Movies marvel should make

MENTALLECT

Civilian
Reaction score
The really good superhero movies seem to all have funny and interesting characters. Iron Man and Spiderman come to mind first. I think a movie starring Deadpool "Wade Wilson" would be very entertaining and successful.

Are there any superhero movies you want to see made?

There *is* a Deadpool movie in development, but it belongs to Fox (as do all X-Men related characters), not Marvel Studios.

No solid release date yet, but news keeps popping up sporadically. Maybe someday. ;)

I would Love to see a Movie done on Maya Lopez aka ECHO/Ronin... I loved the character in the comics, the way she was introduced was real promising, but it just seemed like marvel didn't know what to do with her which was a shame...

The movie should definitely be a revenge type thriller, but have the Audience think that Ronin and Echo are two different characters, then only reveal at the end that they actually one in the same... The film should be a character driven story almost like a mash up between The Black Swan and The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo.
Ronin+Echo+Maya+Lopez+Rooney+Mara+Ashley+Greene.png

Click here to see more Marvel character and cast picks http://filmraps.blogspot.com/2012/05/future-marvel-character-and-cast-picks.html

I want solo movies for Ms. Marvel, Black Widow, She Hulk and Spider-Woman! Girl power!

Agreed about a She Hulk property but I reckon it would be wasted as a movie. Make it a tv series!

In my heart of hearts, I would love to see a Marvel 1602 series. That would be incredible.

I still want to see Iron Man - Demon in a bottle, Captain America: Red White and Black and Planet Hulk. I also really yearn for an Inhumans movie because I think they have heaps of potential as well as increasing diversity, which is important.

Black Panther movies and Doctor Strange go without saying. Still waiting for that Silver Surfer movie Fox!

Captain America: Red White and Black I think Will Smith would go for that one. And he's fully capable of doing a movie where he doesn't say "Aw, hell naw." So don't even bring it up.

I want solo movies for Ms. Marvel, Black Widow, She Hulk and Spider-Woman! Girl power!

All those minus She Hulk, that woman gets on my nerves for some reason. I'd like a Luke Cage and Iron Fist movie (not too bothered about Heroes for Hire).
And if I'm wishing, a New Avengers movie....

If Marvel ever gets the rights to Spider-man back, I would love to see him and the Punisher face off on film. To me, one of the most interesting things about The Punisher, is how heroes view his actions, and to me that conflict between right and wrong, would translate pretty well on film.

Can we forget Ray Park ever played Toad and use him for an Iron Fist movie? I'd love to see him punch the heart of a dragon or somethin'.

Ghost Rider. Marvel had a great opportunity to do something with the ultimate fringe genre, edge character and BLEW it in the last movie. The character needs to be rebooted by Marvel studios.

Ghost Rider. Marvel had a great opportunity to do something with the ultimate fringe genre, edge character and BLEW it in the last movie. The character needs to be rebooted by Marvel studios.

Main problem was Nic Cage. I mean I know he is a HUGE comic fan and probably did the movie for free but good lordy that was bad casting.

Power Man and Iron Fist would be my first choice.

Terry Crews as Luke
tumblr_m2th6jeb2x1r9emg8o1_1280.jpg

Matt Mullins as Iron Fist

Matt-Mullins-and-Iron-Fist.jpg

I'd like Marvel to expand beyond the standard superhero film. They can start making films of comic characters who aren't necessarily super powered. These won't be in place of the big summer blockbusters, but could be put out other times of the year, just like other studios do.

That way we could see some character pieces and dramas which we might not otherwise get to see within the confines of a summer blockbuster. Something like Demon in a Bottle is a great Iron Man storyline, but parts of it might be inappropriate and too downbeat for a summer movie. But for other times of the year, in a more straight up drama, it might work.

We could also get some rom coms revolving around certain couples.

Or perhaps even some spy/ secret agent flicks. One with Coulson as the main protagonist would've been great had he not died. Imagine expanding on those Marvel Shorts with him.

If Marvel owned Spider-Man, there could be a Daily Bugle movie thriller where one of the employees discovers a groundbreaking story that someone (eg SHIELD, SWORD etc) wants to kill.

I think it would just be cool to see all these other types of movies which the general public might not know are actually based on a comic, but feature these comic characters.

She-hulk, spider-woman and maybe taskmaster in captain America.

My dream (but attempting to be realistic) scenario for their upcoming slate, not counting their already-announced projects:

Black Panther
written/directed by Neill Blomkamp. While he's not from the part of Africa that the film would take place in, I still feel he'd be able to add a level of authenticity to the film that wouldn't otherwise be there, and we know he can work a budget and make a kick-ass, visually-appealing action film. Starring Chiwetel Ejiofor.

