Name your favorite moments in a sci-fi movie

The Neo versus the Mr. Smith copies fight in Matrix: Reloaded

The last supper in Alien when the chestbuster first appears.

The scene in Ghostbusters II when they pull out that big Nintendo gamepad to control the Statue of Liberty...that always got me as a little kid, and the "Higher and Higher" song :D

Predator, when the creature takes his mask off. Great moment!

I love that movie with all my heart
[YT]7IAcf1TATOQ[/YT]

My favorite scene still has to be "Kill me Im here!! Come Ahnnn!"
Love that part:heart: :heart: :heart:

One of my more recent favorites
The climax from The Fountain
When he becomes one with the tree of life in the past and one with the universe in the future-killer ending

[YT]XVwGcnaP9Ns[/YT]

2001 a space odyssey: when The Blue Danube comes on and we see the Earth from space for the first time. as well as the entire ending of that movie.

minority report: the spider things, i thought they were cool as hell, they also had an interesting take on roads.

chronicles of riddick: first 15-20 minutes when the invasion is going down.

the day the earth stood still: ending.

sunshine: any scene with the sun, sweet visuals.

the matrix: the explanation of the matrix.

A couple more: ripley fights the alien queen(one of the most brilliant creature designs ever by winston and cameron)

The scene in alien in which the alien descends slowly with his head down(that semi-translucent dome is soo cool) behind brett and the next shot of the alien rising his head slowly. The scene when the alien's about to kill yaphet's character and it's lips rise to reveal that nasty smile.

The scene in the thing when norris transforms.

Blade Runner

Dekkard is hanging from the roof of the building by one hand. Roy Batty is watching him....just waiting for him to drop to his death. As Dekkard loses his grip and starts to drop....he spits at Roy in one last act of defiance. In that split second....Roy decides to save Dekkard's life.

One of my more recent favorites
The climax from The Fountain
When he becomes one with the tree of life in the past and one with the universe in the future-killer ending

that has to be the best Fountain compilation ive seen.

u beat me to it, i was gonna say when Hugh finally reaches the nebula, exits his ship and finally takes the road to awe, which launches him in through some beautiful special effects.

also pretty much the last 20 minutes of Children of Men, beautifully done.

also pretty much the last 20 minutes of Children of Men, beautifully done.

Glad to see that mentioned. I also add the ending to Vanilla Sky. I was not ready for that and hadn't heard of Open Your Eyes before I saw it.

The fistfight over the sunglasses in They Live!

No, but seriously:
Too many Star Wars related scenes to name. Here's my fave:
ANH: The Falcon flying in to save Luke's butt. The music and that shot give me chills every single time.

Serenity: When Serenity comes through the clouds towards the Alliance ships, momentarily followed by the Reavers. The ensuing scene is incredible.
ID4: Bill Pullman's cheeseball speech. I know its hokey, and yet it works! Plus, the scene where Randy Quaid sacrifices himself yelling "I'm Baa-aack!'". Pure gold.
Back To The Future: Where we're going we don't need roads...
Back To The Future III: When the train takes off.
Aliens: The scene in the ventilation shaft & the final battle.
Planet Of The Apes: Nova. Yummy!
Moonraker: Everything!

The Abyss revelation

David gets what he was programmed to chase.

Gattaca

[YT]<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DWw9tboDtrg"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DWw9tboDtrg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>[/YT]

not working.

:up: Thumbs up to all who mentioned the Fountain and Children of Men. :woot:

Mine are:
The Fountain - ending sequence;
Ghost in the Shell - any monologue scene from Major Motoko Kusanagi and/or Project 2501;
Children of Men - [blackout](1) Kee shows Theo that she’s pregnant; (2) The baby being born; (3) Theo and Kee exit the assaulted building with the baby and everyone stops fighting to give them safe passage;[/blackout]
The Prestige - Hugh’s face at the very end; ending credits, nice song by the Radiohead guy;
A Scanner Darkly - Bob’s monologue scenes; [blackout]the subtle ending from the point when Bob is told that he’s mentally ill;[/blackout] ending credits, more Radiohead yay!
Unbreakable - [blackout]When David embraces his full powers for the first time at the station scene;[/blackout]
2001: A Space Odyssey - when the apes discover the black monolith…chilling;

I might post a couple more later…

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"