My Tumbler progress

Looks cool :up:

I can't wait for finished product.

Hey YB, I was just funnin', bro...that looks great! Just think what a vintage Ford V8 woulda looked like...plus, it would have harkened back to the Barris '55 Futura Batmobile...:cwink:...but, you wouldn't have had any room in the cockpit!:woot:

http://www.1966batmobile.com/

Rob

Last edited:
Good luck with that, Spirit. It's only a concept car from '55.

If you were to try to make a custom '66 Batmobile, the best starting point would probably be a 1960 or so Cadillac Eldorado. The body style is similar enough to the Futura that it really wouldn't take all that much to get the same look.

Sweet can't wait,

I saw that you posted and got overly excited.

Hedman headers, exhaust pipe routed to the rear, and up.
progress136.jpg

I would pay 1 million euro to drive in that grazy thing!!!:wow:
you're great(but the tumbler is even greater):woot::woot:

Last edited:
again much thanks all for the thousands of views, and hundreds of posts. Got everything but the drive shaft hooked up. lights work. Been waiting for winter to completly let go, so I can attack this thing again. will have a lot to show pretty soon, Including video with sound (engine).

night time shot, all ten lights. blinding.

progress142.jpg

progress141.jpg

progress140.jpg

"Looks like a black....tank"

Question: Is this puppy street legal?

How is that real? How much did that cost? And where would it be legal to drive?

You'd have to take it to a closed course etc.

Youngbat, just wanted to add my two-pence - that is HUGELY impressive work, especially considering it's a one-man job. And I'm sure like anyone else who's ever worked on a car project, you've encountered problems and issues but still stuck at it. I can't wait to see the finished article.

What are your plans for the interior - just a stationery setup like in the film or are you going to try and have the sliding seat a la 'attack mode'?

check the bulbs out here, there are ten.
progress146.jpg

in upper pic, the upper two are so intense they sort of look like one bulb on each side. 4 uppers, 4 lowers, one on each side in the back. = 10

progress144.jpg

Last edited:
Dear YoungBat]

I'm getting agitated by pictures, when can we get a video tour of this? Just thinking about being able to look outside in my drive way and see this there is a turn-on.

VIDEO!!

I appologize for not having a good video up. I tried a while ago, first with a 16mm digital, and when I got it up on youtube, it was just digital garble. So then I used the 30 vid on my digital camera, and it was choppy, and grainy, and doesn't have sound. So gotta get my hands on the right camera, have a friend do it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"