Man of Steel vs Thor TDW, seen 'em both, what do you folks think ? Compare/contrast

This is changing the subject abit but have seen this?

He-Man vs Superman-New 52 Crossover-Rematch ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKC8dFaKxc4

Yeah, magic is one of Superman's several achilles heels. However, when its a mind-controlled Superman, or an
evil clone of Superman, or Ultraman fighting somebody I never take it seriously.
Hell, Batman beat Superman with just a tiny piece of kryptonite when Poison Ivy mind controlled him.

It's different if it's Superman at full strength and in full control. Superman under an evil spell or an evil clone......meh.

Having said that, Superman Prime is a different story, because he's such an *******, but also so powerful.
Probably one of the worst DC villains (worst as in nastiest) after Zoom (who's powerful and a real prick)
and the Joker, who has no powers, but is the worst villain of all.

Anyone who beats up or kills (the guy never stays dead) Superman Prime is okay with me, even if it's Squirrel girl or someone like that
(yes, I know, she's from Marvel).

Still, good art in that comic. Like the new look Skeletor, although I was never really a fan of Masters of the Universe, even back in the day.
Thanks for posting it.

Last edited:
Yeah, magic is one of Superman's several achilles heels. However, when its a mind-controlled Superman, or an
evil clone of Superman, or Ultraman fighting somebody I never take it seriously.
Hell, Batman beat Superman with just a tiny piece of kryptonite when Poison Ivy mind controlled him.

It's different if it's Superman at full strength and in full control. Superman under an evil spell or an evil clone......meh.

Having said that, Superman Prime is a different story, because he's such an *******, but also so powerful.
Probably one of the worst DC villains (worst as in nastiest) after Zoom (who's powerful and a real prick)
and the Joker, who has no powers, but is the worst villain of all.

Anyone who beats up or kills (the guy never stays dead) Superman Prime is okay with me, even if it's Squirrel girl or someone like that
(yes, I know, she's from Marvel).

Still, good art in that comic. Like the new look Skeletor, although I was never really a fan of Masters of the Universe, even back in the day.
Thanks for posting it.

Superman prime was such entertaining villain to me.That guy would cry and then kill,then cry and whine,it was fun reading that stuff.
That was one sick villain.
I got to get some of the back issues.

Of course someone like that should lose in the end,but you did not find his craziness entertaining?:woot:
Come on,you have to admit his stories were crazzzy.

Last edited:
I wonder if superman prime will return in the new 52.

Last edited:
Superman prime was such entertaining villain to me.That guy would cry and then kill,then cry and whine,it was fun reading that stuff.
That was one sick villain.
I got to get some of the back issues.

Of course someone like that should lose in the end,but you did not find his craziness entertaining?:woot:
Come on,you have to admit his stories were crazzzy.

Hmmmm.....maybe ? With a multiverse again, sooner or later I'm sure
he'll rear his ugly head.

His stories are pretty nuts, although if you like evil Superman,
check out Earth 2, Superman has become enslaved by Darkseid and
has gone absolutely nuts, like this....

EARTH2_17_06.jpeg

Kind of like Superman Prime, but Apokolips-i-fied !

I know,i have to check that out when i have the chance.

Marvel Comics Announces New Thor Series with Female God of Thunder

Marvel Comics has revealed this morning that come this October, Thor will no longer be worthy to wield the power of Mjölnir, and instead an all new female Thor will pick up the hammer and take his place as the God of Thunder. The new series, simply titled Thor, will be written by Jason Aaron (Thor: God of Thunder, Original Sin) with art from Russell Dauterman (Cyclops).

“The inscription on Thor’s hammer reads ‘Whosoever holds this hammer, if HE be worthy, shall possess the power of Thor.’ Well it’s time to update that inscription,” Marvel editor Wil Moss said in a statement. “The new Thor continues Marvel’s proud tradition of strong female characters like Captain Marvel, Storm, Black Widow and more. And this new Thor isn’t a temporary female substitute – she’s now the one and only Thor, and she is worthy!”

“This is not She-Thor. This is not Lady Thor. This is not Thorita. This is THOR,” Aaron said. “This is the THOR of the Marvel Universe. But it’s unlike any Thor we’ve ever seen before.”

THOR-001_cover.jpg

Thor-001.jpg
http://www.superherohype.com/news/3...es-new-thor-series-with-female-god-of-thunder

New Female Thor and Avengers Potential Explained

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMG9F-69IlA

Marvel Comics Announces New Thor Series with Female God of Thunder

http://www.superherohype.com/news/3...es-new-thor-series-with-female-god-of-thunder

New Female Thor and Avengers Potential Explained

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMG9F-69IlA

Dude, are you f*&^ing kidding ?

