• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Sequels Mystique in future X-trilogy continuations

AvengingLeague

Civilian
Reaction score
This is another question I'm wondering regarding X-Men 4. If Mystique(Rebecca Romijn) comes back in X-Men 4 or any installments, what should the writers do with her? What could be her place in the future X-films? Should she even be brought back at all?

IMO, they shouldn't bring back Magneto, Mystique and Professor X if they do a X-Men 4 movie. Why? Because I feel like every X-Men movie has to revolve around the relationship of Professor X and Magneto and it doesn't have to.

Magneto was the main antagonist in the original trilogy and he already appeared in First Class and soon he will appear in DOFP. I want the X-Men to face a new villain without Magneto having a role in the movie.

Professor X was the leader figure of the X-Men in the original trilogy, we already know his origin story, he already died. Even if he comes back alive in DOFP, I want to see the X-Men continue without Professor X behind their back, that would be a 1st in a X-Men team movie.

Then for Mystique, I feel like she's one of people's most favorite villains in the series. But I seriously think she needs to graduate in the series. Besides Magneto, she's the only villain who will appear in more than 5 films and I think 5 films is enough for her. There are a lot of female villains in the comic books that haven't been introduced in the movies yet.

So I basically want half of the cast of X4 to be new. I'm keeping Wolverine, Storm and the other X-Men just so it would still feel like X-Men movie (not a new series) and to keep the fans and people who were already familiar with the previous X-Men movies especially the original trilogy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"