Movies: The first time you hated, then later loved.

I agree 1000% with Solidus's remarks of Quantum of Solace.

I too was amazed by it. I really did not like it at first. And I remember people telling me to watch CR right before but I did not think I needed to. But when watched back to back. It changes it all.

Juno.

I was pretty disappointed in it when I saw it in the theater, after all it had been built up. And I was later dismayed that it won all those undeserved screenplay awards. But several months later, my brother bought the DVD and we watched it a couple times, and I found myself enjoying it quite a bit more. As far as how good a movie it is, it still has some writing issues and didn't deserve those awards, but the extent to which I was entertained by it grew over time.

Bridge to Terabithia

Thought it was another horrible CGI mess like the Spiderwick Chronicles or Jamunji. I was wrong, it's not bad at all.

The Punisher film with Thomas Jane. When I first saw it, I thought it was very tame and slow compared to what I was expecting out of it. But when I rewatched it with my family later the emotion behind some of the scenes hit me. It's now my favorite film version of the Punisher to date.

Pulp Fiction. I don't even remember why I disliked it. Maybe I was disappointed or maybe I approached it with the wrong attitude. Either way, when I later rewatched it with some fans several years later I absolutely loved it.

Anchorman: The legend of ...Ron Burgundy?

Public Enemies

HP: Order of the Phoenix.

I was never a Harry Potter fan, I just like the films, and when I first saw the films I categorized it as another fun, kid adventure fantasy type of film, so that's what I am expecting for every next film. Then OOTP came, and when I first saw it I thought it was just boooring compared to others.

I rewatched it a couple of years later and I found that I like it, one of the mature films of Harry Potter series next to Half Blood Prince.

Pulp Fiction. I don't even remember why I disliked it. Maybe I was disappointed or maybe I approached it with the wrong attitude. Either way, when I later rewatched it with some fans several years later I absolutely loved it.

Pulp Fiction is one for me, while I can't say I love the movie now, I like it better than the first time I saw it.

Another is the Breakfast Club, saw it for the first time in Health class going into my freshmen year of high school. Had some horrible stomach issues going on the days we watched it and just hated the movie mostly for being associated the those issues. Watching it again, don't think it's as bad as I originally thought, but still don't understand all the praise it generates.

Empire Strikes Back

Now keep in mind I was about 4 when I first saw this film on taped VHS. Didn't hate it, but it was my least favorite of the three movies, and I like most kids, loved Return of the Jedi with the teddy bear army. Suffice to say my opinions since have changed dramatically.

That was exactly my view to the franchise too. But now since watching it in my 20's I think its by far the best of the franchise.

The Godfather. :csad:

I was like 11 or something when I watched it for the first time on cable and was bored to tears. I think I turned it off like 2/3 through. I watched it again a couple years ago and finally figured out why everyone called it the best movie ever made. I was in awe.

Pulp Fiction is one for me, while I can't say I love the movie now, I like it better than the first time I saw it.

Another is the Breakfast Club, saw it for the first time in Health class going into my freshmen year of high school. Had some horrible stomach issues going on the days we watched it and just hated the movie mostly for being associated the those issues. Watching it again, don't think it's as bad as I originally thought, but still don't understand all the praise it generates.

It's essentially the message that Hughes was trying to get out there. That everyone is flawed and has issues and that staying in clicks or not hanging out with someone who could turn out to be cool is incredibly ignorant.

It's one of the best teen films because of that reason alone, the emotion and opening up at the end is great in my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"