Most Evil Character in Game of Thrones?

I'd have to say Ramsay at this point. Joffrey's up there, but given the fact that he's dead, that kind of puts the ball in Ramsay's court. Regardless of that, Ramsay is also far more intelligent that Joffrey ever was, which is even scarier. Granted, it's also because he's much older, but Joffrey was far easier to manipulate than Ramsay. He was content when he got his way. Ramsay is never content it seems.

Ramsay gets top billing. Joffrey would be useless if you took him out of King's Landing and left him in the middle of the wilderness. It wouldn't make a difference to Ramsay.

Roose made some good points back in season two when he was counseling Robb during the war.

Joffrey was a little ****, but his like are a dime a dozen. It's gotta be Ramsay, though an argument could be made for Tywin.

Ramsay. Joffrey was terrible and would slaughter people for the littlest sleight, but he wasn't into outright torture the way Ramsay is. Take a look at Ned Stark. Joffrey at least just had his head cut off by a professional executioner. Ramsay would have had him flayed alive. That's much worse.

Joffrey was a little ****, but his like are a dime a dozen. It's gotta be Ramsay, though an argument could be made for Tywin.

Tywin had a kind of brutal practicality guiding most of his decisions. A tool for every task and a task for every tool...the exception being Tysha. Ramsay's more driven by some kind of wicked self-loathing, I think.

The Mountain has to be up there for most evil.

Tywin had a kind of brutal practicality guiding most of his decisions. A tool for every task and a task for every tool...the exception being Tysha. Ramsay's more driven by some kind of wicked self-loathing, I think.

Well I think pragmatism only gets you so far, and in the end Tywin was only in it for himself and his idealised concept of dynasty. He was quite happy to let the Wildlings slaughter the Night's Watch and invade the North just to see how it would hurt Robb's cause and loosed the Bloody Mummers upon the Riverlands. More than anything his actions greatly hurt the realm he was trying to control, because at the end of the day he didn't care about the realm he cared about House Lannister being top dog. It all comes down to him bringing a boat load of misery to Westeros, largely to feed his own ego.

If you buy some of the book theories, Patchface may be one of the most evil.

Which reminds me, we never did get any explanation on Domeric.

Joffery, Ramsay and The Mountain are all brutal monsters.

I would say Littlefinger is also as evil as those three.

Littlefinger has murdered, plotted and schemed his way along causing havoc in his wake.
Well I think pragmatism only gets you so far, and in the end Tywin was only in it for himself and his idealised concept of dynasty. He was quite happy to let the Wildlings slaughter the Night's Watch and invade the North just to see how it would hurt Robb's cause and loosed the Bloody Mummers upon the Riverlands. More than anything his actions greatly hurt the realm he was trying to control, because at the end of the day he didn't care about the realm he cared about House Lannister being top dog. It all comes down to him bringing a boat load of misery to Westeros, largely to feed his own ego.

He cared about the House Lannister being strong because he saw first hand what happened when people thought his house was weak.

When the House Reyne of Castamere rebelled against their liege lord, Tytos Lannister, who was perceived as weak by his own vassals, it was Tywin Lannister who marched against the upstart Lord of Castamere and squashed their rebellion.

Tywin looked to profit from the chaos in Westeros just like many others did. I wouldn't say that trait made him any better or worst than anyone else.

Roose has done some horrible things himself, but what shows you his character is his approval of Ramsay's behavior. He knows what he has created.

That's a tough one. Ramsay probably. Joffrey is a close second, if not a tie. I would say Ramsay, if only because he has no redeeming qualities. Even Joffrey, as horrible as he was, clearly cared about his father.

But, I think people may be forgetting how horrible Joffrey was. He had babies put to death, who were probably his own brothers. He was also a horrible coward. At least Ramsay is valorous.

Joffrey - he did order for all of Roberts bastards to be killed including infants

right now it has to be the Boltons

I used to think it was Joffrey or Littlefinger but its clearly Ramsey. That guy is ruthless. The skinned woman last week was way worst for me than the rape scene in the previous one.

Making those children watch while he skinned their parents was pretty horrific, too. The ones from earlier this season that didn't pay their taxes. I'm assuming Davos's trip to White Harbor was cut, but the Onion Knight noted that the streets were overcrowded. Later he found out that the city was flooded with Northerners looking for safety now that the Bastard o' Bolton and the flayed men were out and about in the countryside.

Last edited:
That's a tough one. Ramsay probably. Joffrey is a close second, if not a tie. I would say Ramsay, if only because he has no redeeming qualities. Even Joffrey, as horrible as he was, clearly cared about his father.

But, I think people may be forgetting how horrible Joffrey was. He had babies put to death, who were probably his own brothers. He was also a horrible coward. At least Ramsay is valorous.

We also have to remember that Joffrey tortured and murdered the prostitute Littlefinger gave him, pinning her to his wall with arrows.

That's just as messed up as the stuff Ramsay does.

But yea, Joffrey was a sniveling coward while Ramsay is at least a fearless warrior. Though I'm not sure how much is bravery and how much just being psychopathic.

There are two kinds of evil on the show, there is naked sadism (Joffrey, Ramsay, the Mountain) and then there is the more pervasive, deep-seated ruthlessness and amorality of Tywin, Roose, Littlefinger, etc. The latter is arguably worse: we have Joffrey ruled by his demented impulses murdering Roz, but we have Littlefinger basically creating this scenario, which undoubtedly required Littlefinger to hire men or direct men to tie her up in Joffrey's bedchamber and allow him to shoot her full of quarrels. The latter is much more evil to me. Littlefinger also referenced selling a prostitute to a man who systematically mutilated her to death as a threat to Roz in an earlier episode. And we can assume that Littlefinger did this with little regret or emotion.

Last edited:
We also have to remember that Joffrey tortured and murdered the prostitute Littlefinger gave him, pinning her to his wall with arrows.

That's just as messed up as the stuff Ramsay does.

But yea, Joffrey was a sniveling coward while Ramsay is at least a fearless warrior. Though I'm not sure how much is bravery and how much just being psychopathic.

I wouldn't go that far at all. One dead prostitute feathered with arrows doesn't equate dozens of women raped, flayed, and torn apart by hungry dogs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"