Most Evil Character in Game of Thrones?

I wouldn't go that far at all. One dead prostitute feathered with arrows doesn't equate dozens of women raped, flayed, and torn apart by hungry dogs.

How about dozens of dead babies and children? Who are all his brothers (or so he believes, anyway).

Joffrey never once committed any of those murders himself, and I doubt if he even gave them a second thought once he knew the order was carried out. Which is no different what Tywin did on a constant basis either, it's divorced from the act itself.

Ramsay has personally murdered his own brother, damned him to a long and drawn out dysentery related death and relished the fact greatly, not to mention what he plans to do with his unborn sibling.

Joffrey never once committed any of those murders himself, and I doubt if he even gave them a second thought once he knew the order was carried out. Which is no different what Tywin did on a constant basis either, it's divorced from the act itself.

Ramsay has personally murdered his own brother, damned him to a long and drawn out dysentery related death and relished the fact greatly, not to mention what he plans to do with his unborn sibling.

Joffrey takes sexual/physical pleasure from seeing people suffering/tortured, though. The closest he came to doing anything himself before killing Roz was forcing her at crossbow to beat the other prostitute half to death, though, so I guess you're right that he doesn't physically do it himself. But it is different from Tywin in that Tywin usually had a motive which from his perspective was justified, whereas Joffrey randomly had people killed to amuse himself and sexually gratify himself.

We never once see his reaction to the dead bastards, (which is because it's actually a Cersei moment that they later attributed to Joffrey in the show) and given Joffrey's father issues, for all we know he could have given that order because he saw them as a threat to his claim. And while he did get gratification from seeing people hurt under his power, he was remarkably asexual in most things, he never once raped anyone, the closest he came was the threat to Sansa on her wedding night, which was itself just a way to get her to squirm.

Ramsay on the other hand is all about violating other people in every possible way he can, and everyone he hurts, he hurts sexually. If we're going to compare levels of cruelty and what it means to the one doing those acts, then Ramsay has him beat in every way.

One theory I saw is that Joffrey is a repressed homosexual. Which kind of makes sense in the show. He's super homophobic and never shows any interest in women. Though that could just be him being his usual pleasant self.

In the books, he is kind of imitating Robert Baratheon. It is made clear that he wanted Robert's approval from a young age, where he tried to show his father some kittens that he'd cut out of their pregnant mother. Robert hit him pretty hard - someone on hand mentioned thinking that Robert had killed Joffrey. So there might be a bit of brain damage there in addition to the incest affecting his development. You can look at what people say about Robert in his prime, and in his present as a wifebeater, and see it reflected in Joffrey.

In the books, he is kind of imitating Robert Baratheon. It is made clear that he wanted Robert's approval from a young age, where he tried to show his father some kittens that he'd cut out of their pregnant mother. Robert hit him pretty hard - someone on hand mentioned thinking that Robert had killed Joffrey. So there might be a bit of brain damage there in addition to the incest affecting his development. You can look at what people say about Robert in his prime, and in his present as a wifebeater, and see it reflected in Joffrey.

I don't know. The fact that he cut out kitten fetuses from a pregnant cat sounds like he's already showing serious signs of sociopathy.

You also don't have to be a product of incest to be a vicious bastard. Most real world monsters aren't the result of incest.

Probably a mix of the two. That's the first I heard of your show theory, btw.

It's possible I guess.

He may just be an asexual sadist.

I recall a lot of people thought Tommen was mentally challenged. So far it just seems like he's a quiet kid, who doesn't know what to do because his mother has sheltered him his whole life.

Tommen seems like a good kid.

He could actually be a pretty good King now he has Kevan as his Hand.

Kid turned out alright considering he was raised in the company of child murderers, rapists, war mongers and sick little bastards.

I vote for the Night King. His goal seems to be destruction of the entire human race that is plain genocide. And the other characters wouldn't stand a chance against him in a fight. They would be dead in 10 seconds.

don't forget Walder Frey! :argh: i hate him

and he broke an oath(vow?)

^I'm surprised it took this long for him to get a mention.

Howabout Stannis Stupidface What's-Up-Witch? Barathasmasha'

The Freys, Boltons and half the Lannisters all are in the running for that title.

Craster would be a higher contender than most of them though.

^I'm surprised it took this long for him to get a mention.

i only started watching the show in february lol
but i'm still mad at him

also hate craster

Craster gets my vote for just being an unabashed ******* for no other reason than he could. He did everything because no one stood up to him or tried to fight him, anyone with any sort of fight could have easily stopped it but no one bothered. He didn't do it for power, money or any other reason than he could.

Everyone else has an excuse like, family, honor or whatever but he just does what he wanted because he could.

Patchface likes to sing nonsensical things, which in hindsight are prophetic. Like he called the Red Wedding well before it happened, and he foresaw Renly's death by the shadow monster, and Melisandre of all people mentions that she saw him in her flames surrounded by skulls and reveals that she's actually afraid of him. The theories are that he's perhaps connected to the Drowned God or some other horrific deity, and that his words are often that of something else speaking through him.

Oh I see....would be a pretty cool twist.

I think Joffrey had the potential for the title but he got killed before getting too far gone.

Patchface is interesting though, if he's just a puppet then he's not so much evil as a prophet.

The fact that Joffrey as a little kid cut kittens out of their mother, and what he did to Ros, speaks pretty heavily to him being a budding sociopath who may have been on his way to being just as ****ed up as Ramsay, but he died before fully blossoming.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"