Most Imposing looking man on the Planet! 400 pounds/ 180kg at only 24 years old!

SuperMike335!!

Sidekick
Reaction score
Can anyone think of roles this guy could be used for in Hollywood?

Obviously he would need acting lessons, but even in non-speaking bit roles his sheer visual presence would be enough to make a scene work.

I saw this guy in Columbus Ohio earlier this year at the Arnold Strongman Classic contest. The biggest most imposing human I have ever seen. He looked around 7ft tall and 4ft wide.

In real life Scary as he looks he is a very friendly guy, and appreciates all the fans of the sport of strongman a great deal.

He is also the youngest man to ever place in the top 3 at the Worlds Strongest Man contest. He is also possibly the largest muscular man on the planet. He is only 24 years old!

Hafþór Júlíus Björnsson, His name is pronounced Ha-Thor goes by the nickname "Thor".

Tattoo on the his right arm is of the Viking gods Odin and Thor.

He is also from Iceland of all places. Gotta be something about those natural hotsprings!

59u2gx.jpg

34yvjgm.jpg

2r5yt6q.jpg

[YT]did6Vd1cvNE[/YT]

[YT]_EnyMoWqVgg&feature=player_embedded[/YT]

He could tow the trailers that the Hollywood talent sleep in.

The next Jaws! The guy with the metal teeth... not the shark.

He'd DEFINITELY be the kind of guy Hollywood goes after for those non-speaking lead thug roles though. When movies still have that.

Last edited:
Extremis Soldier.
Mr. Abramovich (Hammer from Arkham City).

Vince McMahon would love this guy!

"Dude has huge muscles, what comic book character can he play?!"

I'm so glad you people are not casting directors.

"Dude has huge muscles, what comic book character can he play?!"

I'm so glad you people are not casting directors.

Their plots are even better. Now, this dude would make a good Nappa.

It's like Tom Hardy's Bane ****ed Hodor and he's their offspring. :o

You his agent or something?

He should join the WWE. With some practicing of ring work and a manager as a mouth piece (unless he has some mic skills), he'd get a push quickly. Vince McMahon would love him.

I was NOT suggesting roles with lots of speaking lines or main characters (unless he showed talent for it), but as the kind of actor used for the awesome physical sight of them on screen. Fight scenes etc...

In fact there are a plenty of actors you never notice in movies because they are not star actors, but fit into the movie perfectly. You normally do not pay attention to this because they fit the scenes they are in so well. Think opening scene in movie Troy for example. Nathan Jones was only in the movie for a few minutes, did not have any lines, but he made the scene work due to his physical size and build, and the director handled it right.

There are other uses such as how Greg Plitt was the body double for Doctor Manhattan in the watchmen and was enhanced with CG, with actors face added.

You also have giants who do costume work who are simply there for their size. In this case the muscles are there already and they move right, so you don’t get the silly "rubber muscle suit" effect. In this case HafThor can actually move well despite his size, he is quite fast so you don't get the "weighed down" effect of a heavy costume.

HafThor is also almost 7ft so no need to play with perspective to make him look like a giant next to normal size actors. All that is required is heavy makeup for certain monsters characters.

With the case of HafThor he isn’t just any big muscle guy, he is the BiggEST muscular man on the planet. As in the largest man on earth with that kind of muscular look.

I could see him playing a short role as the Executioner in a Thor movie. Only a few minutes for a fight scene but the physical contrast with him and the other actors on screen makes it memorable for their Audience and a character who would normally never make an appearance in a movie can be brought to life for fans.

Again a character like that. One who normally speaks little anyway, and would easily work if handled right, but who would not in general have a chance to be shown to audiences in a movie.

Done properly you get a scene like opening of the movie Troy. Where the sight of the guy creates a huge contrast with the main actor and the scene works right. Nathan Jones since been used in a lot of other movies, but he is getting older and does not have the mass he used to have in his youth.

Nobody is implying a main role like "Bane", I meant more like Rhino as in "Rhino and Mugsy".

I was NOT suggesting roles with lots of speaking lines or main characters (unless he showed talent for it), but as the kind of actor used for the awesome physical sight of them on screen. Fight scenes etc...

In fact there are a plenty of actors you never notice in movies because they are not star actors, but fit into the movie perfectly. You normally do not pay attention to this because they fit the scenes they are in so well. Think opening scene in movie Troy for example. Nathan Jones was only in the movie for a few minutes, did not have any lines, but he made the scene work due to his physical size and build, and the director handled it right.

There are other uses such as how Greg Plitt was the body double for Doctor Manhattan in the watchmen and was enhanced with CG, with actors face added.

You also have giants who do costume work who are simply there for their size. In this case the muscles are there already and they move right, so you don’t get the silly "rubber muscle suit" effect. In this case HafThor can actually move well despite his size, he is quite fast so you don't get the "weighed down" effect of a heavy costume.

HafThor is also almost 7ft so no need to play with perspective to make him look like a giant next to normal size actors. All that is required is heavy makeup for certain monsters characters.

With the case of HafThor he isn’t just any big muscle guy, he is the BiggEST muscular man on the planet. As in the largest man on earth with that kind of muscular look.

I could see him playing a short role as the Executioner in a Thor movie. Only a few minutes for a fight scene but the physical contrast with him and the other actors on screen makes it memorable for their Audience and a character who would normally never make an appearance in a movie can be brought to life for fans.

Again a character like that. One who normally speaks little anyway, and would easily work if handled right, but who would not in general have a chance to be shown to audiences in a movie.

Done properly you get a scene like opening of the movie Troy. Where the sight of the guy creates a huge contrast with the main actor and the scene works right. Nathan Jones since been used in a lot of other movies, but he is getting older and does not have the mass he used to have in his youth.

Nobody is implying a main role like "Bane", I meant more like Rhino as in "Rhino and Mugsy".
you really are his agent

I wish I could say I read that but....

Yeah, he's either you, your brother/friend, you're his agent or you have some creepy man-crush on this guy. :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"