It's like we're going to change everything about the character and still call him by the same name. Marvel really has run out of ideas.

They should take a cue from the Electric red/blue Superman, and just not bother !

I guess I can live with a different person taking over as Superman of Earth 2, and the fact he's not caucasian doesn't really matter, because he's still Kryptonian, and he's still got the values that make Superman...Superman.
In fact he's got ties to Kal El's family. And it's been built up over a credible story arc. So really, it isn't that big a stretch.

But a female Thor ? That's worse than the whole Mandarin plot twist in Iron Man 3. Well that's IMO anyway.

Remember alot folks have problems changing of wally west too.

I don't like the wally west change either,but it looks like the thor name is just a title and it will be a different person.
This change seems more like what happen in earth 2 like you mention because i heard and read that the original thor is still around and will be in the comic with her.
He will not have his hammer but another weapon.
Maybe thor's sister,or someone else,but what DC did with wally west is worst.
Do you agree?

Last edited:
Who Could The New Female Thor Be? - IGN Conversation

[YT]zVSfG_Du_kM[/YT]

Check what some folks are saying here.

Thor replaced by female Thor

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=482907

By the Bristling Beard of Odin! The Thor Thread

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=468365&page=2

I'm not a Thor fan (although I did enjoy Simonson's Thor in the 80's) but this doesn't seem like a sensible direction for the character.

Why not have an all new female asgardian character who can carry a book by herself ?

If Superman switches gender (for more than a couple of issues) I'd be annoyed.
I mean, that's why they have Power Girl and Supergirl , right ?
Oh yeah, and Wonder Woman.
Give female characters their own stories.

Last edited:
So is her name also Thor..?

If not, then she's not "the new Thor". She's the new God of Thunder.

COMICS:
Marvel Announces New AVENGERS NOW! Initiative

We all (pretty much) knew the Captain America announcement was coming, but there's a lot more to it! Along with reinventions for Cap and Thor, Iron Man will soon be "Superior Iron Man", and the Avengers team will look a whole lot different. More past the jump.

Joe Quesada just appeared on the Colbert Report to announce our new Captain America, but there's a lot more going on too -- EW have revealed that Sam Wilson taking over the Cap mantle is only one of the big changes coming our way in the pages of Marvel Comics. The plan is to roll out a third wave of the Marvel NOW! initiative this fall, with Iron Man, Captain America and Thor all getting new #1 issues, and more focus being placed on the likes of Doctor Strange, Ant-Man and Scarlet Witch who are all set to appear in upcoming Marvel Studios movies. Also, as you can see from the image below, it would seem that Angela is not the new female Thor as we'd thought. The site report that a renewed focus will also be placed on Medusa, Inferno, Deathlok and the Winter Soldier, with more than ten titles (not all necessarily solo) already in the planning stages. We'll hear more about all of this throughout Comic-Con, but for now what do you guys think of the changes?

Superior Iron Man #1 sends Tony Stark to San Francisco with a new outfit and a new perspective on life. “The Genius Bar costume is there for a reason,” Marvel editor-in-chief Axel Alonso tells EW. “The newly-transformed Superior Iron Man has very ambitious plans for the city that some of its residents embrace, but not all. Like the Superior Spider-Man, Superior Iron Man is a character that’s hard to root for.” The series is written by Tom Taylor and drawn by In a series written by Tom Taylor and drawn by Yildiray Cinar.

avengers-now_1000x791.jpg

Bst7rv7CAAAn15W.jpg:large
COMICS: Marvel Announces New AVENGERS NOW! Initiative

COMICS:
Marvel Announces New AVENGERS NOW! Initiative

COMICS: Marvel Announces New AVENGERS NOW! Initiative

Dude, I'm on board for an Afro-American Captain America or a Hispanic Cap, or best of all, a Native American Captain America.
Also, Sam Wilson is a good choice to replace Steve, a very natural successor.

Why the hell not ! The idea should be that Cap is a symbol not just a guy,
it's about time that Cap stopped looking like the master race.

(Interesting comparison, Superman could pass for a number of ethnic backgrounds, Steve Rogers.....not so much).

As for Marvel's other changes.......welll I've always liked Dr. Strange, but otherwise ....yawn ! I mean Medusa ? Come on.

Deathlok had a cool run back in the 90's, well drawn and action packed, very enjoyable.

Otherwise, the whole female Thor thing..... not my cup of tea.

A New Superman Rises on Earth 2

[YT]ukh816IvZPY[/YT]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"