• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Most stupid Achilles Heal

Whirlysplat

Superhero
Joined
Apr 9, 2006
Messages
5,414
Reaction score
0
Points
31
Most stupid Achilles Heel

Supes has Kryptonite, Red Sun Radiation and Magic although these are getting less. Wolverine and Deathstroke have little girls, Batman has Robin, Thor and Wonderwoman have normal bullets, Human Torch has Water, Iron man Booze.

Most heroes have a weakness

Whose is the most stupid?

- Whirly
 
"Heel" not "heal."
 
DBM said:
"Heel" not "heal."

You're not a heel are you? I accept your point and have corrected it, poor spelling happens, especially after you have been marking all day:)
Let us heal from this.

- Whirly
 
The idea of Wolverine's weakness being little girls is unsettling in many,many ways.
 
Tell that to Shadowcat, Jubilee, X-23, and Ultimate Jean Grey and Rogue.
 
bored said:
Tell that to Shadowcat, Jubilee, X-23, and Ultimate Jean Grey and Rogue.

It's funny because it's just so true :)

- Whirly
 
Whirlysplat said:
Your not a heel are you? I accept your point and have corrected it, poor spelling happens, especially after you have been marking all day:)
Let us heal from this.

- Whirly

"You're", not "your". :p
 
euroq said:
"You're", not "your". :p

good point as well, corrected. you are = you're. We are all picky today "aren't" we. :)

- Whirly
 
Thor's not vulnerable to bullets, as far as I know. His "weakness" for most of his existence was turning back into his mortal form if he was separated from Mjolnir for over 60 seconds.

As far as the dumbest, I'd have to go with Alan Scott. It's not just that he's vulnerable to wood, which is everywhere, it's that outside of that weakness he's arguably the most powerful Lantern around. It kind of sucks to go from closing wormholes with his mind one minute to writhing on the ground in pain the next because someone threw a toothpick at him. :(
 
TheCorpulent1 said:
Thor's not vulnerable to bullets, as far as I know. His "weakness" for most of his existence was turning back into his mortal form if he was separated from Mjolnir for over 60 seconds.

As far as the dumbest, I'd have to go with Alan Scott. It's not just that he's vulnerable to wood, which is everywhere, it's that outside of that weakness he's arguably the most powerful Lantern around. It kind of sucks to go from closing wormholes with his mind one minute to writhing on the ground in pain the next because someone threw a toothpick at him. :(

Actually on a number of occasions Thor has been shot, I will dig out issues by the end of the week.

Agreed about the wood.

- Whirly
 
There's this one guy, whose name I forget, but he is invulnerable to everything except for leafy vegetables and wicker furniture.
He was one of the Mystery Men... yeah.

My all-time favorite weaknesses include:

Speedy(he will always be Speedy)'s greatest weakness is, of course, heroin, a fact that I somehow find to be cripplingly hilarious

And the Invincible Iron Man was defeated by a couple dry martinis
 
Whirlysplat said:
Actually on a number of occasions Thor has been shot, I will dig out issues by the end of the week.
I remember seeing Thor lose [SIZE=-1] consciousness for a moment when he was shot in the middle of his forehead. Might have been in Priest's Black Panther run. :confused: [/SIZE]

I can understand if Thor fans want to ignore that. :)
 
TheCorpulent1 said:
Thor's not vulnerable to bullets, as far as I know. His "weakness" for most of his existence was turning back into his mortal form if he was separated from Mjolnir for over 60 seconds.

As far as the dumbest, I'd have to go with Alan Scott. It's not just that he's vulnerable to wood, which is everywhere, it's that outside of that weakness he's arguably the most powerful Lantern around. It kind of sucks to go from closing wormholes with his mind one minute to writhing on the ground in pain the next because someone threw a toothpick at him. :(
Didn't Hal Jordon have the colour yellow?
 
euroq said:
I remember seeing Thor lose [SIZE=-1] consciousness for a moment when he was shot in the middle of his forehead. Might have been in Priest's Black Panther run. :confused: [/SIZE]

I can understand if Thor fans want to ignore that. :)

I remember that and the chain guns on a group of planes kept knocking him back and caused welts on his skin. I also remember a very old issue when he guested with the FF or they guested with him and he got shot and had his arm in a sling. He spins the hammer for a reason.
I can also understand Thor fans ignoring these issues my friend :)

- Whirly
 
I think Spidey's is the most silly. How can a genius continually forget to bring enough web fluid? Makes you wonder how many times a week he walks out without his wallet, or even his pants. :down
 
Well, there's only so much he can carry with him. I mean, his costume doesn't have any pockets.
 
Whirlysplat said:
I remember that and the chain guns on a group of planes kept knocking him back and caused welts on his skin. I also remember a very old issue when he guested with the FF or they guested with him and he got shot and had his arm in a sling. He spins the hammer for a reason.
I can also understand Thor fans ignoring these issues my friend :)

- Whirly
Thor writers seem to ignore those issues as well. Thor's survived much worse than bullets on numerous occasions, including nukes and a dip in the sun. It's just more inconsistency on the part of the canon.
Flame on! said:
Didn't Hal Jordon have the colour yellow?
Yeah, people could even just paint things yellow and he'd be totally unable to affect them. But yellow wasn't used directly against him as often as wood has been against Alan. Mr. Terrific once took Alan down by blowing a mist of wood particles in his face. :(
 
TheCorpulent1 said:
Thor writers seem to ignore those issues as well. Thor's survived much worse than bullets on numerous occasions, including nukes and a dip in the sun. It's just more inconsistency on the part of the canon.

Yeah, people could even just paint things yellow and he'd be totally unable to affect them. But yellow wasn't used directly against him as often as wood has been against Alan. Mr. Terrific once took Alan down by blowing a mist of wood particles in his face. :(

Thor's also been not killed by Kurse, Surtur, Ymir, and Ulik, for what it's worth.
 
Exactly. It's a shame, but Thor really is one of the least consistent characters in comics. As I mentioned, he's been tossed into the sun and survived without much harm, but during his first real fight against Beta Ray Bill he lost because the heat of the volcano they were fighting in left him weakened while it didn't faze Bill's cybernetically enhanced body. I read that and I was like, "Bwha?" :confused:
 
By far the worst was the Green Lantern (think it was Alan Scott?) who's ring didn't work on yellow.
 
That was all of the Silver Age Green Lanterns, actually. Alan Scott is the Golden Age GL whose powers don't work on wood.
 
Over 20 posts and nobody has yet mentioned Martian Manhunters weakness against fire?
The most powerful being on Earth (except Spectre and the like) and you can stop him with a box of matches. :)

But, that's not the stupidest one IMO, the Green Lantern weakness against yellow takes that prize. There wasn't even any explanation for it.
It was just there to give villains a fighting chance against GL. It took almost 50 years before somebody came up with a reason.
Atleast MM's weakness against fire could be understandable, but having a color as a weakness is just too stupid.
 
It took about 50 years for someone to come up with a reason for MM's fire weakness also.
 
Lackey said:
It took about 50 years for someone to come up with a reason for MM's fire weakness also.

On one of the JL cartoon episodes, it was revealed that his family had died in a fire, leaving the viewer under the impression that the weakness is psychological in nature.
 
Lackey said:
It took about 50 years for someone to come up with a reason for MM's fire weakness also.
Kelly's ancient Burning Martian thing was the first time it was ever explained? :eek:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"