Sequels Most important storyline we MUST see in the future?

Carnage would require an R rating to be done right.

This again-there will never & should never be an "R" rated Spider-Man movie. The idea is just preposterous.

Chris Wallace said:
This again-there will never & should never be an "R" rated Spider-Man movie. The idea is just preposterous.

Yeah, I agree.

That's also part of the problem w/Kraven's Last Hunt & the gang war; just doesn't fit in a PG-13 movie.

Chris Wallace said:

Which is why Carnage should never make it to film.

Abaddon said:
Which is why Carnage should never make it to film.

I don't even think SM4 is going to make it to film in the near future.

I think Carnage could be in a PG-13 film. They won't be able to go into deep detail on him, but that is why He could be a side villian. Actually, It could be pretty violent as long no Blood is spilled. Sounds Cheesey, but it could work.

weezerspider said:
I think Carnage could be in a PG-13 film. They won't be able to go into deep detail on him, but that is why He could be a side villian. Actually, It could be pretty violent as long no Blood is spilled. Sounds Cheesey, but it could work.
They could have him be in environments where no people are around. Fight scenes in abandoned airports or something.

weezerspider said:
If they have to do all that they shouldn't bother with him at all.

And although I'd like to see the Scorpion, I think JJJ should have nothing to do with it. Yes, it goes against the comics & all, but hear me out; Jameson has always been a prick. We expect him to be. That's how we like it. And he's a bit of a hypocrite. But the one thing he has never been is a criminal. Funding an illegal experiment would land him in jail. Not to mention that by turning Gargan into a monster, he's technically responsible for his crimes. And as JJJ is not an appointed officer of the law, HAS NOT been hired by any government agency to apprehend Spider-Man, & Spidey isn't officially wanted by authorities, hunting him down is a crime. At a minimum it's vigilante activity, conspiracy to kidnap & could even be construed as attempted murder.

I would like to see Scorpion myself. JJJ having to be apart of his creation or not, doesn't bother me.

TheFlyinRussian said:
They could have him be in environments where no people are around. Fight scenes in abandoned airports or something.
Why would Carnage do that? He likes an audience. You can't take a mass murderer away from the masses.

I thought this thread was dead. Well...

Chris Wallace said:
Why would Carnage do that? He likes an audience. You can't take a mass murderer away from the masses.

In a nutshell, I agree. Cletus has to be portrayed as one evil sadistic sociopath for him to have half the impact he leaves in the comics. If you take him away from violent situations (which could just not have death entailed, which works just as well) then Carnage by simulacrum receives no real threatening identity and people will become enamored by a Carnage who is just not Carnage.

I think for a good storyline to work, it would have to be able to blend in well with Peter's story, and show how Peter grows from the experience, like in the first two and the third sounds. I've never been a big Carnage fan, he's just too insane for me. I think the Lizard could be good, but I think it would have worked best going along with the symbiote story, as Peter trying to control himself while wearing the symbiote would fit nicely with Conners trying to control the Lizard.

Personally, I like the Clone Saga, and they could (I'm ready to be beaten down) bring back Norman like they did in the comics, saying that the goblin formula gave him accelerated healing. Then they could do the Revelations story, have Norman kill Gwen, hate Peter for ruining his life. It would show Peter grow by having him finally really decide what he wants to do with his life, and finding himself, which would work will with the Clone saga, after the confusion over who is the real Peter.

Shmoil said:
I think for a good storyline to work, it would have to be able to blend in well with Peter's story, and show how Peter grows from the experience, like in the first two and the third sounds. I've never been a big Carnage fan, he's just too insane for me. I think the Lizard could be good, but I think it would have worked best going along with the symbiote story, as Peter trying to control himself while wearing the symbiote would fit nicely with Conners trying to control the Lizard.

Personally, I like the Clone Saga, and they could (I'm ready to be beaten down) bring back Norman like they did in the comics, saying that the goblin formula gave him accelerated healing. Then they could do the Revelations story, have Norman kill Gwen, hate Peter for ruining his life. It would show Peter grow by having him finally really decide what he wants to do with his life, and finding himself, which would work will with the Clone saga, after the confusion over who is the real Peter.
:down NO CLONES!!!!!!!!!

Chris Wallace said:
:down NO CLONES!!!!!!!!!

Why no clones? They're just as realistic as an alien symbiote that just happens to find Peter, then just happen to find someone who hates Peter. I think a really compelling story could come out of the clone story, as long as it's executed and planned better than the comic clone saga. That I can understand the dislike of, but I think if done right it could create great personal development betweeen the characters.

The Clone Saga was a bad idea. Period. It took the story too far from who & what Spider-Man is, & it lasted too long. The only good things that resulted from it are Spider-Girl & the return of Norman Osborn. It was a bad story & there's no reason to revisit it.

Lizard based as a cross between the three best Lizard stories IMO, the arm-breaking and family trauma of ASM #44-#45, the higher stakes and attempted curing of himself in ASM #367 and a bit of that Unlimited story done with the drugs and turning others into Lizards, including Spider-Man himself almost reaching that point and MJ SAVING HIM.

However, so much of Lizard's origin has been mined by Raimi to enrichen Ock's origin and make Sandman more than a two-bit thug (he is trying to cure himself and has a daughter? Straight out of the Lizard and into Marko) but I'm sure they could make him work and if Raimi did it it should be very horror movie-esque and play almost like a Greek tragedy..

There would also need to be probably another villain after 3 in SM3 but most of the top-tier have been expended after the first 3 films or unusable (Kingpin at Fox, Carnage out of touch, Hobgoblin redundant). Maybe Kraven but if it ain't The Last Hunt (which the Lizard doesn't equate into) the character is kind of boring and you can't just have him be the only villain because going from Venom and Sandman visually to a guy running around in a lion skin just won't really cut it then.

I no they want to do six movies. But there is a big possibility that Mysterio will be in SM4 as there is a strong rumor that Sam Raimi is keeping quiet on that there will be a possible link that Bruce Cambell who cameo'd in the 1st 2 movies as the wrestling comentator and the theatre usher has been Mysterio the who time explaining his appearances in both movies. So there could be a big storyline there.

I just don't see it. Either Spidey keeps running into guys who look exactly alike or one guy has gone from wrestling announcer to usher to supervillain. Just doesn't sound like a good plot idea to me.

I'd go with Scorpion.I don't know if the JJJ plot would work,though

Scorpion?

I can just see all the threads:

Organic Scorpion Tail = Raimi sucks Blah blah blah

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back