My fanart...

An homage to the Superman movies here -
Sucks_To_Be_Them_by_Jochimus.jpg

An '80s-style Brainiac design -
Brainiac_by_Jochimus.jpg

Also, a couple not-so-serious pieces -

An homage to the opening credits of "The New Scooby-Doo Movies":
All_The_Stars_Are_Here____by_Jochimus.jpg

And a bit of a poke at the main beef some people have had with "Superman: Doomsday" -
Overreacting_by_Jochimus.jpg

^
Thanks! Incidentally, here's the finished version of my Brainiac piece -
Observation.jpg

he looks a lot like general grievous

edit: thats not an insult either

Probably 'cuz I was specifically aiming for something more skeletal-looking - of course, this redesign was inspired by the '80s version of Brainiac. Well, that and Giger's Alien - y'notice he doesn't even really have a face; that was probably influenced a bit by Ultron, but my real reason for doing that was to facilitate the idea of him 'assimilating' a human host (essentially he kind of "wraps" himself around them, so that they look like they're wearing a power suit), which came from "Lexiac" from the last pre-Crisis Superman books of the '80s.

A piece I'm still working on, in the pencil stage...
FreakyJusticeLineart.jpg

Hehe. It's funny, I just realized I have you deviantart page bookmarked.

In other words, I like your stuff! :woot:

hey, looks wicked so far. beautifully clean pencils!

nice, but you should study anatomy a little more.

Been a while since I posted any of my stuff...

Here's some Superman pastiche stuff I've done lately using various reference pics; these started out as notebook scrawls and I just kept working with them...

Superman - based on "Justice League: The New Frontier" with a Jim Lee-styled S-shield, a gold metallic buckle akin to the ones Kirk Alyn and George Reeves wore, with the same red and blue as the American Flag and the gold color off of a Scouting logo:
Superman_by_Jochimus.jpg

Jor-El and Lara and the stardrive - Basically their S:TAS costumes colored in homage to Byrne's MOS and Birthright (with Jor-El's chest emblem blank with reference to the old 'sun' logo that the old pre-COIE version wore on his chest); the ship is based on the All-Star design, with a slight touch of red and blue nodding back to the pre-COIE colors of Kal-El's rocket:
All_Stardrive_by_Jochimus.jpg

Brainiac - The pre-MOS '80s Ed Hannigan robot design mixed with the S:TAS look:
Vril_Dox__Brainiac_by_Jochimus.jpg

Clark Kent - based on the version featured on the last season of "The Batman":
Clark_Kent_by_Jochimus.jpg

Doomsday - based on unused design concepts for the aborted "Superman Lives" film:
Doomsday_by_Jochimus.jpg

Mongul - using pics of the unreleased action figure of the SR game version and screen caps from B:TB&TB:
Mongul_by_Jochimus.jpg

Metallo - with reference again from the SR game action figure, along with the version on "The Batman" and Silver Age-influenced colors:
Metallo_by_Jochimus.jpg

Parasite - combination of S:TAS, the unused design for the SR game, and the recent "shrink-wrapped" look:
Parasite_by_Jochimus.jpg

Zod - based mostly on the "Superman Adventures" version (the Argoan Zod seen only in the comic):
Dru_Zod_by_Jochimus.jpg

Supergirl - based on the outfit worn by the older Linda/Superwoman at the end of her comic's run, itself based on the S:TAS suit (again, I referenced screen caps as well as old character art from the '50s and '60s):
Kara_In_Ze__Supergirl_by_Jochimus.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"