Sequels If The Lizard is in part 4 what would be the storyline?

I was asking for an R-rating, so that the writers and director would produced a mature and mostly adult oriented film, and break the mindset that Spider-Man is a Disney-like property, where everything is watered-down and treated with kid gloves--and never take risk.
I''m not sure if you ever noticed Doctor Octopus, Harry Osborn, or Venom. Sticking a knife in pete's stomach? Dock Ock ripping off the nurse's arm?

Nobody views it as Disney like.

I think the lizards transformation should be gradual, and that he should take the procedure more than once, like have his newly grown arm start to degenerate, so he needs to take a larger does, leading the transformation.

Perhaps the "lesson" that Spidey should learn in this movie is failure- that sometimes the hero doesn't have everything under control.

I don't have an entire script written or anything like that, but here's a series of events that I would like to see in Spider-Man 4:

-Dr. Connors turns into the Lizard.
-Lizard shows up in public and has his first encounter with Spidey.
-Captain Stacy gets caught in the fray and gets killed.
-Spidey feels like he failed by not being able to save Captain Stacy.
-Spidey finds out that Lizard is Dr. Connors.
-Spidey tries to find a way to cure him, not wanting to fail from saving another life.

I''m not sure if you ever noticed Doctor Octopus, Harry Osborn, or Venom. Sticking a knife in pete's stomach? Dock Ock ripping off the nurse's arm?

Is that before or after the singing and dancing routines?

Seriously, I didn't see Doc Ock ripping off a nurse's arm. Anyway, I'd like to see less juvenile antics and more intense and mature writing put into SM4. Take some damn risk, and get the hell out of their comfort zone.

It would be easy to top the previous films special effects, if Sony hired WETA and Stan Winston Studio to handle the FX/animatronics/costumes designs.

The story should not be just your regular Jekyll and Hyde/Hulk motif. Curt Connors should slowly transform into The Lizard throughout the film (think THE FLY movie), within the first 25-35 minutes of the film. Connors should also keep logs of his tranformation and the fear he has of possibly killing his family, and all whom he comes in contact with. At the final moments before he becomes THE LIZARD, he should talk of going into hiding under the city, to keep everyone safe. Most importantly, right the damn thing like adults are watching too.

That sounds good to me. One thing I don't want to see though is Connor's being yet another crazed scientist unwilling to pull back. I want to see him desperately trying to cure himself before the full transformation. Plus I feel it would be interesting if Parker was drafted in by Connors to try and help him concoct a cure. When they fail and are unable to create a cure before the full transformation, I want to see Parker witnessing Connor's turn into the Lizard. That would be so intense.

I imagine Peter could be involved in some way with the creation of the cure, or perhaps a more professional scientist. I'm thinking maybe Connor's wife, Martha, perhaps she could be a scientist, like in the new Spidey toon. She could either help with the creation that turns Curt into The Lizard (and Curt takes the experiment to the next stage, by trying it on himself) or help Spidey/Peter find a cure...or both. Who knows?

What I do know is, if they're writing Connors/The Lizard like the comics, the screenwriter is going get a Hulk vibe 50 pages in or more. They're just too similar. That's why I don't want The Lizard speaking or having any memory of being Curt Connors, just a complete animalistic Lizard, who would even kill his wife and son if given the opportunity. This will seperate him from the HULK and the FLY. Whom both would not kill their lovers.

Originally Posted by Spider-Bite

Exactly, that's just the right amount of violence needed for these films.

I imagine Peter could be involved in some way with the creation of the cure, or perhaps a more professional scientist. I'm thinking maybe Connor's wife, Martha, perhaps she could be a scientist, like in the new Spidey toon. She could either help with the creation that turns Curt into The Lizard (and Curt takes the experiment to the next stage, by trying it on himself) or help Spidey/Peter find a cure...or both. Who knows?

What I do know is, if they're writing Connors/The Lizard like the comics, the screenwriter is going get a Hulk vibe 50 pages in or more. They're just too similar. That's why I don't want The Lizard speaking or having any memory of being Curt Connors, just a complete animalistic Lizard, who would even kill his wife and son if given the opportunity. This will seperate him from the HULK and the FLY. Whom both would not kill their lovers.

That would be excellent :up:

Alas, I can't see them going down that road. I imagine we'd be getting a Lizard that we are very sympathetic towards. I think we'll be getting a monster that Connors fights tooth and nail in order to stop it hurting people.

I also think that a talking lizard would not work in a film. In comics it works, in cartoons it also worked earlier, even in the new Spidey show the Lizard was a mindless beast. That would be great for a film, but the Lizard couldn't make a descent story for a two-hours film, it could after the first film, but not after the third.
The only thing is we need villains that can be combined together. Not like in Spider-Man 3. Venom goes alone or with Carnage and nobody else. Venom and Sandman team-up was a stupid thing and e degrading for the character.
The only Kraven I want to see is the Kraven from the Spectacular Spider-Man comics in the late 90's. That Kraven would work in a movie.
I think that the most logical choice for the fourth film is the Sinister Six and framing of Spider-Man. The lineup should be changed from the comics. Because we must be aware that there would not be like 10 or 15 films, and we still want to see Mysterio, Scorpion , or Electro... I think that they along with the Vulture, Chameleon, and maybe Kraven would make a great team. I would leave the Lizard for a possible fifth film as a secondary villain. The other two would be Venom and Carnage. Also after the fourth film they may explore more of the criminal underworld and villains like Shocker and Rhino may have brief fights as potential threats in the beginning of one of the films. For the sixth I want to see the goblins trying to take the criminal underworld and the goblin wars.

