Myst

JRPJCDJC

Civilian
Reaction score
Okay, I have finally got all five games in the series and can begin playing at anytime. I haven't done so yet because I was waiting on getting Myst IV: End of Ages.

All five games in the series score very high on all boards and in all reviews. I can't really get a grip on what these games are about from the description on the boxes. All I really get from them is that:

'this is a chilling journey to a strange, surreal world - a world full of intrigue and betrayal. It is a world where books are portals to other worlds. Lessons of the past shape the future as you are plunged into a beautiful world cursed by bewildering rifts in time.'

And that's just the first two games. I am hesitant to start playing this because is may take 3-4 months to finish, I am guessing.

Based on everything I've read on it so far - this could be the game-to-movie piece that really, honestly sets video game adaptations right. I'll keep you posted when I begin playing - if I do.

:Open to thoughts from anyone who's played this -

I played Myst when it first came out. I thought it sucked, and wasn't interesting. I recognize I'm a minority.

It's a hard game at first but eventually you get the hang of it. I played Myst a long time ago when I was a kid and I needed a walkthrough to beat it. It was hard as hell. More recently I played Riven and was able to get around most of the stuff without the walkthrough. I was able to beat Myst 3 without any walkthrough assistance whatsoever. I was pretty happy about that.

I still want to play the last two but I probably won't get the chance for a while.

I have the full Myst collection sitting at home, but I've never played it. I started the first game, got bored, and said I'd finish it later, then I never did. Maybe I'll go back and try them when I get my PC working again.

Yeah, when I first played Myst I had no idea what the hell was going on. I think the only reason I actually figured anything out at all is because the walkthrough really helped me understand how to get started. Once you understand how to get to the other books and the whole page collecting thing, then you can probably figure out the rest on your own.

I have the full Myst collection sitting at home, but I've never played it. I started the first game, got bored, and said I'd finish it later, then I never did. Maybe I'll go back and try them when I get my PC working again.

Same here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"