• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Sequels Mystique: The Movie

Obsidian Idea

The light is blinding
Reaction score
Since Rebecca Romijn is down to come back as Mystique...here's an idea I had for her solo film...

Mystique remained in custody of the U.S. government after the events of X:TLS. Her powers returned and the government began using her as a weapon to gather intel from hostile governments, agencies and secret organizations around the world.

(If you want to observe an altered time line ala XDOFP, then you could simply say Mystique is a known mutant terrorist who was captured years ago and is serving her time by taking on suicide missions for the U.S. government).

The premise/plot of the film would start after her latest mission has her recover a drive from a foreign base. On that drive is a weapon the U.S. government considers highly valuable and wants Mystique to retrieve it.

The weapon is in a heavily guarded base in a hostile territory in Europe (shades of Hydra) and she will need help. She is assigned other captured mutants to assist her: Pyro, Blob, Crimson Commando, Avalanche, Arachne and Spiral. The mission is codenamed: Freedom Force.

Ultimately, Mystique would locate the weapon only to find out it's a mutant: a young woman codenamed Destiny by her captors. She has been utilized, abused and feared all her life because of her mutant ability to see the future. The mission quickly goes up in flames as Mystique learns there is a mole in her group, another shapeshifter (Copycat) with another mission: retrieve Destiny and kill the rest of the crew.

Fox are probably more likely to go for jennifer Lawrence then Rebecca romijn if they did a solo movie

Yea, if there's going be a Mystique spin-off there's absolutely no doubt it'll be with Lawrence instead of Romijn.

I'd rather Mystique be added to X-Factor.

Regrettably, I doubt we will ever see Romijn as Mystique again...if we do, it will be along the lines of the First Class cameo. Even though I prefer Romijn over Lawrence, I would love to see a Mystique solo film. The film could be a espionage thriller or a David Lynch-ian character study ...or both.

Will Jennifer Lawrence commit to 3 Solo's and 2 more X-Men films after her deal is up for XM:A? How much would that even cost?

She will if Fox gives her enough money + good deal.

I'd rather Mystique be added to X-Factor.

I honestly thought this was what they were setting up with the ending of DoFP.

If we do get a Mystique solo film I would want her to meet a young feisty Rogue.

Yea, if there's going be a Mystique spin-off there's absolutely no doubt it'll be with Lawrence instead of Romijn.

With out a doubt. And hopefully it will happen. I love the depth Lawrence has brought to the character.

Will Jennifer Lawrence commit to 3 Solo's and 2 more X-Men films after her deal is up for XM:A? How much would that even cost?

Probably whatever they are giving Jackman. Who, will most likely be done after his third solo wolverine film. It shouldn't be too hard for them to keep her.

One monkey don't stop no show. Recast and let's get this spin off in pre production!

LSD & Mr. Kinberg

The producers dished their thoughts to EW. “There was a regime [at the studio] that didn’t see the worth in [spin-offs], and the current people who run Fox understand, embrace it, and we’re going to do right by it,” Donner said. “I’d like to do Gambit. I’d like to do Deadpool. We’ll see. There’s a lot of really great characters.” Donner also named Jennifer Lawrence‘s Mystique as a character she wanted to see get a solo film.

For his part, Kinberg is keen on seeing spinoffs for Gambit and Mystique. “I love what Jen Lawrence has done with her, and I feel like because she is in such a crowded ensemble, there’s so much more opportunity if you were to follow her solo,” he said.

Last edited:
They could really kill two birds with one stone if they adapted this as the next solo Wolverine movie.

jrte20.jpg

They already have the setup for it with Mystique saving Wolverine and the 10-year gap in between DOFP and Apocalypse. Not to mention, Lawrence and Jackman headlining a movie together on their own is enough to put the buts in the seats.

Bring back Stewart and Romjin (sp?) and adapt the Mystique solo series, it would be a good way to expand on the relationship, and give it new life through the OT versions.

I've also wanted to see Shortpack (Mystique's handler) on film for a long while now...

Why in the world would they bring back Romjin if they have Lawrence as Mystique? You can bet anything that if there's going to be any sort of Mystique spin-off it's either going to be with Lawrence or not at all.

Fox isn't going to let that goldmine go easily if they don't have to.

But isn't Lawrence done after Apocalypse? And if it takes place in a future timeline, wouldn't it make more sense for it to be Rebecca's Mystique?

If they offer Jennifer a solo trilogy and let mystique wear clothes she wouldn't turn it down I don't think

If they offer Jennifer a solo trilogy and let mystique wear clothes she wouldn't turn it down I don't think

Well, given that Romijn probably won't come back, it would be Lawrence.

But J-Law seems a bit fed-up with the role, and we are getting fed-up with her in the role. She will become the new Jackman if we're not careful, dominating purely on the grounds of star power.

They could easily convince JLaw to come back. Not just money but a change in the look of the character and the storyline. For example Mystique is blue and has scales but they can change the scales so that makeup isn't as crazy. Instead she would need to wear just the blue paint and then have her clothed. Mystique is always clothed in the comics and maybe after DoFP and Apocalypse the movie Mystique has been changed. Still headstrong about mutants and their survival but she isn't a cold blooded killer no more who is controlled by Erik. They could really do Mystique solos more like a spy. Have her clothes more like this and do some really great story and action movies with her. It could give JL the box office draw and money and then when she's not doing those she could be doing the smaller Oscar worthy movies. Also filming and all that would be easier on Mystique solos as it's not a huge X-Men film which would be a big schedule nightmare.

This is the Mystique look they should go for.
image.jpg

And then if JLaw didn't want to come back they could easily recast her. Mystique is good like that because she takes on many shapes. It's just the blue form and with the makeup you can get away with it.

Yes, and even though the mutant-and-proud Mystique wants to swan around naked, wouldn't any woman with her power be creating amazing outfits for herself all the time? lol

Yeah idc if she comes back. It'd be nice for box office purposes. But if they have to recast so be it.

It would be tough having to recast because who could you get that could top JL at this point?

I think Alicia Vikander's star is growing and growing. With movies like Ex Machina coming out she's definitely one to watch. Maybe someone who could really embody that Mystique vibe like Eva Green. But I don't know if she would be a big enough draw. If they were to do the solo they'd really need to lock in JL for it.

Recasting would defeat the point. The whole purpose of the spinoff was to capitilize on JLaw.

Exactly. There's no point if it's not going to be headlined by Lawrence.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"