That would be excellent :up:

Alas, I can't see them going down that road. I imagine we'd be getting a Lizard that we are very sympathetic towards. I think we'll be getting a monster that Connors fights tooth and nail in order to stop it hurting people.
Sadly, that would be the generic and ***** version of The Lizard. Unfortunately, I agree that that's the road they'll most likely take, because it's Kid-FN-Friendly! :cmad:

Great, if we have Connors mind battle with The Lizard, then we don't need Spider-Man, just let him talk himself out of harming everyone. I can just imagine the horrible dialogue Connors will keep uttering to himself, as he's about to kill someone, but stops himself short before doing so. Like I said, it will make for a very, very weak story. Something you'd see in a cartoon, hell, not even the new Spectacular Spider-Man cartoon took that generic ass route.

I want to be able to compare The Lizard with movies like PREDATOR or ALIEN(S), it's the greatest way to go. Like them, The Lizard should have a nice size body count of innocent people. Something that will haunt Connors and his family for the rest of their lives. A course of events that stops him from ever going back to being normal. Telling the police that Connors is The Lizard (which is pretty hard to prove, and if it was proven), would only result in more deaths in trying to keep Conners jailed, and not under the watchful eye of Spidey. A secret that's kept between him, his family and Spider-Man. That's intense.

Sadly, that would be the generic and ***** version of The Lizard. Unfortunately, I agree that that's the road they'll most likely take, because it's Kid-FN-Friendly! :cmad:

Great, if we have Connors mind battle with The Lizard, then we don't need Spider-Man, just let him talk himself out of harming everyone. I can just imagine the horrible dialogue Connors will keep uttering to himself, as he's about to kill someone, but stops himself short before doing so. Like I said, it will make for a very, very weak story. Something you'd see in a cartoon, hell, not even the new Spectacular Spider-Man cartoon took that generic ass route.

I want to be able to compare The Lizard with movies like PREDATOR or ALIEN(S), it's the greatest way to go. Like them, The Lizard should have a nice size body count of innocent people. Something that will haunt Connors and his family for the rest of their lives. A course of events that stops him from ever going back to being normal. Telling the police that Connors is The Lizard (which is pretty hard to prove, and if it was proven), would only result in more deaths in trying to keep Conners jailed, and not under the watchful eye of Spidey. A secret that's kept between him, his family and Spider-Man. That's intense.

Sorry man help me out here. Do you mean that he will permanently stay as the Lizard and he wouldn't be able to cure himself?

Also, whoever the other villain is, I imagine the Lizard will kill him, not Spidey.

^ it doesn’t sound like, (at least from the way I read that) that he thinks he should stay the lizard physically, I think he meant more emotionally, and psychologically, he wont just go back to being "normal", after going through something like that

^ it doesn’t sound like, (at least from the way I read that) that he thinks he should stay the lizard physically, I think he meant more emotionally, and psychologically, he wont just go back to being "normal", after going through something like that
That's exactly what I meant...I thought my words were clear.

Just imagine Peter in a classroom with Connors. Watching a well respected man, teaching him and others, in his usual calm manner. With Peter knowing that this man just murdered 7 or 8 people in cold blood a few nights ago. It's bound to happen again if he isn't stopped in time. Peter will also have the knowledge that Connors' family is always in a life threatening situation, and he can't even tell the police. Can you not hear a serious voice-over of Peter Parker telling us (the audience) this just before the movie ends?

I don't care for the killing off of villains, any more then others, but, in a movieverse, it kinda makes since, I mean, these people, even if it wasn't by their own conscious actions, can't just go back to their everyday life’s
an in a semi reality based world, putting them in jail, or sending them to psycho ward, isn't going to cover it

though, if he is killed off, I kinda foresee, him being cured or turning back to human, as he’s dieing, and giving some final words of wisdom to Peter (or maybe even his family being there) something like that

But, then again, that’s kinda why I don’t like the idea of “the lizard” being a conscious benign. I’d prefer Connors to have no memory of what happened, and I want the lizard to be a pure instinctual creature
This is really the only way, I can see, it working without having to kill him off
ya, Peter will probably never be able to look at him the same way again, but, Connor will be able to lead a normal life
though, Peter haven recently gone throw his own lil transformation, (so, to say) he might be more understanding of what Connors went through

Lizard and Kraven could be villains... Lizard, as originally written, is sympathetic.. Kraven is not... so maybe once Doc Connors' accident happens, and word gets out of a lizard-man on the loose, Kraven volunteers to the city that he'll capture and kill him, with his video crew in tow.. Spidey must somehow find a way to stop the Lizard's rampage, while finding a cure for Connors, all while staying one step ahead of Kraven & company..

I'm not for killing off every single villain, sometimes it makes sense, but not in every situation. I don't want Curt Connors/The Lizard killed, period. I don't think the villains should be able to go back to their normal lives (except Curt Connors), but that's the great part about it. You have to rewrite different scenarios into the character's story the next time they're scene on screen. For the most part, it's just laziness for the writers to keep killing the villains, just because they don't know how to handle them beyond just one story.
Lizard, as originally written, is sympathetic
You can have plenty of sympathy for Connors, his family or Connors for being one and the same with The Lizard. But what I don't want to see is, The Lizard character showing any signs of being a sympathetic animalistic creature. That's just crap. I don't want to see The Lizard writing "Dear Martha..." letters while he's down in the sewers.

This guy may not be the Lizard; but he certainly could become the Pig. :grin:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"