Mr. Action and Superman's Pal: Skyler Gisondo IS Jimmy Olsen

Lily Adler

#forthecontent! 📹 (she/her)
Staff member
Reaction score
Your thread for Superman's Pal.

It would be nice if they actually cast a younger actor for this, someone in their early 20s, instead of just casting someone who is almost the same age as Clark and Lois and be done with it.

I sort of picture him being pretty much an intern working at the Daily Planet late into his final year of or just right out of college. Jimmy is traditionally usually much more on the younger side of things in the comics. He should represent that naivety and wide-eyed wonder of being amazed and in awe of Superman whenever he appears on screen and looking up to him, someone whose spirit hasn’t been completely crushed by the weight and cynicism of the world, and is open to hope and possibilities. You can’t get that if you cast someone who is in their mid to late 30s. People at that age are typically too cynical and distrusting of the world, and having a late 30-something being the representation of young, untainted fandom would just come off as weird.

I know the perfect guy:

archies-abs-8.gif

:o

I'm sure this is a joke but which fanfiction community am I breaking the heart of?
Oh I think you know which fanfiction shippers I'm talking about in this context. :o

Paul Dano would've been my choice a while ago, but I'm glad he did Riddler instead.

Whoever we get should not be too cool.

Paul Dano would've been my choice a while ago, but I'm glad he did Riddler instead.

Whoever we get should not be too cool.
Well the Reevesverse is separate from the DCCU. ;)

Kind of curious about the age range we land on for Jimmy if Clark is late 20s/early 30s.

Just out of high school, maybe?

Kind of curious about the age range we land on for Jimmy if Clark is late 20s/early 30s.

Just out of high school, maybe?
Jimmy is an intern who becomes a photojournalist for the Daily Planet?

Caleb McLaughlin, 21
Skylar Gisondo 26
Tony Revolori, 26
Justice Smith, 27
Anthony Ramos, 31

Joe Kerry is probably older than the actor they will cast as Superman

Joe Kerry is probably older than the actor they will cast as Superman
You just don't want Jimmy to have good hair. :o

I guess one of the kids from IT then. How about that one who did that haunted iPhone movie?

Should Jimmy be the same age as Clark or should he be younger?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"