Sequels If The Lizard is in part 4 what would be the storyline?

Metal Spidey

Spider-Man rules!
Reaction score
There's a lot of speculation on who the villain or villains for Spider-Man 4 will be. The Lizard is very popular choice, so I must ask this question. What do you think the storyline would be if The Lizard was a villain in part 4? Keep in mind that the people in charge of the sequel want it to be the best yet (as any director and co. would want). How will Lizard top Green Goblin, Doc Oc, Sandman and Venom in terms of action, special effects, and overall storyline?

Well, I think it defenitley should be a sympathetic story where Dr. Connors is basically trapped inside this monster. Spidey does'nt want to hurt him, but he has to get Dr. Connors a serum to get him back to normal. If Kraven is in the film, he defenitley would play a big role in this story.

It would be easy to top the previous films special effects, if Sony hired WETA and Stan Winston Studio to handle the FX/animatronics/costumes designs.

The story should not be just your regular Jekyll and Hyde/Hulk motif. Curt Connors should slowly transform into The Lizard throughout the film (think THE FLY movie), within the first 25-35 minutes of the film. Connors should also keep logs of his tranformation and the fear he has of possibly killing his family, and all whom he comes in contact with. At the final moments before he becomes THE LIZARD, he should talk of going into hiding under the city, to keep everyone safe. Most importantly, right the damn thing like adults are watching too.

It would be easy to top the previous films special effects, if Sony hired WETA and Stan Winston Studio to handle the FX/animatronics/costumes designs.

The story should not be just your regular Jekyll and Hyde/Hulk motif. Curt Connors should slowly transform into The Lizard throughout the film (think THE FLY movie), within the first 25-35 minutes of the film. Connors should also keep logs of his tranformation and the fear he has of possibly killing his family, and all whom he comes in contact with. At the final moments before he becomes THE LIZARD, he should talk of going into hiding under the city, to keep everyone safe. Most importantly, right the damn thing like adults are watching too.

Yea but...

If we wanted to watch The Fly...we would watch The Fly.

We want to see the Lizard. So WTF are we trying to turn him and his story into something that it is not?

:huh:

Yea but...

We want to see the Lizard. So WTF are we trying to turn him and his story into something that it is not?

How exactly is The Lizard not like that? Vis's idea could play very well on the big screen.

How exactly is The Lizard not like that? Vis's idea could play very well on the big screen.

Because like I said, this is exactly like "The Fly" down to every single detail, except its a man transforming into a lizard.

And if we wanted to watch the Fly, people would watch "The Fly".

AKA give us something new and stop ripping people off!

Excellent post, Vis. This is the route that should be taken.

That would be awesome!

Because like I said, this is exactly like "The Fly" down to every single detail, except its a man transforming into a lizard.

And if we wanted to watch the Fly, people would watch "The Fly".

AKA give us something new and stop ripping people off!

The only thing similiar would be is the gradual transformation, would wouldn't be that long in the whole grand scheme of the movie. Other than that its basically The Lizard. Stop whining

The only thing similiar would be is the gradual transformation, would wouldn't be that long in the whole grand scheme of the movie. Other than that its basically The Lizard. Stop whining

Curt Connors should slowly transform into The Lizard throughout the film (think THE FLY movie), within the first 25-35 minutes of the film.

Direct rip from The Fly.

Connors should also keep logs of his tranformation and the fear he has of possibly killing his family, and all whom he comes in contact with.

Direct rip from the Fly, except it is more on safty than study, but same damn thing.

At the final moments before he becomes THE LIZARD, he should talk of going into hiding under the city, to keep everyone safe.

Yea and if you add in the real Conner's story from the comics, he will also talk about continuing his mutation and spreading it like in "The Fly". You might as well have a scene were Spider-Man has a shot gun and points it to his head hoping they will pull the trigger, like most people would in the audience at that point screaming "RIP OFF!!!"

Most importantly, right the damn thing like adults are watching too.

Right and it should also have an R-Rating, tons of gore, and MJ should flash her boobies because it will be oh so "mature" for everyone's 14 year old brain.

Also here is something else, if he does not become "the Lizard" until later, then who the hell is Spider-Man going to fight?

:whatever:

