Mr. Terrific, just because....

Exactly, he acts like a succesful, intelligent PERSON. He isn't trying to talk jive or "slap five" like Cage used to.
He isn't all black power.
He is a person, he worked hard, he got rewarded.
he continues to work hard, he becomes a superhero. I mean it sounds pretty like a pretty darn cool guy to me...

I'm surprised that no one has made any cracks about why our current "Fair Play" is so TERRIFIC, if you know what I mean. ;)

SuGarRush said:
Exactly, he acts like a succesful, intelligent PERSON. He isn't trying to talk jive or "slap five" like Cage used to.
He isn't all black power.
He is a person, he worked hard, he got rewarded.
he continues to work hard, he becomes a superhero. I mean it sounds pretty like a pretty darn cool guy to me...

Yes, the modern Bill Cosby would be proud! :D

SuGarRush said:
no, we enjoy heroes of colour just as much or more as anyone else, we just don't care about the colour of a heroes skin, we care about the heart that beats beneath it.

I concur Mr. T..Mr.T? hey!! ;)

Scorpion said:
"This month and last month in Outsiders, next month he is having a two part arc with Green Arrow and he was in Identity Crisis. And yes he had a solo series in the 1970s and then again in 1995."

Wow, this month and last month,...not bad for a character that's been around since the 70's. And in Identity Crisis,...he did have a rather big part in that, didn't he? And, dang he had his own series in the 70's and '95? Then he's had more than his fair share of airtime.

"recently been in an aquaman arc."

That's astonishing! One of the few rogue's gallery Aquaman actually has, recently was afforded an arch. Did he have his helment off at any time during that arch?

"he is the controller of the thunderbolt. he was in JSA every month till a few issues ago, soon there will be an arc about where he went too."

It's weird that I've been reading various DC titles for 20 or more years and I don't recall ever hearing about him. I'm sure he's an overly used character, I must have just missed him.

"actually he was selected to be in it as paul dini said he was his favourite green lantern. he can now be seen in both JLA and in the Green Lantern series. Even when he wasn't a green lantern he would regulary be in the comics as a supporting character."

Really, I can't remember the last time I saw him in comics before his return around 2002-ish.

"she is black lightnings daughter. well yes she was created for the comic, but so?"

Just notating that she's not a main character and was created as, no doubt, another token character for filler.

"no he hasn't had a solos eries, but he has still been the main stay in the titans for a good thrity years."

Cyborg made his first appearance in October of 1980, hardly "a good 30 years," and has been in the various Titans books, over the years. I would hardly say he's been a constant.

Does DC have even one character on par with Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Flash, Aquaman, or the majority of the GLs? I can't think of one.

Dude! I'm black also, your getting bent outta shape for nuthin. Mr.Terrific is an Cool @$$ character! an he is the Leader of the JSA, what more do ya want?
Yeah DC is kinda lacking with minority heroes, but their actively changing that Most of these characters where created before the civil right movement the world(America) wasn't ready for black superheroes, but because of guys like Stan Lee/Kirby they made it possible just enjoy the character for what it is.

deemar325 said:
Scorpion said:
"This month and last month in Outsiders, next month he is having a two part arc with Green Arrow and he was in Identity Crisis. And yes he had a solo series in the 1970s and then again in 1995."

Wow, this month and last month,...not bad for a character that's been around since the 70's. And in Identity Crisis,...he did have a rather big part in that, didn't he? And, dang he had his own series in the 70's and '95? Then he's had more than his fair share of airtime.

That's astonishing! One of the few rogue's gallery Aquaman actually has, recently was afforded an arch. Did he have his helment off at any time during that arch?

"he is the controller of the thunderbolt. he was in JSA every month till a few issues ago, soon there will be an arc about where he went too."

It's weird that I've been reading various DC titles for 20 or more years and I don't recall ever hearing about him. I'm sure he's an overly used character, I must have just missed him.

"actually he was selected to be in it as paul dini said he was his favourite green lantern. he can now be seen in both JLA and in the Green Lantern series. Even when he wasn't a green lantern he would regulary be in the comics as a supporting character."

Really, I can't remember the last time I saw him in comics before his return around 2002-ish.

"she is black lightnings daughter. well yes she was created for the comic, but so?"

Just notating that she's not a main character and was created as, no doubt, another token character for filler.

