Namor the Sub-Mariner

Zero chance for a Namor movie before 2020 and no way are they gearing up now for production on a 2020 movie.
This is bogus

Not sure I like the idea of this being a tv show. I see this as requiring a movie seized budget. We'll see how they do Inhumans though with this 8 episode format before I can fully judge

Either way, I can't wait to get this guy in the MCU.

I'm hanging on to hope that I'll get Namor and FF.....on the big(ger) screen (than I have). I love the Netlflix stuff and like to check out the TV series. That being said, there's nothing like the anticipation of the release of a new movie.

Tell me you wouldn't love to see a FF/Inhumans and/or Namor movie.

All three should get a movie treatmen. I know people love their Netflix Marvel shows but those are way too long and lacked in spectacle and 3/4 are mostly talking which just bores the heck out of me.

The Netflix shows have street level heroes. They don't need spectacle. They need great writing and interesting characters and they have that in spades, that's why they are acclaimed.

Perhaps Namor could be a street-level hero, fighting crime in the back alleys and ghettos of the Bronx instead of in the sea.

I knew it. What Marvel is prepping for in Hawaii has to be Inhumans.

All three should get a movie treatmen. I know people love their Netflix Marvel shows but those are way too long and lacked in spectacle and 3/4 are mostly talking which just bores the heck out of me.

They could always make it like Agents of SHIELD and have attempted spectacle that doesn't work.:o

I knew it. What Marvel is prepping for in Hawaii has to be Inhumans.

Yep. I think Medusa and Crystal are readying their bikinis and Blackbolt is practising his Elvis Hawaiian repertoire.

I just hope that Sub-Mariner is able to be produced by Marvel someday. Whatever legally needs to happen, hopefully it won't be catastrophic.

The Netflix shows have street level heroes. They don't need spectacle. They need great writing and interesting characters and they have that in spades, that's why they are acclaimed.

You can have spectacle in the streets. Daredevil has some cool action scenes but in a movie medium, I feel like those scenes would be larger and won't be as limited as the entire 1 season run of Daredevil. Like maybe the Hand chasing Daredevil through the streets then Also jumping through the roofs of Hell's kitchen? The costumes also look amateurish unlike the costuming in MCu movies.

We have yet to see Iron Fist but I feel like, we should see that mystic arts or whatever power he has like a lot but I feel like we are only gonna get that for 1/4 of the season.

I like the diversity provided by TV, Netflix, and Big Budget Movies as they fill in different niches. I also think they can complement each other. Legion, at this point, looks the most interesting to me. I also like Gotham. SHIELD has had its ups and downs from my perspective. Carter was really good I thought, but very different. Maybe that's why I liked it so much or maybe it's because I have a crush on Hayley.

I want FF and Inhumans on the big screen someday, but that's looking less likely now. I would also be fine with Namor and FF....that could be ultra.

I'm a big DC fan, but I've always preferred Namor to Aquaman.

Byrne's run on the solo Namor book was magic.

Personally, I think Namor would lend himself better to a tv series - with
a strong lead and some decent supporting cast he could be superb.

I suppose I've always felt that other than the Nazis Namor has lacked really strong villains - Attuma never really did much for me.

Anyway, I see Namor played by someone who plays his pomposity sort of tongue in cheek, as in a version of the character who doesn't take himself that seriously, or ......I suppose they could go full on antihero with him despising surface dwellers for poisoning the seas. Either way, with the right cast and right direction could work.

Still, IMO way more untapped potential in a Namor series than the Inhumans. Just sayin'

DD has the best action scenes in any comic book show. The costumes are also near movie level and certainly better than the CW shows. if you seriously expect from a show with 3 million per episode budget to rival sequences with movies that have 150+ budget then you are unreasonable. The netflix shows rely on gritty and grounded fight choreography and they are doing more than fine in that regard.

I'm not going to get too excited just yet, but I would love it if there's any truth to the rumor.
Even if there isn't, yet, it's great he's at least getting mentioned. So Feige and company don't forget about him...

I would say the big advantage Namor has over Aquaman is consistent portrayal. Sure, half the time he shows up as a hero and half the time as a villain, but he's actually been written in a way where its obvious how the same character could do both. He has a distinct, larger than life personality and an image to match, and its been pretty solid for the past 50 years, minimum.

Whereas Aquaman suffers from the dreaded "endless reboots syndrome": even good solid Aquaman characterizations have to compete with the dozen other characterizations out there, because he gets rebooted and reenvisioned every couple years.

It never ceases to amaze me just how much potential there is out there if/when Marvel finally gets its properties back.

It is also equally amazing that despite DC having just has much potential, WB still finds ways to screw it up (despite them having all of the DC properties).

I like the diversity provided by TV, Netflix, and Big Budget Movies as they fill in different niches. I also think they can complement each other. Legion, at this point, looks the most interesting to me. I also like Gotham. SHIELD has had its ups and downs from my perspective. Carter was really good I thought, but very different. Maybe that's why I liked it so much or maybe it's because I have a crush on Hayley.

I want FF and Inhumans on the big screen someday, but that's looking less likely now. I would also be fine with Namor and FF....that could be ultra.

Who doesn't?

:hmr:

I call Betteridge's Law of Headlines on that one. Might as well say that Cap 1 ending with the Tesseract landing in the ocean in a Namor "tease".

Just get Dwayne Johnson as Namor and make him the villain of the first F4 movie and it'll make 1B

Dwayne as Attuma yeah but not namor. Anyway I would love to see namor appear. I love seamen

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"