Direct rip from The Fly.
As oppose to a scientist, who transforms back and forth into a creature in need of a cure, with green skin, purple pants and ripped clothes. The Lizard would be a direct rip off from the Hulk. Who are both based on ideas from Jekyll and Hyde, or a 'rip' as you put it, Stan Lee will happily tell you that. I think Marvel is going to avoid the similarities between the Hulk (who's 50 times more known than The Fly movie) and The Lizard.
Direct rip from the Fly, except it is more on safty than study, but same damn thing.
Keeping a log of breakthough studies and experiments is what scientist do. And its been done on screen long before The Fly. And there should be a huge safety issue with The Lizard, unless he becames yet another ***** whipped villain--then we can just make him some toast and tea and call it the day
Yea and if you add in the real Conner's story from the comics, he will also talk about continuing his mutation and spreading it like in "The Fly". You might as well have a scene were Spider-Man has a shot gun and points it to his head hoping they will pull the trigger, like most people would in the audience at that point screaming "RIP OFF!!!"
No, the focus would be on The Lizard, no mutation spreading. Just the out of control killings, Connors family, Peter/Connors college relationship, Spider vs. The Lizard, the cure, etc. There should not be anything left of Connors mentally, for him to want to stop himself while he is The Lizard.
Right and it should also have an R-Rating, tons of gore, and MJ should flash her boobies because it will be oh so "mature" for everyone's 14 year old brain.
Nope, there was no gore or chicks flashing their boobies in THE BOURNE ULTIMATUM. And that film was PG-13. But what it did have was intelligent and realistic written dialogue, intense and brutal fight scenes (not kicking back on the violence), a coherent story, villain(s) who are life threatening, intense action scenes, NO singing or dancing, NO Rain Drop song, NO cute kids for the sake of being cute, etc. This is what I meant by write the damn thing like adults are watching too.
Also here is something else, if he does not become "the Lizard" until later, then who the hell is Spider-Man going to fight?
There are "TWO" villains in SM4. I would imagine he'd be fighting him.

Yea but...

I agree... I don't want to see "THE FLY" rehash in the form of a Lizard, in a Spider-Man movie.

Personally, if there is a humanoid Lizard with the strength, quickness, agility, and blood thirsty, cold blooded, bad attitude, reptilian mindset, than I would prefer some realism from a humanoid creature like that and have some innocent bystanders being killed, mauled, and mutilated. Not necessarily on screen, but implied.

The thing is, Connors mind is trying to control it and he would not let the Lizard do harm to innocent people, just those that is trying to capture or kill him... natural instincts. That's why I suggest that Lizard should be made to appear to grip the city in fear and is blamed for these murders. Leaving Spidey to have to take drastic measures that he don't want to take because it's Connors. At the same time, a character like Kraven, who don't give a **** about who the Lizard is... he is simply out to capture or kill the Lizard.

The murders should be by Cletus Kasady, as Cletus Kasady the seriel killer, but because the horrendous nature of the killing, the killings should be made to appear it was done by this humanoid Lizard. The audience should totally believe that Lizard is responsible for the rash of killings... and I'm only talking about maybe three killings.

That would be very different from the Fly, Jekyll/Hyde, SwampThing, or any other knockoffs.

I agree... I don't want to see "THE FLY" rehash in the form of a Lizard, in a Spider-Man movie.

Personally, if there is a humanoid Lizard with the strength, quickness, agility, and blood thirsty, cold blooded, bad attitude, reptilian mindset, than I would prefer some realism from a humanoid creature like that and have some innocent bystanders being killed, mauled, and mutilated. Not necessarily on screen, but implied.

The thing is, Connors mind is trying to control it and he would not let the Lizard do harm to innocent people, just those that is trying to capture or kill him... natural instincts. That's why I suggest that Lizard should be made to appear to grip the city in fear and is blamed for these murders. Leaving Spidey to have to take drastic measures that he don't want to take because it's Connors. At the same time, a character like Kraven, who don't give a **** about who the Lizard is... he is simply out to capture or kill the Lizard.

The murders should be by Cletus Kasady, as Cletus Kasady the seriel killer, but because the horrendous nature of the killing, the killings should be made to appear it was done by this humanoid Lizard. The audience should totally believe that Lizard is responsible for the rash of killings... and I'm only talking about maybe three killings.

That would be very different from the Fly, Jekyll/Hyde, SwampThing, or any other knockoffs.
That's too much like the Hulk, I hate the whole human part of the brain trying to stop the creature from killing innocent people. I want the killing of innocents, even the life of his wife and son should be at stake. Damn the Hulk-like cop-out, which I'm afraid they're going to use, complete with a cutesy scene consisting of The Lizard and Billy. You know how they love those cute ass kid scenes. :dry:

It's The Lizard who is a knockoff of Jekyll and Hyde, no matter how you slice it, you're not coming up with an original story behind Connors/Lizard. Whether it's Hulk, Jekyll and Hyde or The Fly, there's no way around it...his story will be compared to one or all three of them.

That's where I disagree... Jekyll/Hyde was meant to be Good/Evil, Light/Dark, Love/Hate... contrast of natural behavior, polar opposite in personality. Lizard is only similar in transformation.

The Lizard is still mostly Connor's essence... the Lizard is not a complete reptile. That reptilian DNA may have some strong influence on his instincts to do what reptile or lizards do, but his entire makeup is still predominately human... or in this case Connors essence. So Curt would be able to exert some level of control over the creature, regardless of the level of instictive influence. The same can be said about Hulk as well... he is still predominately the essence of David Banner.

Yes, which why I keep mentioning the Hulk, I personally don't want to see the essence of Connors in The Lizard. These movies are too light-hearted for them to pull it off without it being cute. It will lead to too many weak moments in the story. Which is why I don't even want to hear The Lizard speak. I can already see Spider-Man trying to talk The Lizard out of being an animalistic beast of a villain, while holding up a picture of his wife and kid. I cringe at the thought of it.

