MTV developing Scream series

I was pretty happy with who it was and how it wrapped up. I see people disappointed and some wanted a big twist. Like, what would have been a great twist? If they had copped out and made Emma the killer, that would just have been stupid. I was happy it wasn't Noah or Audrey because they are probably my favorite characters, but also there were plenty of situations when they faced the killer or had some sort of interaction, so unless there was an accomplice, that would have been dumb. Stavo, Eli and Emma's dad felt like way too obvious red herrings to be legit.

If the show gets another season (is S3 confirmed?) I think, and I hope we'll get into the mystery of the original murders and after S2 it feels almost certain that Brandon James wasn't the killer, maybe just framed. That, or he is out there pissed.

I was pretty happy with who it was and how it wrapped up. I see people disappointed and some wanted a big twist. Like, what would have been a great twist? If they had copped out and made Emma the killer, that would just have been stupid. I was happy it wasn't Noah or Audrey because they are probably my favorite characters, but also there were plenty of situations when they faced the killer or had some sort of interaction, so unless there was an accomplice, that would have been dumb. Stavo, Eli and Emma's dad felt like way too obvious red herrings to be legit.

If the show gets another season (is S3 confirmed?) I think, and I hope we'll get into the mystery of the original murders and after S2 it feels almost certain that Brandon James wasn't the killer, maybe just framed. That, or he is out there pissed.

My issue isn't so much a lack of a twist as it is the lack of closure. Reviewing the season, it is more or less impossible for Kieran to have been working alone, if for no other reason someone had to kidnap Audrey and take her to the orphanage (Kieran was with Emma and then at the hospital with Brooke, Stavo, and Noah in the interim). Noah hinted at a second accomplice in the finale. So now there are two options:

1) Either they drop it all together and just have it so Kieran was working alone (which doesn't make logical sense); or

2) After the Brandon James story is wrapped up in the Halloween special, if we get a season 3, it becomes another round of "who's the accomplice?" In that case it would just be repetitive.

I think that is part of the issue of the slasher as a TV series.

^I vote for option 1.

I just binged the season. Have to say that I think season 2 was an improvement. I considered the first season a guilty pleasure, but this one I genuinely liked. I had some gripes though.

- People often carry idiot balls in horror genre, but that carnival episode especially had some big stupidity. There is a cop trailing Emma. Emma decides to go to funhouse alone. There are about ten cops nearby. Ok, Emma panicked. Then the cop does the same thing. :facepalm:

- Not enough Ghostface. One of the easiest mistakes in horror movies is showing too much of the monster. But this series could have used little more. I think this 12 episode Scream series had about the same amount of Ghostface as a 2 hour Scream movie.

- Not enough deaths. What was the bodycount this season? I love Brooke and Noah, but one of them could have bitten it.

- Kieran in killer mode felt cartoony to me.

But this show does have it's strengths.

+ Noah, Brooke, Audrey, Sheriff, Stavo, all great. Emma is ok.

+ Zoe-twist was really good. Also, Noah's attack at the beach was really good. It was all sunny and safe.

+ I enjoyed the mystery and all the red herrings. Kieran was obvious, but something convulated would have been worse. + It gave me nice, nostalgic feelings. :D

+ For the first time ever the killer is arrested. Nice!

+ Ghostface mask and the voice are so good. I love it!

I'm pretty excited for the Halloween special. Perfect way to wrap the story. :)

Spoiler alert....
Great finale!! It was so hard to accept Keiran as the killer. The whole time I was thinking this is just too weird.

My issue isn't so much a lack of a twist as it is the lack of closure. Reviewing the season, it is more or less impossible for Kieran to have been working alone, if for no other reason someone had to kidnap Audrey and take her to the orphanage (Kieran was with Emma and then at the hospital with Brooke, Stavo, and Noah in the interim). Noah hinted at a second accomplice in the finale. So now there are two options:

1) Either they drop it all together and just have it so Kieran was working alone (which doesn't make logical sense); or

2) After the Brandon James story is wrapped up in the Halloween special, if we get a season 3, it becomes another round of "who's the accomplice?" In that case it would just be repetitive.

Well, I wouldn't mind it if we got the original killer in season 3 (if we get one) in stead of getting a fast conclusion to that in a Halloween special.

I mean, there's so much potential. With Kieran alive, I wouldn't mind getting some killer versus killer storyline. Kieran is ****ing insane, but he might know stuff about the murders from 20 years ago. Piper did seem awfully sure it wasn't Brandon who committed them, so perhaps she knew who did. Heck, maybe even he knows (or has some clues) seeing how he reacted when he got the phone call. Don't get me wrong I don't want any kind of redemption for Kieran, but him going toe to toe with the "new" killer would be gold.

