Mr. Freeze in Reeves' Batuniverse

Imagine this guy playing Penguin's personal Hitman known as "Mr.Freeze"

Should "Nora" be saved in the end ?

Or should she die ?

Should "Nora" be saved in the end ?

Or should she die ?

Neither. I'd actually really like it if Freeze's ultimate fate is essentially Bruce funding Freeze's attempts to save his wife, albeit supervised and with Freeze still technically in custody. It'd be a great culmination of Bruce's arc where he learns to be more compassionate.

I feel like that kinda hurts Mr Freeze as a character.

But I'd be open to it if they drew a parrel to how both Victor and Bruce respond to there loosing someone they loved.

Neither. I'd actually really like it if Freeze's ultimate fate is essentially Bruce funding Freeze's attempts to save his wife, albeit supervised and with Freeze still technically in custody. It'd be a great culmination of Bruce's arc where he learns to be more compassionate.

This would be ideal to me.

He's great. I wasn't a big fan of Jerry West, but Clarke is so entertaining as him. Should get him an Emmy nod.
How could you not like the logo? Third best SG ever. And the best player who became GM ever too.

How could you not like the logo? Third best SG ever. And the best player who became GM ever too.

Maybe "not a big fan" was the wrong wording, I mean I wasn't that familiar with him (although, he did pry Kawhi away from my Raptors, so there's that).

Maybe "not a big fan" was the wrong wording, I mean I wasn't that familiar with him (although, he did pry Kawhi away from my Raptors, so there's that).
Nah Kawhi did that. He never wanted to be there to begin with.

Coleman Domingo would be so badass... saw that suggestion, this weekend.

Would anyone of you be down on seeing a Mr Freeze series focused on the love story between Victor and Nora?

Would anyone of you be down on seeing a Mr Freeze series focused on the love story between Victor and Nora?

Nah. Completely unnecessary. We don't need long-form series or stories for every minor plot point or character background.

yeah it's unnecessary but i'd still watch it lol

This. Its not about "Is this necessary". Necessary for what? None of these things are "necessary". Batman movies aren't "necessary". Its about whether it would be a good basis for an entertaining story.

That said, I think a continuing series focused solely on *any* actual Batman villain is kind of silly. A single story could work, sure, but ultimately these are supporting characters who exist in relation to Batman. If you want to do more than a one-shot, you need to relate them to *other* characters. . . at which point Batman should be involved.

This:

protective-cryo-suit-500x500.jpg

Plus this:

chara_fury_pic.gif

I read a thread a while ago from someone else talking about how Mr.Freeze should be a hitman for penguin. He would wear regular suburban dad clothes, oldschool glasses, and be a physically intimidating guy. Also during the job he would be wearing just a suit and after his killings he dumps the bodies on ice cream trucks and leaves them in freezers to decompose. After that, he becomes famous in Gotham for his brutal hits and the mob starts calling him "Mr.Freeze".

His name would be Victor Schivel and he is American with German or Austrian descent, so he has that european look. Personality wise he is a friggin psycho. Even Penguin is afraid of him. Victor would kill anyone to save his sick wife. He has no remorse for killing, he'll use the most insane and creative techniques to murder. He kinda likes it, makes him feel powerful. As how this would be tied to Batman? Maybe penguin sends Victor to do one last kill in exchange for millions. And that is Batman. Bruce finds out how Victor has been extortioned by Oz so Bruce funds Nora's treatment and helps Victor. Victor is sent to Blackgate, he'll not be with Nora but he is calm knowing his wife's disease is being controlled thanks to Bruce. The end :hrt:.

I have heard this grounded take for some time now and I think its my favorite one for freeze so far.

As for casting, for Victor I'd get Alex Skarsgard. For Nora maybe Olivia Grant, a british actress that is mostly in small supporting roles and looks like Martha Wayne

Last edited:
Mr Freeze is my personal favorite Bat villain and I badly want to see him in a live action movie done right but I really dont know how he would work in this David Fincher universe Reeves has created. Freeze has to be a bit fantastical and stylized to pull off right IMO.

Mr Freeze is my personal favorite Bat villain and I badly want to see him in a live action movie done right but I really dont know how he would work in this David Fincher universe Reeves has created. Freeze has to be a bit fantastical and stylized to pull off right IMO.

To me, the world Reeves has created could be seen as "grounded in reality" by some of his rules, but visually, I think there's definitely a door open for things a bit more "out there". Including Mister Freeze.

From a "dramatic" point of view, we're in a classic revenge story, so no problem with that. But in terms of "concept", to me, it's really just good old science fiction. And I honestly think even Nolan could have found an angle to adapt this character.
Because if it was possible to ground in reality a machine to travel through dreams or time via some pseudo-scientific explanation, then in my opinion, it shouldn't be too complicated to explain how and why a man is compelled to maintain his body at an extremely low temperature. Could be simply a way to slow down the progress of a disease or something like that.
Either way, I have no doubt about Reeves and his team to make this character work if they choose him. His stylization being stronger as Nolan, this can only help the character to blend with the rest. I mean, I don't think Mr. Freeze would take any more effort at acceptance than seeing Harvey Dent walking around with half his head pizza-style. :funny:

What I have a harder time to see though, is him as the main antagonist of an entire movie. To me, this isn't your typical villain threatening Gotham or actively wanting to chase Batman, etc.
Not the best example, but I'd rather imagine Freeze as some sort of "Man with the Harmonica", a guy who tries to fix a personal tragedy but whose trajectory will end up crossing something bigger. Here, Batman's main mission. Perhaps they have a common “prey”?

Anyway, just my two cents about it !

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"