Mr. Furley vs. Mr. Roper

terry78

My name is Stefan, sweet thang
Reaction score
I shouldn't have to explain. :o

roper0624.jpg

18113Mr_Furley_at_the_Reagle_Beagle.jpg

That hard. I liked both. Of course Farley had his wife to play off of so I'll give him the edge.

18113Mr_Furley_at_the_Reagle_Beagle.jpg

No one can touch the sheer pimpage that is Don Knotts. Look at him. He is sex incarnate.

That's tough. I will go with Roper since he had the spin off show.

Both were awesome, but Mr. Roper and his wife made me laugh A LOT more. So...Roper gets the vote.

I gotta go with Furley. I hadn't started watching the show until he was on (to my credit, I was only three, and watching it with my parents), and he's who I associate most with the show. Just the pure silliness of the character is undeniable.

OT: Is Don Knotts still alive? I used to live it when he'd guest star on Mattlock.

OT: Is Don Knotts still alive? I used to live it when he'd guest star on Mattlock.
Nope, he died a couple years ago. :(

I still laugh at how taboo it was back then for a guy to live with female roommates that weren't his wife/girlfriend...and the wacky misunderstandings that took place due to it. I preferred Lana myself. :o

Off-topic, but there's a bar downtown Chicago that I walk past on my way to work that calls themselves the Regal Beagle...had it not been 2007, lawsuits all over.

Both were pretty damn good but im going with Mr Roeper

I voted for Roper. One of my favorite episodes was when the Ropers came back. Fortunately for us, they didn't tell Mr. Ferley. So we have Mr. Ferly getting into bed with Mrs. Roper and of course getting caught by Mr. Roper.

Furley, despite the fact that the Ropers got a spin off show.

I love Don Knotts but I had to go with Mr Roper

He isn't dead. He faked his death to get out of the lime light. He was constantly hounded by groupies and paparazzi after those guest appearances on Matlock and he just got sick and tired of "The Game".

He isn't dead. He faked his death to get out of the lime light. He was constantly hounded by groupies and paparazzi after those guest appearances on Matlock and he just got sick and tired of "The Game".

He looked like he had some demons

Furley, despite the fact that the Ropers got a spin off show.

The Ropers was the blue print for Married with Children. Seriously...think about it. Roper drove an old piece of crap car. He hated his wife. As for Mrs. Ropers was always complaining about the lack of sex in their marriage. And they had neighbors who were, well, the opposite. :huh:

I seem to recall reading/hearing/seeing that Don Knotts did, in fact, enjoy the company of many varied ladies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"