And if The Lizard is a creature that can be talked to, hold a conversation and reasoned with, then I hope to hell James Vanderbilt uses two other villains instead.

Nuff Said:word:

I can't wait to see Martha and Billy. In the comics, they were affected by what happen to Dr. Connors and they cried alot, so I really think it would be so cool to see that adapted into the film.

Nope, there was no gore or chicks flashing their boobies in THE BOURNE ULTIMATUM. And that film was PG-13. But what it did have was intelligent and realistic written dialogue, intense and brutal fight scenes (not kicking back on the violence), a coherent story, villain(s) who are life threatening, intense action scenes, NO singing or dancing, NO Rain Drop song, NO cute kids for the sake of being cute, etc. This is what I meant by write the damn thing like adults are watching too.

Right, I agree.

So why are you still asking for an R-Rating?

And while I want to see people die too, why do you want people dying in troves.

Just because someone dies does not mean we care.

If you only have The Lizard going around killing people, they why not just have "Spider-Man VS Freddy"?

He needs to be more than that.

Also, my problem is not that it is a rip off of the Fly. Its that it is a direct one. Of course you can use elements of the Fly, but what you were talking about was just "The Fly" but now he is The Lizard.

Plus, which is what I am writing in mine, instead of Conner's struggling with the animal inside...why not start off with him being in love with the "freedom" and "power" the rDNA process gives him?

I personally like a cross of the ASM #44-45 storyline where he comes to NYC and people think he is Spidey for a time and he breaks Spidey's arm who spends the rest of the storyline a web-sling (literally) and is afraid to go outside because the world knows Spidey has a broken arm. The other story I would take from is in the ASM #360s in the 30th anniversary where Lizard is trying to cure himself via a machine he built but it is really going to kill him and he completely devestates Spidey when he tries to stop him (because Conners cannot rational that Spidey is a friend) and he has the choice to let Conners kill himself, but thinks of Uncle Ben and then Conners' family and how MJ would react if he died; he then nearly kills himself saving Lizard.

Couple that with the threat of Kraven, possibly (I think it should be Lizard alone or with Kraven, but no other villains if no Kraven) trying to come and kill Lizard.

Just my thoughts.

Right, I agree.

So why are you still asking for an R-Rating?

And while I want to see people die too, why do you want people dying in troves.

Just because someone dies does not mean we care.

If you only have The Lizard going around killing people, they why not just have "Spider-Man VS Freddy"?

He needs to be more than that.

Also, my problem is not that it is a rip off of the Fly. Its that it is a direct one. Of course you can use elements of the Fly, but what you were talking about was just "The Fly" but now he is The Lizard.

Plus, which is what I am writing in mine, instead of Conner's struggling with the animal inside...why not start off with him being in love with the "freedom" and "power" the rDNA process gives him?
I was asking for an R-rating, so that the writers and director would produced a mature and mostly adult oriented film, and break the mindset that Spider-Man is a Disney-like property, where everything is watered-down and treated with kid gloves--and never take risk.

I love seeing villains killing innocent people, because there is no going back to anything good for the villain, except in this case, when he chages back to Curt Connors. With Connors having to deal with the aftermath himself and with his family. The Lizard should have no good in him, I want his brain ceased completely by the reptilian side. You don't have to care about these deaths, but you will care about how Connors and his family have to deal with something, that Curt now has no control over.

I'm only talking about using elements from The Fly, there's going to be tons more that doesn't remind people of the Hulk, The Fly or Jekyll and Hyde. There's also going to be a second super-powered villain, that The Fly doesn't have. Hell, some said SM1 and SM2 borrowed elements from both Superman movies story elements. Get used to it, there wouldn't even be a Spider-Man or any other superhero if elelments wasn't taking from somewhere else. Seriously now, who didn't think of Spider-Man when dude started, crawling walls in The Fly. Everyone rips-off someone...err...borrows from someone.

I didn't get that Spidey vs. Jason bit, do you NOT want The Lizard to kill? Villains kill, that what they do, especially, a giant man-sized Lizard creature. As for being more than that, that's why we have Curt Connors. He's the man in which we spend most of the time with and get to know. The only thing I want to know about The Lizard is, you better not be on the streets when he's on them. I wouldn't mind seeing The Lizard kill an entire swat team, who has him cornered in the sewers. And when Spider-Man finally gets there, there's a bunch of dead swat men floating in the water. Next time, bring wood and oil.

I would love for all of this to happen during a blackout in New York City, adding to the scare factor. :cool:

You can have that as well, remember there's going to be a time when Connors just has his arm back and nothing else. But only momentarily.

perhaps borrow a story from the Lizard's earlier, earlier, earlier, earlier years. building a device to turn all of New York into Lizard's so as not to be the only one. Play into the lonliness. He needs companionship.

not that I think it would be that good, mainly because I feel it's too late now for the lizard to be done justice or for any spider-man sequel from here on to do the comic book justice. spider-Man 3 just messed up the storyline too much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"