• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Sequels Mystique: The Movie

When you look at the plot you have Xavier being down after losing raven and having to stop her assassinating someone to save the future which both works with what happened in FC and the DOFP comic so I don't see why Bryan singer and co wouldn't have used the mystique character in the same way and that's something I think is naive to believe lawrence is the only reason they are doing a lot with the character and that she would just been reduced to magnetos side kick after all that hey set up with FC and to quickly resolve in case there wasn't a sequel

Jennifer Lawrence had more impact on marketing I personally believe, that's why even though yes big shock DOFP was more about young Charles and he had more screen time then Lawrence she was up still front and centre with Jackman

DoFP was definitely Xavier's movie. That's what Bryan and Simon had said when they were filming the way First Class was about Magneto. Even before the Oscar it was obvious Mystique would be a major player in the movies yes but we don't know much where they were going with the original first class sequel before Bryan came in and changed it all to DoFP. She still could have had a great character arc like she did in First Class and we would have seen her become the silent assassin and all that but once Bryan came in they obviously had to find a way to make Mystique an even bigger player and that's why the fate of the world rested on her but it also tied in with Xavier's story. Good story telling and development when all the pieces of the puzzle fall into place nicely. She's a huge box office draw and then got an Oscar they knew that she needs to have an even bigger role because people will come to see her. Like you said she was all over the marketing.

The only thing that would make Mystique interesting to me would be if continuity was completely different. I'd want it to be about her family and have Rogue, Nightcrawler, and Destiny as supporting characters. Maybe use Rogue and Nightcrwer to have a little bit of a "get Mystique" vibe as they team up to take down their mother, while her relationship with Destiny puts her on a more redemptive path.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"