MY version of 'X-Men 3' (completed fan script)

Seen

It's Been Seen
Reaction score
Whew! Well, I've finally completed my version of X-Men 3. In script form, that is. I've been working on this baby for a long time -- weeks, months -- really, all the way from May 2003 after X2 was released, when my story was called X3: X-Men Divided (which I wrote on these very boards back in May of '03). I worked on that for a few months, but left it.

The plot remains the same as the actual X3 -- a cure for mutancy is revealed and Jean Grey is resurrected as The Dark Phoenix. You'll notice some structural and thematic similarities with my script and the X3 you saw. However, there are noticeable deviations. I think this stands on its own.

I'm welcome to all comments, suggestions, feedback, et al. I think my main point of interest is how this compares and contrasts to the actual X3. Was it worse? Better? Too similiar? Too shocking? Too predictable? And what not. This is basically my intrepretation of how I would've handled the material in X-Men: The Last Stand.

Anyway, the script can be found at the link below. Enjoy.

http://home.comcast.net/~djmarcus/X_Men_3.pdf

I also want to thank Beau (a former member of these boards) for contributing to the script.

Wow! :wow: I've read about halfway and I'm hooked! Really excellent job! :up:

It looks pretty professional, but I'll pass on the premise. Miracle Phoenix lakes and cures are not something I'd want to see onscreen...

It'd be hard NOT to improve on the crap that was the actual film.

TKing said:
Wow! :wow: I've read about halfway and I'm hooked! Really excellent job! :up:

Thanks. I hope you enjoy the rest of it. :)

http://home.comcast.net/~djmarcus/X_Men_3_Mark_2.pdf

There is the link to my new draft. This time I co-credited Beau and also credited a friend, Ken Carper, who helped reconceptualize this draft with me.

All of the changes that I wanted to incorporate I did. You'll notice the Dark Phoenix subplot has more prominence, and some of the scenes in general are more polished. I extracted Moira MacTaggert, Emma Frost and Bishop, and now the Morlocks (including a more faithful version of Callisto) are included to assist Magneto and his new Brotherhood. Scott and Logan's rivarly is played up more, Nightcrawler is included, and Bobby and Rogue's relationship is expounded upon. Rogue also now plays a vital role in the final battle.

Comments, suggestions, feedback et al is appreciated. Enjoy! :)

Seen said:
http://home.comcast.net/~djmarcus/X_Men_3_Mark_2.pdf

There is the link to my new draft. This time I co-credited Beau and also credited a friend, Ken Carper, who helped reconceptualize this draft with me.

All of the changes that I wanted to incorporate I did. You'll notice the Dark Phoenix subplot has more prominence, and some of the scenes in general are more polished. I extracted Moira MacTaggert, Emma Frost and Bishop, and now the Morlocks (including a more faithful version of Callisto) are included to assist Magneto and his new Brotherhood. Scott and Logan's rivarly is played up more, Nightcrawler is included, and Bobby and Rogue's relationship is expounded upon. Rogue also now plays a vital role in the final battle.

Comments, suggestions, feedback et al is appreciated. Enjoy! :)

If it was made into a movie, how long would you guess the running time would be?

Kevin Roegele said:
If it was made into a movie, how long would you guess the running time would be?

Using the atypical Hollywood standard (every page equates to a minute in screentime) then I would estimate the running time would be, if this was shot verbatim with no cut scenes, 2 hours and 28 minutes.

In comparison, X-Men was 1 hour and 43 minutes long, X2 was 2 hours and 13 minutes long, and the actual X3 was 1 hour and 36 minutes long (neglecting the credits).

So my version would be hypothetically the longest of the films.

Seen, that was terrific! Much, much better than the movie we got. I really enjoyed seeing the role Cyclops had in your story! :up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"