Two-Part Batman: The Long Halloween Animated film possibly in the works?!

Discussion in 'DC Comics Films' started by Pennywise, Jan 4, 2019.

1. Pfeiffer-Pfan Cool Rider

It would probably never happen, but Ruivivar would be great in Batman: Caped Crusader.

His voice would really suit that 30's/early 40's vibe.

Spider-Aziz likes this.
  2. Spider-Aziz Dummy Dragon Holo

It does have the look of flesh pierced by bullets, bleeding from debris crushing bodies, and a little more detail of Harvey's face burning with acid. If you're expecting Invincible levels of gore (within the limits of what characters in this story can do) then no.

Yes.

Might sound a bit too much like Jeremy Sisto in New Frontier. I think I'd like him more in more contemporary interpretations

Babillygunn likes this.
  3. The Lazarus Pit The Boy Wonder

Conroy has sadly lost his touch, but for today, Jensen is the move. I love his Batman voice and I’m really picky with that sort of thing. I didn’t think William Baldwin was bad either.

4. Pfeiffer-Pfan Cool Rider

Conroy hasn't lost his touch. He's simply been given mediocre scripts and projects recently.

Grunt a few times in a video game here, ham it up in a Scooby-Doo episode there.

With the right project and the right motivation, Conroy could still surprise you.

5. Pennywise Registered

6. Drizzle Penguin Silvia

I watched both parts this week on HBO Max. I thought it was more or less on par with the two-part The Dark Knight Returns. The voice acting was mostly solid all around save for Gordon but I was most impressed with Josh Duhamel's Two-Face. Yeah, it came off as derivative of Richard Moll's BTAS Two-Face but I didn't even know he had it in him, especially since I thought he was a little weak as Harvey.

#381 Drizzle, Oct 22, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2021
    jondoe likes this.
  7. Boom I got nothin'

I very much enjoyed Jensen Ackles as Batman, and I wouldn't mind if he became the go-to guy for the role moving forward.
    Troy Baker's Joker is fine for what it is (an unapologetic Mark Hamill impression), but it definitely comes across as an impression in his delivery. Sounds very forced at times. Wouldn't mind making him the go-to guy for Joker, but I think he could stand to ease up a bit and make it his own.

Liked the movies well enough, but they seemed kinda... sterile? Half the voice actors sounded like they were sleepwalking or disengaged. The movies just didn't feel particularly exciting at all because everything came across as low energy. The acting, the animation style, the expressiveness of the character's faces.

8. Longshot777 Registered

This thing is on HBO Max yet Soul of the Dragon which came before is not on HBO Max USA.

Any reasons for that?? Copyright issues or something??

The Lazarus Pit likes this.
  9. BobJM Uncle Charlie

I do like most of the voice actors, though I do agree that it drags. I’ve tried several times to rewatch on HBOMax and haven’t made it to the end of Part II.

Maybe an original story / single film like Man of Tomorrow or JSA: World War II would have been a better approach. Maybe something primarily set at Arkham to introduce a lot of characters at once like The Long Halloween, though not a direct adaptation of the video games or Morrison’s story

10. Sawyer High King

My first thought was Dark Victory, but I wouldn't expect Ackles to be the one leading the charge on that. Still wouldn't be surprised to see it happen.

11. Pfeiffer-Pfan Cool Rider

This sounds like a live-action project to me. More animated Batman movies with Butch Lukic is a no brainer. He probably has a few recorded already.

I wonder which one he'll pop up in next based on the end credit tease?