Movie Trailers that Were Better than the Movie

That-Guy

Avenger
Reaction score
Ever seen a trailer that was SO effective that you thought to yourself after seeing it, "WOW, this movie is going to be awesome! Everything about it looks perfect!" And then you see the movie, and you're disappointed, either because the movie wasn't very good, or it simply wasn't what you expected? Here are a few examples for me...

Troy - had one of the most amazing trailers I've ever seen. I must have watched it 100 times. But the movie, while decent, didn't live up to the expectations I had, mostly from how perfect the trailer looked. In this case, I think it had a lot to do with the score. The music in the trailer was great, but Horner's crappy thrown-together-at-the-last minute score for Troy just flat-out sucked.

Australia - Again, partially a score issue... the music in both trailers was fantastic, but the score in the movie was flat and boring. The film was good, but not GREAT, as the trailer seemed to suggest.

The Matrix Reloaded - Well, okay, I think that I'd have been super-hyped for this film (and ultimately disappointed by how weak it was) even if I hadn't seen a trailer, but you have to admit it looked great in that preview. Too bad the movie was a mess.

superman returns

that 1st teaser was awesome

X-men 3....one of the best movie trailers ever and THE most disappointing film of 2006.
Also the animated film Renaissance looked awesome but the film was so stupid and a waste of life.

X-men 3, Matrix Revolutions, Spider-man 3

ha basically all the 3's

Yeah, why does part 3 always seem to suck? I guess The Return of the King and Return of the Jedi will forever be the only exceptions to that rule (though I loathe the Ewoks).

Yeah, why does part 3 always seem to suck? I guess The Return of the King and Return of the Jedi will forever be the only exceptions to that rule (though I loathe the Ewoks).
The ewoks are really what prevented Return of Jedi from being on par with the first two films.

Maybe three-quels will have better luck putting "return" in their titles :hehe:

The ewoks are really what prevented Return of Jedi from being on par with the first two films.

LOL yeah... if "revenge" is there instead, beware. :hehe:

Smokin' Aces, one of the coolest trailers and one of the worst movies I've ever seen.

The trailer for Mr. Beans Holiday was funny but when I watched it, the movie sucked, they basically took all the few funny bits from the movie and crammed it up in the trailer.

Last edited:

"the dark knight returns" ehhhhh?

White Noise. That trailer creeped the hell out of me, but man, that movie was pathetic. Poor Michael Keaton. He's such a talented actor but he's made some BAD choices.

The Village-

Such a creepy trailer and idea for a film. Did not fulfill what it promised

Sin City

not a bad movie, but that trailer was something else.

The Village-

Such a creepy trailer and idea for a film. Did not fulfill what it promised

Good call. I'd like to add "The Happening" as well.

Though I should have known it sucked the moment I saw Mark Wahlberg.

Terminator Salvation... not by much though.... as in the movie was great but not excelent

Terminator 3's first full CGI teaser (Liquid metal forming a 'T' as the Danny Elfman music plays and a part of it shatters into a '3') .... EFFING EPIC!!!
But the movie sucked ... hard

Last edited:
Good call. I'd like to add "The Happening" as well.

Though I should have known it sucked the moment I saw Mark Wahlberg.

oh yeah, that trailer was really good actually made me believe for a second this film was going to be M.Nights comeback. Especially the beginning with the people falling from the building.

oh yeah, that trailer was really good actually made me believe for a second this film was going to be M.Nights comeback. Especially the beginning with the people falling from the building.

Yeah. I mean, the thought of something like that happening (no pun intended) is creepy as hell. The reasoning given in the movie wasn't bad, I suppose, but I just think he didn't present it right. I'm not sure how it could have been done better, but I'm sure there was a way. Still, maybe it was just ruined for me because of Wahlberg's horrible, horrible acting. I swear, I'll never watch another one of his movies again unless I know that he'll be carrying a gun. That guy can't do anything else.

Spiderman 3...this movie by far, it looked like a really dark and awesome movie...sigh! What could have been.

The Village & the happening

PotC 2&3

Dodgeball

Yeah. I mean, the thought of something like that happening (no pun intended) is creepy as hell. The reasoning given in the movie wasn't bad, I suppose, but I just think he didn't present it right. I'm not sure how it could have been done better, but I'm sure there was a way. Still, maybe it was just ruined for me because of Wahlberg's horrible, horrible acting. I swear, I'll never watch another one of his movies again unless I know that he'll be carrying a gun. That guy can't do anything else.

I think he just took it in the wrong direction. The beginning was fine with stuff "happening" in the cities. The death scenes were very well done especially the gun scene. I just wished he kept the scale large throughout the whole film instead of following a pack of people out in the middle of nowhere PA. Maybe a couple different twist and different characters, I dont know. When Mark met the hotdog guy i knew this film was doomed.

I think he just took it in the wrong direction. The beginning was fine with stuff "happening" in the cities. The death scenes were very well done especially the gun scene. I just wished he kept the scale large throughout the whole film instead of following a pack of people out in the middle of nowhere PA. Maybe a couple different twist and different characters, I dont know. When Mark met the hotdog guy i knew this film was doomed.

Yeah, scenes like the one where the people were stuck in traffic and the guy just starts shooting people where great. But as it went on, the movie crumbled. The part where they were running through the field trying to "escape the wind" was just pathetic.

BATMAN & ROBIN. The trailer hinted at a much more dramatic, powerful film with fewer puns.

I'll echo the thoughts of X3
such an amazzinngg trailer :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"