Oh and after watching the beginning of season one again, what the hell happened to Kieran's character? He was such a cool character. He went from an edgy, good looking and fun loving character to just an overbearing (well, not really :woot: ) boyfriend real quickly. Such a shame. If they went on with how he was portrayed at first, him being the killer would've made a waaaaay bigger impact. Well, at least to me.

That was a predictable finale as far as the killer goes. Good acting by Amadeus though, he finally came alive. I'm curious about the Halloween episode.

Finished season 2 today, not quite as good as season 1 but they kept their momentum pretty well and retained the foreboding atmosphere and intrigue. I didn't see the twist coming as it was hard to keep track of who was where when the many attacks happen, regardless I thought they executed the finale well and left an interesting thread for season 3.

Most importantly Brooke survived, although her knack of doing so makes me a bit suspicious. :nrv:

Last edited:
They released the trailer for the TV special a few days ago.

2-Hour Special (Oct. 18th) - Trailer

[YT]nDkhKeY8gwE[/YT]

Today they also announced that they renewed the show for a 6 episode season 3.

MTV has renewed “Scream” for a third season, consisting of six episodes, Variety has learned.

“Scream” showrunners Michael Gans and Richard Register will depart the series for the third season, though new showrunners have not been set.
Variety.com

The storyline of the Halloween special kinda reminds me of I know what u did last Summer 2.

It looks like it will be sort of Ghostface vs female Michael Meyers.

The idea of a third season consisting of just 6 episodes is something that interests me. Hopefully, it will be much tighter and exciting, with a hell of a lot less "filler" crap.

The idea of a third season consisting of just 6 episodes is something that interests me. Hopefully, it will be much tighter and exciting, with a hell of a lot less "filler" crap.

Yeah, I'm inclined to say I agree, but it also kinda worries me. Are they running out of ideas?

Oh and with a third season around the corner, there's no way they would kill any of the Lakewood Six in a Halloween special, right?

I did not expect the special to have that much new ground to cover. But hopefully they deliver on versus aspect. :)

Special airs tonight y'all. :up:

I'm still catching up on season two but I recorded tonight's special. I read season three is a go. I hope they switch it up a bit.

Missed it completely. Had no idea it was on tonight, but I'll watch tomorrow.

That was fun albeit utterly unconnected to the actual plot of the series, save from the beginning and end. But I liked it. The new killer looked cool, the kills were grisly, the mystery actually fooled me (Yeah...I didn't think they'd go for that person as the killer) and I enjoyed Emma for once. She's grown into an actual final girl. Tons of amazing references from dialogue that mentioned Black Christmas, all the way to murders that channeled The Burning. Good stuff.

Very meh. Lots of deaths, none relevant (except the first). Everyone who died felt like cannon fodder made for this episode. They couldn't have killed off Stavo or something, to make the stakes feel real? Plus the killer was predictable, uninspired and cliche (especially since he was basically Kieran 2.0).

If you watched the first and last five minutes, you saw everything that needed to be seen for season 3. Which made this basically this a 2 hour long filler episode.

Very disappointing considering that the trailer promised that all questions would be answered.

I did not expect the special to have that much new ground to cover. But hopefully they deliver on versus aspect. :)

It doesn't at all actually. There is no versus aspect. The entire trailer feels like a mislead because of that. We were promised a serial killer showdown that never came. This whole special is a clinic in bad marketing. It was both dishonest (promising answers and a showdown, neither of which were delivered on) and literally showing the twist ending, in its entirety.

I absolutely loved the Halloween special, whilst I could see the twist coming a mile off the atmosphere was fantastic. I wish I'd saved this for October 31st to be honest.

Even thought it was pretty much pointless other than the beginning and end, I still enjoyed it.

It doesn't at all actually. There is no versus aspect. The entire trailer feels like a mislead because of that. We were promised a serial killer showdown that never came. This whole special is a clinic in bad marketing. It was both dishonest (promising answers and a showdown, neither of which were delivered on) and literally showing the twist ending, in its entirety.

Yeah, I was pretty disappointed by that.

Other than that, I enjoyed the special. The killer wasn't a threat to Emma, but I felt that was appropriate.

Hopefully 3rd season is the last one and they can start killing main characters. 6 episodes is a good lenght.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"