why the hell people are trying to turn this mediocre movie and its moderately funny dialogue into something that will live one for eternity?

only unoriginal hacks quote movies in conversations. try coming up with your own material.

I'm guilty. :O
Music,movies,TV and plays,all it takes is one or two words and I'm off.
Of course no one knows what I'm talking about so I try to wrangle the desire.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"