Movie Assassin Showdown I: Leon Vs Anton Chigurh

Noir

Avenger
Reaction score
Okay. This is how it breaks down, well all know character battles so I'm offering what could possibly be the coolest showdown ever:

Leon - The Professional - Jean Reno:

up-leon_the_professional.jpg

500.jpg

Leon22.jpg

VS

Anton Chigurh - No Country for Old Men - Javier Bardem
photo_04.jpg

2.jpg

ncfom7.jpg

i say Leon. Anton Chigurh is badass, but he didn't do half of the stuff that Leon did in their respective movies. i doubt Chigurh would be able to sneak up behind a man with only a knife at his disposal.

Leon mainly because he was here first.

Chigurh is pretty cool but I won't vote for someone who doesn't have a problem killing woman, which is safe to assume he probably wouldn't mind killing kids for that matter.

Also, like Dorkyfresh said...Leon has some F***ing Moves in that film!

"The closer you get to being a pro, the closer you can get to the client. The knife, for example, is the last thing you learn."

Now that's a badass who knows his ****.

I've been trying to figure out who to vote for, I love both movies but its leaning towards Leon just because I could watch that movie over and over forever..
I'd actually think it would be cool to make a sequel to "Leon" and it could be about Matilda following on and taking up the mantle.

that would be interesting, but Matilda wouldn't be nearly as cool simply because Natalie Portman doesn't look as dangerous and mysterious as Jean Reno.

Well if were judging character's I choose Chigurh. Because he is the essence walking death on earth. That is far more better than just an immigrant hitman.

On the other hand i love the character of Leon and i love his style and technique as a hitman so i choose him for the better Hitman.

Either way it would be a hell of a match up.

I think the next match up will be The Tremor Brothers VS Vincent and Jules

pure evil and the personification of death: anton.

pure skill and know how and: leon.

apples and oranges.

but if oneof them were after me i would rather it be leon.

Leon, he is just one of my favourite characters just like the movie itself.

Whos the better assassin?
....Anton. Seriously, he has NO emotions whatsoever. Where as Leon does, in The Professional he is a sympathetic charecter. Anton is just plain evil.
He killed

An innocent bird!!an innocent bird!!!!!......

oh...and the lady :hehe:

Whos the better assassin?
....Anton. Seriously, he has NO emotions whatsoever. Where as Leon does, in The Professional he is a sympathetic charecter. Anton is just plain evil.
He killed

An innocent bird!!an innocent bird!!!!!......

oh...and the lady :hehe:
He didn't kill the bird, it flew away and he gave that lady the chance to coin-toss for her life. :hehe:

I'm going to say Anton Chigurh.

Like someone said, he is just plain evil. No emotion and that is what you need to have to be an assassin.

Plus, his weapons, man, they are sick. The CO2 tank. Now that is crazy. Plus, I like his shotgun. That thing is amazing.

And his classic coin-toss. What a way to find out who to kill.

no emotion doesn't necessarily equal a better assassin...

...in fact, in my mind, Anton Chigurh is more of a straight killer than an assassin. it seems like he'll kill anyone he needs to in order to get what he needs, where as Leon doesn't kill unnecessarily. so imo, Chigurh = killer, Leon = assassin.

that would be interesting, but Matilda wouldn't be nearly as cool simply because Natalie Portman doesn't look as dangerous and mysterious as Jean Reno.

Well, Leon didn't look all that dangerous or mysterious, either. Seeing him in action is where that all paid off. Enough training and Portman could be positively badass!

no emotion doesn't necessarily equal a better assassin...

...in fact, in my mind, Anton Chigurh is more of a straight killer than an assassin. it seems like he'll kill anyone he needs to in order to get what he needs, where as Leon doesn't kill unnecessarily. so imo, Chigurh = killer, Leon = assassin.

Well, with no emotion you get the job done, no hesitation to kill anyone, be it man, woman, or child. And a killer can be anyone, a killer is anyone. People actually pay Chigurh to do what he does, ergo, assassin. Maybe he's not as sneaky and all that, but he's an assassin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"