Namor the Sub-Mariner

bengali

The new Thundercat Lord!
Reaction score
Awhile back on Comingsoon.net trailers i saw that they had a Sub mariner spot, but now it is not there anymore. What happened with that? is it going to happen or not now, i did like Sub Mariner.

I never heard of anything about the SUb Mariner movie outside of Marvel's general development.

i dont kno but i remeber marvel saying it was starwars unfer water

Supposedly Universal has the rights.

Then it doesn't sound half bad, if that is the case!

I'd rather see Subby in a FF sequel.

Agree with you there Obi-Ron, i also remember hearing Chris Columbus attatched to this project though i would assume he no longer involved.

I really dig the concept: Star Wars underwater. I'd like to see that even if it wasnt Submarinerq

Obi-Ron said:
I'd rather see Subby in a FF sequel.
not a bad idea for introducing him and then do a spinoff perhaps, but if i were to see anyone on FF it would have to be Silver Surfer for me!

hopefully the rights have reverted back to Marvel, and they can develop Sub-Mariner independently, and integrate him with the rest of the Avengers characters in those films...

He really should be the one to free Cap from the ice.

I know this seems like a weird choice, but Michael Keaton for Namor.

A Sub Mariner movie has been speculated since Spider-Man came out. It’s been nothing but a tease. I think the rights were with Universal... but think about it. Is Namor really an A-type hitter? He's been canceled more then any Marvel character. I find the character intriguing if handled correctly. Remember in water he’s stronger then Thor or the Hulk.

I think he should be used as a foil or anti-hero guest staring in Marvel studio movies. If he becomes popular then launch a film.

Besides what’s already being planed I rather see.

Ant-Man
Dr. Strange
DareDevil Reboot
Iron Fist
Someone Anyone Cosmic (even Rocket Racoon)

Before a Namor movie
(Not Venom though ;)

I personally think Namor is a badass and TOTALLY deserves his own solo movie.

Yeah, but you worship Kurt Cobain? He knew like two cords and just screamed till he O-D'd Oh yeah he dug a dirty Hole too. But seriousl I only kid..

Namor's been in like five or six comics that got canceled. He's best known as a FF bad guy

Yeah, but you worship Kurt Cobain? He knew like two cords and just screamed till he O-D'd Oh yeah he dug a dirty Hole too. But seriousl I only kid..

Namor's been in like five or six comics that got canceled. He's best known as a FF bad guy
Haha yeah, I've actually started a Grunge band meself.

Back on topic though, from the very few comics I have read of Namor, I see him as a badass. But I am prodominately a DC guy.

I remember people said IRONMAN wasn't an A-lister either and we all know how that turned out. Sub-Mariner doesn't have to be. I think people will be interested because of the spectacle of the idea. An undersea civilization, along with the intrigue of a hybrid king trying to secure his rule and defending his kingdom against his enemies that result in epic undersea battles, showcasing dazzling effects. All the while with the backdrop of the world's naval powers feeling uneasy with the knowledge that a heretofore unknown power could challenge their might. Nothing like this has ever been seen before on film.

Respect the source material and make a good film, people will come.

^^ Ok then who should be his nemesis? I know some big blue guy with a funny name (Like Krang) was like prejudice against his father's side, and wanted the Atlantian throne. Then there's Tiger Shark, The Killer Whale guy (who I like) Orca??? Doom comes to mind but he's property of Fox (yech!). Maybe they would be better served by making a new villian or threat just for the movie.

^^ Ok then who should be his nemesis? I know some big blue guy with a funny name (Like Krang) was like prejudice against his father's side, and wanted the Atlantian throne. Then there's Tiger Shark, The Killer Whale guy (who I like) Orca??? Doom comes to mind but he's property of Fox (yech!). Maybe they would be better served by making a new villian or threat just for the movie.

You're probably talking about Namor's arch enemy Attuma, who imo has to be in a Sub-Mariner film.

Yes, that is correct. I couldn't recall his name although I could see him in my minds eye. Thanks, I was too lazy to do the research.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"