Two-Part Batman: The Long Halloween Animated film possibly in the works?!

I have no problem with any of the cast, I like them all for the roles they were cast in, but some lines made me think Anthony Ruviviar deserved to voice Batman again for this movie.

I hope he gets to voice the character again one of these days.

It would probably never happen, but Ruivivar would be great in Batman: Caped Crusader.

His voice would really suit that 30's/early 40's vibe.

I haven’t gotten around to watching it yet, (too busy lately) but does part 2 live up to its R rating?
It does have the look of flesh pierced by bullets, bleeding from debris crushing bodies, and a little more detail of Harvey's face burning with acid. If you're expecting Invincible levels of gore (within the limits of what characters in this story can do) then no.

Mitch Pilleggi was good in The Batman as Gordon, bring him back.
Yes.

It would probably never happen, but Ruivivar would be great in Batman: Caped Crusader.

His voice would really suit that 30's/early 40's vibe.
Might sound a bit too much like Jeremy Sisto in New Frontier. I think I'd like him more in more contemporary interpretations

Conroy has sadly lost his touch, but for today, Jensen is the move. I love his Batman voice and I’m really picky with that sort of thing. I didn’t think William Baldwin was bad either.

Conroy has sadly lost his touch, but for today, Jensen is the move. I love his Batman voice and I’m really picky with that sort of thing. I didn’t think William Baldwin was bad either.

Conroy hasn't lost his touch. He's simply been given mediocre scripts and projects recently.

Grunt a few times in a video game here, ham it up in a Scooby-Doo episode there.

With the right project and the right motivation, Conroy could still surprise you.

I watched both parts this week on HBO Max. I thought it was more or less on par with the two-part The Dark Knight Returns. The voice acting was mostly solid all around save for Gordon but I was most impressed with Josh Duhamel's Two-Face. Yeah, it came off as derivative of Richard Moll's BTAS Two-Face but I didn't even know he had it in him, especially since I thought he was a little weak as Harvey.

Last edited:
I very much enjoyed Jensen Ackles as Batman, and I wouldn't mind if he became the go-to guy for the role moving forward.
Troy Baker's Joker is fine for what it is (an unapologetic Mark Hamill impression), but it definitely comes across as an impression in his delivery. Sounds very forced at times. Wouldn't mind making him the go-to guy for Joker, but I think he could stand to ease up a bit and make it his own.

Liked the movies well enough, but they seemed kinda... sterile? Half the voice actors sounded like they were sleepwalking or disengaged. The movies just didn't feel particularly exciting at all because everything came across as low energy. The acting, the animation style, the expressiveness of the character's faces.

This thing is on HBO Max yet Soul of the Dragon which came before is not on HBO Max USA.

Any reasons for that?? Copyright issues or something??

I very much enjoyed Jensen Ackles as Batman, and I wouldn't mind if he became the go-to guy for the role moving forward.
Troy Baker's Joker is fine for what it is (an unapologetic Mark Hamill impression), but it definitely comes across as an impression in his delivery. Sounds very forced at times. Wouldn't mind making him the go-to guy for Joker, but I think he could stand to ease up a bit and make it his own.

Liked the movies well enough, but they seemed kinda... sterile? Half the voice actors sounded like they were sleepwalking or disengaged. The movies just didn't feel particularly exciting at all because everything came across as low energy. The acting, the animation style, the expressiveness of the character's faces.

I do like most of the voice actors, though I do agree that it drags. I’ve tried several times to rewatch on HBOMax and haven’t made it to the end of Part II.

Maybe an original story / single film like Man of Tomorrow or JSA: World War II would have been a better approach. Maybe something primarily set at Arkham to introduce a lot of characters at once like The Long Halloween, though not a direct adaptation of the video games or Morrison’s story

My first thought was Dark Victory, but I wouldn't expect Ackles to be the one leading the charge on that. Still wouldn't be surprised to see it happen.

My first thought was Dark Victory, but I wouldn't expect Ackles to be the one leading the charge on that. Still wouldn't be surprised to see it happen.

This sounds like a live-action project to me. More animated Batman movies with Butch Lukic is a no brainer. He probably has a few recorded already.

I wonder which one he'll pop up in next based on the end credit tease?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"