World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
I liked the trailer, it showed how powerful Deathwing is pretty much.

Did you read the last sentence of my post, or did you choose to ignore that part?

No. I read it, and I didn't ignore it. You said Blizzard's next MMO will probably be based on Starcraft or Diablo. I replied that Blizzard has said that the MMO they're working on is a brand new IP.

So my account was suspended for 3 hours for:
"In-Game Chat Policy Violation - Advertisement and Spamming

This suspension happened because one or more characters on the account were identified exchanging, or contributing to the exchange of, in-game property (items or gold) for ""real-world"" currency. This exchange process negatively impacts the World of Warcraft game environment by detracting from the value of the in-game economy."

I'm a little pissed because of this because I have never done this and the last time I logged in was three days ago. I don't even know HOW to do this (tho I'm sure I could figure it out).
I've changed my passed word, and I'm waiting the three hours to end still... but I'm shocked...

Don't blizzard have a support team or forum that you can inquire about?

I emailed support... nothing back.
You're not allowed to talk about bannings or suspensions on forums... :dry::dry::dry:
and when you're banned or suspended from the game, same goes for the forums.

You could have made a new character and talked to a GM about it. Probably a little quicker.

You could have made a new character and talked to a GM about it. Probably a little quicker.

I don't even know which character it was. I have many characters I've started over the years. but the two main ones, i see nothing wrong with them.

I was told that it has become less time consuming to play WoW. I remember several years ago when I was playing and I HAD to play for hours every day. Has that really changed? I would only really have time to play after 11 PM... so...

Yes, the game doesn't require a huge time commitment.

Well, I'm not sure that it ever did. I mean, no one is holding a gun to anyone's head.

Yes... it did... If you were in a guild and you wanted to keep up you pretty much had to grind constantly or fall behind.

No one puts a gun to your head for anything, but if everyone else in your guild is 80 or whatever and your 70...or lower... you miss out on a lot. If you're a "serious" WoW player, you grind... or at least you used to.

I liked the game, but simply didn't want to be at the PC all day and or night.

Yes... it did... If you were in a guild and you wanted to keep up you pretty much had to grind constantly or fall behind.

No one puts a gun to your head for anything, but if everyone else in your guild is 80 or whatever and your 70...or lower... you miss out on a lot. If you're a "serious" WoW player, you grind... or at least you used to.

I liked the game, but simply didn't want to be at the PC all day and or night.

Grinding to 85 is a joke. I leveled a dwarf shaman from 1 to 85 with less than 5 days total play time. Getting from 80 to 85 took me less than a week playing 3-4 hours a day.

Heroics are actually hard now, like back in Burning Crusade. Crowd Control and focusing on targets are actually needed to survive trash pulls.

That all being said, I'm having a blast. I am slowly gathering gear from heroics so that maybe in a couple of weeks I can get in on the raids that my guild has just started to form. The level of commitment now is purely on the player.

Yeah, there are rewards for those that aren't full time players. Some items that are player crafted, rather than relying on drops in a particular dungeon.

I've played for 2 years now. I think Cataclysm got it right. You have to have skill if you are going to be successful in this expansion.

BTW I'm Sixee on the Velen server.

Yeah, there are rewards for those that aren't full time players. Some items that are player crafted, rather than relying on drops in a particular dungeon.

I've played for 2 years now. I think Cataclysm got it right. You have to have skill if you are going to be successful in this expansion.

BTW I'm Sixee on the Velen server.

I agree. People were *****ing about how easy the game had gotten since Burning Crusade began (and especially once Wrath of the Lich King went live), now they're angry at it being too hard.

I don't think it's too hard, I just think you have to do a little more, for lack of a better word, "studying" on your rotations, glyphs, gear, talent trees, etc. before you can walk into an ICC-type raid and just steamroll the place.

That said, the main issue I do have with the difficulty of Heroics is that it's because so hard that, when a more casual (or less nerdy) player gets into a Heroic pickup group and screws up a fight with a mob, or isn't doing the insane damage I've seen some do lately, the insults start flying. Anywhere from, "Bads like you need to quit," or, "You &*$##$ &#(@(% you weren't supposed to do that!" (all without explaining the fight beforehand and assuming everyone spends every waking hour on it like they do). My girlfriend quit doing Heroics for a while because people were just straight up *******s to her for not doing 15K DPS (she doesn't waste her time reading into how to maximize DPS like I do, she just likes having fun). Those jack-offs need to learn not to say online what they wouldn't say to someone's face (since 99.99% of them really wouldn't), and realize it's just a video game and that failing a Heroic boss fight means: resurrect, inform the person who caused the downturn on how not to let it happen again, and give it another shot.

Yeah, I got kicked out of a Heroic for not freeze trap pulling fast enough....when 5 minutes prior I was told not to do it till the tank said to go for it....so which is it?

This expansion has brought out all the *****es. I'm just waiting for someone to call me a n00b. I mean the expansion hasn't been out 2 months, how can you possibly call someone a noob?

Sadly one of the best games ;) Just takes alot of your time, I have played it 3 different times, but never an high lvl char :(..But an really awesome game !!

I've played enough of World of Warcraft and am one of the most honest people you'll ever meet(at least I think so) so if you've never played and really want to know the pro's and con's of the whole thing, here it goes...

PRO'S
1. There truly are countless things to do in building and creating a character.
2. Tons of places to explore and venture into in the world of Azeroth.
3. You get to see a side of people that few rarely do.
4. It offers a great sense of achievement.
5. If nothing more, the opening cinematic trailers are near perfect.

CON'S
1. There are countless things that must be done to finish one's character.
2. In scale, Azeroth is only about the size of any major city.
3. You have to put up with a side of people that few rarely do.
4. It offers a great sense of achievement without really achieving anything.
5. Sadly, the opening cinematic trailers may be the most enjoyable part of the whole thing.

Of course the game sounds great, the only people you rarely hear from are people trying to sell it. The truth is, The concept is a good one and the execution of that concept even sounds and looks good. In the end, I think the sole contributing factor to the downfall and demise of this fantastic idea will be the one thing the designers and programmers did not prepare for... the players.

Just yesterday, at least two people told me to kill myself while I wished immediate death upon a female player who was simply picking flowers in the shallow marshes of Tol' Barad. I also wished a similar fate upon a few larger groups of people as well. This stern advocation of eradicating certain groups of people from society is usually a weekly occurrence for me. I am not alone in that either, and THEN we meet the counter points to my and others arguments which only adds fuel to the fire.

Is it warcraft? Yes, in a sense it seems that it is indeed setting battlelines for a war.

Is it what you thought it would be? HELL NO! The violence is there but there are still far too many people holding hands and skipping through the battlefields like war is some type of damn joke. War is not joke and people should start taking this game a little more seriously or their going to end up a casualty of one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

• C. Lee
    Superherohype Administrator

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95