Dude! I'm black also, your getting bent outta shape for nuthin. Mr.Terrific is an Cool @$$ character! an he is the Leader of the JSA, what more do ya want?
Yeah DC is kinda lacking with minority heroes, but their actively changing that Most of these characters where created before the civil right movement the world(America) wasn't ready for black superheroes, but because of guys like Stan Lee/Kirby they made it possible just enjoy the character for what it is.

Well said, dude! :) :up:

Yeah, I personally don't care whether Mr. Terrific is black or not, other than that he's black and not written sterotypically... One day, I want kids to say "When I grow up, I'm gonna be Mr. Terrific!"

That'd be cool...

I want to hear a white kid say, "When I grow up, I'm gonna be Mr. Terrific!" :)

TheCorpulent1 said:
I want to hear a white kid say, "When I grow up, I'm gonna be Mr. Terrific!" :)

Hey, I'm not black and I look up to the guy... well, Him, Hal Jordan, Batman, the Flash, and Beast Boy...

Yeah, I'm not black and I like him too. I just think it'd be funny to see a white kid say that. :)

Whoa, wait a second, you look up to Beast Boy??

TheCorpulent1 said:
Yeah, I'm not black and I like him too. I just think it'd be funny to see a white kid say that. :)

Whoa, wait a second, you look up to Beast Boy??

Well, only cuz McKone and the other guy (artist of Beast Boy minseries) draws Beast Boy so he looks like me... so I feel a certain clone-brotherhood to BB...

batnkevlar said:
Well, only cuz McKone and the other guy (artist of Beast Boy minseries) draws Beast Boy so he looks like me... so I feel a certain clone-brotherhood to BB...

And let's not forget that he's preety much going out with the hot goth chick. :up:

sinewave said:
deemar325 said:
Scorpion said:

Well said, dude! :) :up:

Thanks Homey!

DarkKnightJRK said:
And let's not forget that he's preety much going out with the hot goth chick. :up:

And what Elseworlds reality is this happening in?

Corpy, I would love for the Mr. Terrific thing to happen like you describe it too; but I'll have a nagging feeling that there already was a white Mr. Terrific, even if it's not the current one (and the one kids would probably be saying they want to be like). We've already seen the power of television and the wonders it's done to an obscure character like the Question. If they make Mr. T cool in the JLU episode there's a good chance that his popularity will rise.:up::D

Someone post more pictures, dammit!!!!:mad:

Yeah, I thought of Terry. But, really, who outside of major comic fans would know about the original Mr. Terrific? Certainly not some kid who's probably just reading JSA because their older siblings or parents read it. I'll join you in hoping that Mr. Terrific gets a great showcase in JLU, though. Look at the wonders it's done for John Stewart as GL. :p

And, since you asked so nicely, here's his super-nifty cover for JSA All-Stars:
44490220045.7.GIF

So what exactly did the original Mr. Terrific do?

TheCorpulent1 said:
Yeah, I thought of Terry. But, really, who outside of major comic fans would know about the original Mr. Terrific? Certainly not some kid who's probably just reading JSA because their older siblings or parents read it. I'll join you in hoping that Mr. Terrific gets a great showcase in JLU, though. Look at the wonders it's done for John Stewart as GL. :p

And, since you asked so nicely, here's his super-nifty cover for JSA All-Stars:
44490220045.7.GIF

YAY! The color version of the Cassaday pic. I couldn't get any decent ones when I searched.

Batnkevlar, the original Mr. Terrific was almost the same as the current one. He was a genius and all around athlete. Think of it as the current Mr. Terrific without the tech.

batnkevlar said:
So what exactly did the original Mr. Terrific do?
Die. And, I think, before that he used to fight crime or something. ;)

Oh, and he's the current Roulette's uncle.

deemar325 said:
sinewave said:
deemar325 said:
Scorpion said:

Thanks Homey!

You're welcome.

Scorpion said:
deemar325 said:
sinewave said:
deemar325 said:
Scorpion said:

You're welcome.

HA! You make me smile, you so-and-so, you! :D

JSA_44.jpg

Yeah, I know this was on page two. But mines bigger. :)

jsa70.jpg

sinewave said:
Scorpion said:
deemar325 said:
sinewave said:
deemar325 said:
Scorpion said:

HA! You make me smile, you so-and-so, you! :D

Glad I could brighten yer day.:cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"