Dr. Strange
written/directed by Rian Johnson. He's a great writer whose movies have a certain quirkiness (both in the writing and visuals) that would be needed for Dr. Strange, imo. And since he's now covering more ambitious sci-fi/action ground with Looper, it seems to me like the perfect time to get him into the blockbuster game. Starring any of these guys: Johnny Depp, Benedict Cumberbatch, Liam Neeson, Lee Pace, Jean Dujardin, Joel Edgerton or Oscar Isaac.

Captain Marvel/Ms. Marvel
written by Joss Whedon and Drew Goddard, Directed by Drew Goddard. As a writer, Goddard wrote some of the best episodes of Buffy not written by Whedon himself. He's got no problem handling strong female protagonists (later backed up by his work on other shows like Alias, Angel and Lost). As a director, he made one hell of an impressive debut with Cabin in the Woods, proving he can handle a small budget, visual fx, and a tricky tonal balance with ease. And if this film would be a lead-in to another Whedon-helmed Avengers saga like I would hope it to be, Goddard and Whedon are already of a similar mind with similar sensibilities, so it would almost certainly be the smoothest transition ever. Starring Charlize Theron.

And for the record, though I didn't list it up there, I would want Whedon to co-write the stories (not the screenplays except Ms Marvel) with these writer/directors, just to make sure the plot/timeline MCU remains as cohesive as possible while allowing the filmmakers to still assert their individual personalities and visions on their installments.

Last edited:
My dream (but attempting to be realistic) scenario for their upcoming slate, not counting their already-announced projects:

Black Panther
written/directed by Neill Blomkamp. While he's not from the part of Africa that the film would take place in, I still feel he'd be able to add a level of authenticity to the film that wouldn't otherwise be there, and we know he can work a budget and make a kick-ass, visually-appealing action film. Starring Chiwetel Ejiofor.

Dr. Strange
written/directed by Rian Johnson. He's a great writer whose movies have a certain quirkiness (both in the writing and visuals) that would be needed for Dr. Strange, imo. And since he's now covering more ambitious sci-fi/action ground with Looper, it seems to me like the perfect time to get him into the blockbuster game. Starring any of these guys: Johnny Depp, Benedict Cumberbatch, Liam Neeson, Lee Pace, Jean Dujardin, Joel Edgerton or Oscar Isaac.

Captain Marvel/Ms. Marvel
written by Joss Whedon and Drew Goddard, Directed by Drew Goddard. As a writer, Goddard wrote some of the best episodes of Buffy not written by Whedon himself. He's got no problem handling strong female protagonists (later backed up by his work on other shows like Alias, Angel and Lost). As a director, he made one hell of an impressive debut with Cabin in the Woods, proving he can handle a small budget, visual fx, and a tricky tonal balance with ease. And if this film would be a lead-in to another Whedon-helmed Avengers saga like I would hope it to be, Goddard and Whedon are already of a similar mind with similar sensibilities, so it would almost certainly be the smoothest transition ever. Starring Charlize Theron.

And for the record, though I didn't list it up there, I would want Whedon to co-write the stories (not the screenplays except Ms Marvel) with these writer/directors, just to make sure the plot/timeline MCU remains as cohesive as possible while allowing the filmmakers to still assert their individual personalities and visions on their installments.

I love all of this.

That's why it pains me that it'll never happen at Marvel Studios.

A Blomkamp-directed CBM would be a wet dream. Or one by Rian Johnson. But MS doesn't like [to pay] for visionaries.

After Whedon, they went right back to their old tricks with nobodies like Alan Taylor and those writers from THE OFFICE (Jesus Henry Christ).

I would love a GOTG film by Duncan Jones or a Punisher film by Nick Refn, but it'll never happen.

Squirrel Girl! Outside of that, I want to see a Black Widow film, a film based on Ultimates 2: Grand Theft America (they could suvstitute another villain for Loki.) in addition, Man-Thing, Black Panther, a film on WWII in the MCU would be awesome starring The Howling Commandoes along with Namor and the original Torch.

I'd like to see an animated Marvel Zombies

World War Hulk

Moon Knight without a doubt

Deadpool

X-Force - The original Rob Liefeld characters. I'm all about nostalgia

Moon Knight
Punisher-Tv Series
Iron Fist
She-Hulk
Spider-Woman

Nova -> To make a better Green Lantern

Moon Knight -> To make a competing Batman, alternative to Daredevil whose rights is with Fox

Namor -> To one up Aquaman

Quicksilver -> To one up the Flash

:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"