Name your favorite moments in a sci-fi movie

superkong 500

Sidekick
Reaction score
Anything goes only sci-fi or films considered sci-fi, which are your favorite moments, it can be an action scene, some great revelation, scary moments,twists whatever. For example, the chestburster scene in alien, or the first look at the ships in close encounters, something in blade runner, the thing,starwars. Which is the moment or moments that where something unique,spectacular and awe inspiring for you that where engraved deep in your mind and you know will always be something to remember. It can be more than one thing of course.

For me, a couple of them are(in no order) alien queen ripps bishop in half(aliens) darth vader father revelation in ESB, robocop going around the city in his car as the robocop theme is played for the first time(great score) almost everything in close encounters.

E.T and eliott fly in the bike( one of the most beautiful moments in film history)

Predator, when the creature takes his mask off. Great moment!

When the Alien Queen is about to attack Newt and she spins to see Ripley coming at her in the power loader. When I saw that for the first time I got giddy.

When T-1000 is about to run down John Conner with a semi rig, and Terminator jumps his Harley off the cement embankmant to swerve around the semi and save John....although seeing as how Terminator weighs 800 lbs, the frame of that bike should have been in two....but it made for a heck of a scene.

The trench run on the Death Star in Episode IV. The whole scene is great, but, as Luke is making that final approach, John Williams music swirls and you hear "Use the Force Luke"..it's just magic.

The end of the original Planet of the Apes. Probably the most jaw droppping ending in film history. It accomplishes what only very good science fiction can do.

the intro for blade runner. we get an overview of LA, with the great egyptian-pyramid-buildings and fire all around with great background music

the whole chase scene in T2: Judgement Day

2001: A space Odessey, where dave turns off Hal. It creeped the bejesus out of me.

I also love the showdown between Obi Wan and Anakin in Revenge of the Sith.

When T-1000 is about to run down John Conner with a semi rig, and Terminator jumps his Harley off the cement embankmant to swerve around the semi and save John....although seeing as how Terminator weighs 800 lbs, the frame of that bike should have been in two....but it made for a heck of a scene.

The trench run on the Death Star in Episode IV. The whole scene is great, but, as Luke is making that final approach, John Williams music swirls and you hear "Use the Force Luke"..it's just magic.

:up::up:

- Aliens, Where Ripley clips up and gets in the elevator to go back into the Queens lair for Newt, that scene always strikes me as the ultimate moment of courage and gives me chills.

- Aliens, The scene where newt falls through the ventilation shaft and ends up in the water and the Alien rises up from the water towering over her, absolutely terrifying

- ESB, the scene where Han fins out Lando has sold him out and still pulls out his gun to shoot at Vader who simply froce pulls it out of his hand

- AOTC, the Kamino deck showdown between Obi Wan and Jango Fett.

- ROTJ , the final duel between Vader and Luke

- ANH, the moment where Han swoops in and saves the day "Lets blow this thing and go home kid!".

The scene where Luke and Co. are about to be executed in Return Of the Jedi.

deloreon taking off at the end of back to the future...

sw5vader.jpg

Donna takes off her scramble suit in A Scanner Darkly

Order 66 in Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith

When Picard call Worf a coward in ST First Contact

Whe the Terminator rises as just the metal endoskeleton from the truck debris (I remember seeing that as a kid thinking "but the metal shouldn't burn" and the Terminator stands!)

T2 chase scene

SWEp1 Darth Maul fight

"The scene where Luke and Co. are about to be executed in Return Of the Jedi."

Whe the Terminator rises as just the metal endoskeleton from the truck debris (I remember seeing that as a kid thinking "but the metal shouldn't burn" and the Terminator stands!)

That, and ESB's father revelation and Order 66.

When the Alien Queen is about to attack Newt and she spins to see Ripley coming at her in the power loader. When I saw that for the first time I got giddy.

The end of the original Planet of the Apes. Probably the most jaw droppping ending in film history. It accomplishes what only very good science fiction can do.
best sequences ever

Everyon if the moments mentioned are up there. I also like in TPM when the doors open to reveal Darth Maul. I also like in ROTJ when Vader taunts Luke into fighting with that operatic music in the background.

Other moments I liked was the nine minute shot in Children of Men, the opening credits in Gattaca. Also at the end of Gattaca with Ethan Hawke going into space and Jude Law burning himself. Very sad!

In T2 with Arnold lowering into the liquid steel.

Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan - Kirk, McCoy, and Co. trapped in the Genesis cave talking about the Kobayashi Maru Test. "Kirk to Spock...it's been 2 hours...are you ready?"

Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan - Both ships floating aimless in the Mutara Nebula....Khan wringing his hands straining to see any glimpse of the Enterprise in the viewscreen. Then the Enterprise rises up from behind the Reliant....

Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan - Spock's death...nuff said.

Alien

A. J. Dallas enters the network of air-shafts with a flamethrower, intending to drive the alien into an airlock in order to blow it out into space. Using the trackers, the crew picks up the alien's signal moving toward Dallas. Attempting to escape, Dallas runs right into the creature.

The Beach Ball Alien scenes in Dark Star

Predator win the predator alien laughs as the bomb goes off. Its a great moment in science fiction history.

Obi Wan v/s Vader A new hope very Iconic.

Spiderman Stopping the train in Spiderman 2.

Wolverine Killing The Pheonix aka Jean Grey.

When Spock Dies in Star Trek 2.

doc.jpg

"Ronald Reagan? The actor???"

1st bullet time shot in the original Matrix.

Jean Luc blow up the damn ship!

That's probably among the two best Star Trek movies. I'm surprised to see someone else think that is the best scene in the movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"